I Wanna ask about buy on the steam or sturmovik site

f0rer

i buy BOS BOM in the 2017. i check in sturmovik site this two game Versions are link the Account .

but i Purchase BOB on steam in 2020. it can't link to sturmovik site. steam didn't give CD-KEY It's bothering me.

if i buy other DLCs in sturmovik site, still can play on steam version ?

Nadelbaum

As long as you own BOS in Steam you can play all the other content as long as your Steam and Sturmovik sites are linked. Open BOS from Steam and take a look at the main menu to see what expansions you see.

You will not link any Steam content back to Sturmovik site i.e. no way to see there what you have on Steam.

Edited by Nadelbaum
ciderworm

I bought BOS on Steam + some other titles before moving over to the Sturmovik Store. Provided you link the 2 correctly you will be OK

TrueGrey
6 hours ago, f0rer said:

i buy BOS BOM in the 2017. i check in sturmovik site this two game Versions are link the Account .

but i Purchase BOB on steam in 2020.

Not sure if I udnerstand you correctly, but it looks like you have bought BoS and BoM in official Sturmovik shop and BoBp on Steam, if you want to play other BoX titles on Steam you need to own Battle of Stalingrad on Steam as well.

f0rer
4 hours ago, TrueGrey said:

Not sure if I udnerstand you correctly, but it looks like you have bought BoS and BoM in official Sturmovik shop and BoBp on Steam, if you want to play other BoX titles on Steam you need to own Battle of Stalingrad on Steam as well.

thank you. but BoS  BoM and BoBp all buy on the steam. but the BOBP can't find in Sturmovik site game Version, only show i have BoS and BoM

4 hours ago, ciderworm said:

I bought BOS on Steam + some other titles before moving over to the Sturmovik Store. Provided you link the 2 correctly you will be OK

you still play steam Version right?

4 hours ago, Nadelbaum said:

As long as you own BOS in Steam you can play all the other content as long as your Steam and Sturmovik sites are linked. Open BOS from Steam and take a look at the main menu to see what expansions you see.

You will not link any Steam content back to Sturmovik site i.e. no way to see there what you have on Steam.

thank you lot. When I bought BoS and BOM, steam will give the CD-key let player link to Sturmovik site. look like now they don't give the key 

AEthelraedUnraed

It's not exactly clear to me what you bought where.

BoS -> IL2 store in 2017

BoM -> IL2 store in 2017

BoBp -> Steam in 2020

^ This correct?

And which version are you trying to run? The Steam version or the game you downloaded from the IL2 site?

• Upvote 1
ciderworm

Yes, all bought titles are listed on the game menu screen and available. The game is located in the SteamApps & IL-2 desktop shortcut links to there. No Steam "keys" required.

tednturanski

Hello.  I'm Ted Turanski from Lake City, Michigan, USA.  On the subject of Steam or Sturmovik site, I've been wondering about future purchases.  When Stalingrad and Cliffs of Dover Blitz were on sale at Steam, I bought them.  Just played each enough to know they work - and they work fine, and I think that I will like them both very much.  I've been watching Steam for sales on the other titles.  MY QUESTION:  Does the Sturmovik site have similar sales from time to time like Steam does?  And then ANOTHER QUESTION: Are there any advantages or disadvantages to buying from one source or the other?  Any advice would be most welcome!  Thanks.

TrueGrey

Welcome Ted and yes, the official store also have sales from time to time, plus there are some modules that can't be bought on Steam. If you buy products from Sturmovik site all the money goes to developers. Also it is worth to mention that if you want use your Steam purchased modules with those from the site you will need to link your account, for details you check this guide.

Edited by TrueGrey
[=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther

The sales on the official site are more frequent. Jason does a good job of "making up" reasons for sales and no one is complaining. 🤪

• Upvote 1
tednturanski

Thank you, TrueGrey and FlyinPinkPanther, for your response.  I will try to link the accounts, and in the future try to buy from this site.

I appreciate your help!

Ted

• Like 1