Gerhard Kroll Yellow 11 wnr. 27119 9.JG54 Ludwigslust Germany, crashed april 1944 near Luneburg.

I started off doing a skin (yellow 11) that I believed to be Fw. Fritz Ungar but it turned out that this aircraft is actually attributed to Gerhard Kroll. I deliberately removed some of the mottle because it made for a better looking skin. Also I fixed a few things after getting the screenshots.

I found some more information. It looks like Ungar and Kroll both flew this aircraft until Kroll crashed it. Well it is documented below.

1370785558_krollinf.jpg.8f8cb55932664c7cb9b87543a3137867.jpg

103993166_Fritzungarinf.jpg.de1f28a879fcd784a4bafd8563688477.jpg

1902795953_emilhecker.jpg.bf84402fe7ccda5ce422938efd3f6b17.jpg

1324675630_gh8.jpg.ee062067cd24edfc6393f076c11e022a.jpg

Bf 109G-5 WNr.27119 9./JG 54 Emil Hecker in the picture but the 109 flown also by Gerhard Kroll & Fw. Fritz Unger .The 27119 lost 8 April 1944 with Gerhard Kroll at the controls. Ludwigslust February 1944 Jagdwaffe vol. 5 sect. 1 / Defending the Reich, 1943-44

543769429_gh4.jpg.490e84f427157e6024b4c8b0665dd02d.jpg

1860894647_gh9.jpg.02450e14d24510b73d38c83b49ef6f5c.jpg

846185202_gh1.jpg.048f208a0dbb12aa8ced9c657dbb8265.jpg

https://mega.nz/file/0kUVHAZK#4cY8JAxZrQUqSuapDWChEim_GFyVXStfdf43mcw_we8

Edited by SR603-Flowbee
  • Like 14
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 3

Said it before Flowbee and I'll say it again, absolutely topper!

Even skins that have been done before, you do them and make them 20% visually better.

For the sake of us all but especially the serious enthusiast please keep up the good work.

• Thanks 1

Very nice skin flowbee! I really like JG 54 aircraft from this period of the war.

If I may ,I would like to make  few suggestions as far as the skin details. These are minor so please forgive me for being so anal.

If you look at the photo you will see the unit  "Green Heart" marking is located more towards the center of the cockpit opening  rather than forward of the cockpit as illustrated on your skin. I also think the number "11" needs to be more forward because the photo shows it located near the grab handle and first  fuselage seam aft of the cockpit. Finally,  I think the stroke  of number "11" and gruppe marking also needs to be a little wider per photo. 

Your skin is fine without these possible corrections but I felt it would make the skin a little better and a little more historically correct. Its only meant as a suggestion. 

I think the illustration below illustrates pretty well the aforementioned suggestions I have made. It matches the photo pretty well.

Thanks for your consideration.

InkedMesserschmitt Bf 109G6R3 9.JG54 Yellow 11 Gerhard Kroll WNr 27119 Germany 1944 0A_LI.jpg

• Thanks 1

Real refreshment among G6 skins...

But it looks better with a real mottle back on plane... more like Luftwaffe combat aircraft:

image.png.51a0ddc0bc6d5f96fecc548ff411d7ec.png

Just my 2 cents, in reality were more cammo stains...    

Edited by esk_pedja
20 hours ago, fw190_luftwurgerfan said:

Very nice skin flowbee! I really like JG 54 aircraft from this period of the war.

If I may ,I would like to make  few suggestions as far as the skin details. These are minor so please forgive me for being so anal.

If you look at the photo you will see the unit  "Green Heart" marking is located more towards the center of the cockpit opening  rather than forward of the cockpit as illustrated on your skin. I also think the number "11" needs to be more forward because the photo shows it located near the grab handle and first  fuselage seam aft of the cockpit. Finally,  I think the stroke  of number "11" and gruppe marking also needs to be a little wider per photo. 

Your skin is fine without these possible corrections but I felt it would make the skin a little better and a little more historically correct. Its only meant as a suggestion. 

I think the illustration below illustrates pretty well the aforementioned suggestions I have made. It matches the photo pretty well.

Thanks for your consideration.

InkedMesserschmitt Bf 109G6R3 9.JG54 Yellow 11 Gerhard Kroll WNr 27119 Germany 1944 0A_LI.jpg

You beat me this time LOL.

I would just add that it appears to me that on the picture, the 3rd.Gruppe bar is not as wide as the 1 from the number 11...

If I may add this profile and specify that on the picture the pilot in the cockpit is Fw.Hecker.

Shame that the game do not allow us to have a correct G5 with the correct right cowling, the shorter antenna mast and the pressurized cockpit.

Maybe it will come one day as Erla produced Bf 109G-6 had the same cowling as the G-5.

I really like this skin Flowbee.

Congratulations.

Spoiler

Bf 109G-5_JG54-III-9_Gelbe 11 + --_Fw Hecker_Ludwiglust_02.44_Th Decker.jpg

Edited by SYN_Haashashin
Swatikas always under spoiler
26 minutes ago, SR603-Flowbee said:

I noticed the things mentioned, I just chose to do it differently as I liked it better. I don't really like covering up a nice skin with huge decals as I'm doing a skin not writing a reference book. Also, I didn't want to put the emblem over the top of a latch or too far back as most pilots had it slighly forward. I can't see any latch in the 109 G5 b/w photo?

It is always a bit of a compromise so you will need to bear that in mind. Check out the differences by artists rendering the same aircraft above. I actually based mine on Claes Sundin's version but thought if I post that up alongside the photo and then mine it would just start a debate lol. Most of the time I try and stick with contemporary photo details but I really liked this one for myself.

If there is enough interest in an aircraft I don't mind changing these kind of minor things as they take little time to do and I now have plenty of cloud space. Having seen the brilliant artist impression above - (luftwurger) - I will do that version as well so maybe you will like that better or maybe you won't.

I am puzzled by the appearance of Fw. Emil Hecker also being also associated with this aircraft. How many pilots shared an aircraft?

Fw.Ungar took the aircraft in charge on November ,1943 and flew it regurlarly until February 10,1944. On April 8,1944 Uffz Kroll was shot down onboard and wounded in the Lüneburg area. The picture was taken in Ludwiglust on February 44 with Fw.Hecker at the controls. 😉

7 hours ago, JG_deserteagle540 said:

My Mega transfer quota was exceeded....................

Yikes.. I didn't know there was a quota. How much is it and when do you get a new quota? I've used all the space I had apart from what I now have with Mega.