G6 skin for Stab II./JG 11 G5/AS flown by Major Gunther Specht, Ludwigslust/Germany, 9th April 1944

I didn't think I needed to flood the thread with images that I based my skin on but I may have been mistaken going by another disparaging post by Madcop... 

Spoiler

168725963_sm4.jpg.8b2e88aeb5e6eb09d01ebc3ffe463e61.jpg607932920_sm3.jpg.094d3946658bfd7dbdeb0fcffa9486e7.jpg469783849_sm5.jpg.19506014a5d478c435ad80c3d81d9bb1.jpg1435976548_sm6.jpg.630a4c2fdec05ba9e23b71e19b1d5ddb.jpg303910427_sm2.jpg.fa54ebf7220273fcda96a6e117aac630.jpg1854230044_sm1.jpg.33889a558f026f6d39d5668b4c41b58d.jpg

My main inspiration and source for the skin was another brilliant profile by Claes Sundin in his Luftwaffe Fighter Aircraft profile book 6 Profile no. 71 Bf109 G5/AS Major Gunther Specht (not shown above for copyright). While I would like to take credit I am really just copying his work and bringing it into the game. There is much material and info on Gunther Specht available online for anyone wishing to Google it.

edit: Actually pic one above is the Claes Sundin profile just such a poor version I didn't immediately make the connection.

585609283_guntherspecht.jpg.2acda9582abc1d5eeb05792beab87201.jpg

gs12.jpg.c7d0811b2d1fe36d27416eb3ac35c982.jpg

1953125530_gs11.jpg.e62f293139d0237f59e53fe04641be21.jpg

311889291_gs10.jpg.9f52a7f41f5c6929ebd41ac8ad0d561b.jpg

https://mega.nz/file/lokk2RKb#fgMrX465Y5ILeUS6G31QfM4Aj5PvAR7Lx0wdDsGIs_Q

Final version - https://mega.nz/file/ko8yRSLC#78FNP6XSluRybjvc1Kynw7tFcDOTUM1xv5M2fyw9BSo

Had to leave the black blob/paint along wing root out as it just didn't look right. 

Edited by SR603-Flowbee
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

Mr. Flowbee,

I can understand that you like to disguise reality as you wish. It might even be interesting and even funny.

But you could at least call things by their names, but even that, it seems you just can't. I hope that your aim is not to willfully mislead the readers of this site.
If I were you, but I'm not, I would put your post title in something like "Free and vague interpretation of a German plane (Messerschmitt?), based on a photo I don't have really well looked at, on which I did not inquire too much, but which definitely marked me  "
It would at least have the merit of not making the uninformed reader believe that you represented the plane of Major Günther Specht, who must be writhing in laughter in his grave. He thanks you for that.

Having said that, I recognize you as an indisputable talent ( that I do not have ) but I think it is a pity that you waste it in this way.

For your info the plane on the pic is not a Bf 109G-6.

Madcop.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 3
  • Upvote 1
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Madcop said:

Mr. Flowbee,

I can understand that you like to disguise reality as you wish. It might even be interesting and even funny.

But you could at least call things by their names, but even that, it seems you just can't. I hope that your aim is not to willfully mislead the readers of this site.
If I were you, but I'm not, I would put your post title in something like "Free and vague interpretation of a German plane (Messerschmitt?), based on a photo I don't have really well looked at, on which I did not inquire too much, but which definitely marked me  "
It would at least have the merit of not making the uninformed reader believe that you represented the plane of Major Günther Specht, who must be writhing in laughter in his grave. He thanks you for that.

Having said that, I recognize you as an indisputable talent ( that I do not have ) but I think it is a pity that you waste it in this way.

Madcop.

In February 1943, the G-6 was introduced with the 13 mm (.51 in) MG 131s, replacing the smaller 7.92 mm (.312 in) MG 17 – externally this resulted in two sizeable Beule blisters over the gun breeches, reducing speed by 9 km/h (6 mph). Over 12,000 examples were built well into 1944 although contradictory factory and RLM records do not allow an exact tally.[74] The G-5 with a pressurized cockpit was identical to the G-6. A total of 475 examples were built between May 1943 and August 1944.[75] The G-5/AS was equipped with a DB 605AS engine for high-altitude missions. GM-1-boosted G-5 and G-6 variants received the additional designation of "/U2".[76] and were clearly identifiable as they use a modified, aerodynamically cleaner, engine cowl without the usual blisters.

Your desperate attempts at discreditation are starting to make you look ridiculous. In future I will completely ignore your attention seeking ramblings in the hope that you find someone else to harrass.  

Edited by SR603-Flowbee
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 6
  • SR603-Flowbee changed the title to G6 skin for Stab II./JG 11 G5/AS flown by Major Gunther Specht, Ludwigslust/Germany, 9th April 1944
1 hour ago, SR603-Flowbee said:

In February 1943, the G-6 was introduced with the 13 mm (.51 in) MG 131s, replacing the smaller 7.92 mm (.312 in) MG 17 – externally this resulted in two sizeable Beule blisters over the gun breeches, reducing speed by 9 km/h (6 mph). Over 12,000 examples were built well into 1944 although contradictory factory and RLM records do not allow an exact tally.[74] The G-5 with a pressurized cockpit was identical to the G-6. A total of 475 examples were built between May 1943 and August 1944.[75] The G-5/AS was equipped with a DB 605AS engine for high-altitude missions. GM-1-boosted G-5 and G-6 variants received the additional designation of "/U2".[76] and were clearly identifiable as they use a modified, aerodynamically cleaner, engine cowl without the usual blisters.

Your desperate attempts at discreditation are starting to make you look ridiculous. In future I will completely ignore your attention seeking ramblings in the hope that you find someone else to harrass.  

Just put him on the ignore list mate. 

8 hours ago, Madcop said:

Mr. Flowbee,

Madcop.

I am sure Flowbee has made it clear already that he is making skins to his own taste and sharing them for people to download as they like. Since you can't look at anyone's skins without nitpicking something, maybe stay out of his skin threads. This way he will not have to deal with your pedantic nonsense, you will not have to be offended by the artistic license in his skins, and the rest of us can appreciate his work without you filling up threads with snarky remarks.

Some people like that sort of nitpicking feedback. Some people do not. Maybe stick to the skinners that do. Flowbee has made it clear he does not. No means no. Move on.

• Upvote 4

Quote "I didn't think I needed to flood the thread with images that I based my skin on but I may have been mistaken going by another disparaging post by Madcop... "

There is nothing derogatory and discrediting about asking to call things by their names, the proof is that you have succeeded ... I would still have stated in the updated heading "G- 6 Early ", but hey, we're not going to quibble are we?
I point out for all useful purpose that I installed this skin, very well artistically done in my category "What if - Fun."

😉