Will TFS ever market their game and start sharing Work in Progress?

I may be hoping a bit too much but wouldn't it be great to see some work in progress from the team about what they are actually working on rather than another changelog with a few tweaks?
With Truesky being implemented (who knows when?) surely there must have been even a few seconds to grab a couple of screenshots?
I mean DCS are still in Beta and yet they are releasing images of what players can expect.
It is so disappointing that the team don't appear to realise publicity sparks conversation and interest but all they appear to be doing is......well who knows!?

DCS have posted a selection of weather images including the one below and if you look at the bottom of their post, comments and likes and shares, it is obviously a popular addition.

Come on TFS, market your product please!

159594248_10165243871155341_6969321741449993093_n.jpg.8fb6df0b6c871249187a2479ab1654b5.jpg

Popular.thumb.JPG.37c591ad6299da47fa5e5617e201d847.JPG

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Leifr said:

Maybe TFS don't actually have anything to show. 🥴

It’s in keeping with the whole history of Team Fusion and it’s ‘leadership’.

Everything is always just around the corner but completely opaque. We actually know next to nothing about who, what and when Team Fusion are and what they’re doing.

It’s always been this way.

About the only thing we know at the moment is they’re having trouble integrating Truesky into the game engine.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

I was just thinking recently I would be happy to hear some development updates from time to time. I don't actually need screenshots or even semi-weekly dev updates like BoX but a few snippets of what's going on would be very welcome.

• Like 1

Whatever is their way of working, if sharing or not sharing work in progress, and whatever problems they are encountering (or aren't encountering), at least they brought "Desert Wings - Tobruk", and I'm very happy with this add-on. So yes, for me, they can keep doing their job their way, no problem with that.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
20 hours ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

Whatever is their way of working, if sharing or not sharing work in progress, and whatever problems they are encountering (or aren't encountering), at least they brought "Desert Wings - Tobruk", and I'm very happy with this add-on. So yes, for me, they can keep doing their job their way, no problem with that.

I agree. I don't think we ought to be trying to bait them into sharing more.

It is good to know that some people are still working on moving this further forward - but what has been accomplished so far is quite wonderful.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
7 hours ago, Avimimus said:

but what has been accomplished so far is quite wonderful.

In eight years they’ve managed to produce one expansion which an average of forty-four people world-wide enjoy.

Is that a wonderful accomplishment?

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

In eight years they’ve managed to produce one expansion which an average of forty-four people world-wide enjoy.

Keep Cliffs of Dover alive (and expanding it) is enough, Cliffs of dover is one of the best sims and deserves keep going

• Like 5
16 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

In eight years they’ve managed to produce one expansion which an average of forty-four three people world-wide enjoy.

Changed that for you.:lol:

Have to say I am not that happy with it, if that figure is correct, wherever it comes from and represents, then they wasted those years sadly.:crazy:

As for the OP, it was mentioned by Buzzsaw somewhere here that they are in talks with 1C regarding whatever comes next, maybe that is the reason nothing definate has been mentioned apart from the improved sky and adding V.R., as well as a few hints at possible aircraft.;)

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

Edited by Missionbug
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

You need to sign contracts and agreements with right holders if you want to produce one official add-on in one official game series.

2012 - 2016 = Team Fusion is a bunch of friends, only granted permission for modding and patching.

2016- 2020 = Team Fusion becomes Team Fusion Simulations, an official company with permission of access to the source code of the game. A contract is signed in 2016, a contract which stipulates their commitment to the production of an add-on. The add-on is finally released in 2020.

They spent four years on Tobruk, not eight. Either you are misinformed or you have a bad attitude. Let's put it that way: please stop your bad faith, go back to Combat Box and leave us alone.

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Yes. It is.

What is your issue? Seriously? As mentioned, they really had ~four years to do it on a limited budget (with much of the work still done part time). If you think you can do better - I'd suggest going out there, convincing a publisher and developer to give you access to the source code of an existing project, then coming up with the funds required. I have suggestions if you want to try... JSF, Klingon Academy... there are a bunch of old sims that could do with a rebuild.

As for your Valve numbers, in 2020 depending on the month the peak number of simultaneous players ranged from 101-368 - which really isn't bad, especially as some of us only fly a sim once a week but still get many years of enjoyment out of it... those numbers translate into a user base in the thousands.

But even taking your number of '44' simultaneous players... you ought to try creating a work of art that gets 44 people to crowd around it at a gallery trying to look at it simultaneously? For the life of me though - what is your purpose in saying these things?

Edited by Avimimus
  • Upvote 8
2 hours ago, BOS-KrausseBouse said:

For years, the fusion team has worked for FREE to keep this simulator alive.

And today there are people who dare to complain!

This annoys me enormously ...

Anna Scott:

After all ... they are just a bunch of enthusiasts who do this for fun ...

:salute: ~V~

PS: Or was it Buzzsaw, who said that? :dance:

Team Fusion brought us a flyable Wellington, Ju-88C, Dewoitine D.520, Bf-110C-6, Gladiator Mk. II, what other sim has those aircraft. With the Wellington, how many people were aware that there was a torpedo bomber variant, and not just an ordinary Wellington carrying torpedoes like the He-111H-6 or A-20C? They were the first to release a flyable Hurricane Mk. IID, they brought back the P-40C and the F4F (Martlett) after all this time, a vast variety of ships were added, much better than Pacific Fighters; they released more Campaigns than you would get in a single IL-2 Great Battles installment. As well, the Desert War has never been properly done in flight sims: the last time someone tried doing the Desert War was in 1999 with the game Desert Fighters, and that didn't even get released.

Overall, Team Fusion added a lot of things that have never been seen before in flight sims. Therefore, they should be highly respected for all of their work.

Edit: 1C Maddox made several fundamental errors with the original game such as the fact that the Welly was listed as the Wellington Mk. 1C despite the fact that it had no waist guns, and therefore is the Mk. 1A. Also, despite the fact there were 2 flyable Italian planes: G.50 and BR.20, Italian voices were not provided and instead were German.

😑

Edited by Enceladus
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2
14 minutes ago, Enceladus said:

Team Fusion brought us a flyable Wellington ...

Don't call it a Wellington. It's a Wimpy. Some call her Wimpy Wonder 💕.

:salute: ~V~

6 hours ago, Enceladus said:

As well, the Desert War has never been properly done in flight sims: the last time someone tried doing the Desert War was in 1999 with the game Desert Fighters, and that didn't even get released.

By Dynamix?? I thought I was the only one who remembered the disappointment of it being cancelled! :)

Wow! I never saw that trailer - just a couple of articles with screenshots! I did see a trailer for a game called "Aces X" though. It was a 1946 secret projects themed spin-off that involved being able to swap components between aircraft or something.

• Upvote 1
17 hours ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

P-51A confirmed for Tobruk??? 😜

Didn‘t know that one. Thanks for posting.
Nice trailer. Like many of the time with great (for then) 3d animations for openings etc. but the games weren‘t even close to them at the time. I wondered when games would actually be like that. 

On the topic: yeah, I actually wish TF would promote it more. Always eager to know what‘s coming and how everything is coming along. Makes me keep interest.

But if that isn‘t possible, then that‘s what it is and we can‘t change that. Enjoy the game for what it is now and get surprised with whatever comes next, when it gets announced. Like I was when I heard Tobruk was finally coming out. Made me jump from BoS right back into CloD.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2
On 3/16/2021 at 9:20 AM, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

you have a bad attitude. Let's put it that way: please stop your bad faith, go back to Combat Box and leave us alone.

On 3/16/2021 at 1:28 PM, Avimimus said:

What is your issue? Seriously?

For the life of me though - what is your purpose in saying these things?

Sorry but self-appointed moderators can go and whistle.

If you don’t like people asking questions or stating the obvious then put them on ignore.

The fact is you’re treading the well worn path of ‘Lie back and think of Oleg.’

All discussion of what Team Fusion are actually doing or how and who are doing it or discussion of the paths they have taken are actively discouraged.

Is this healthy? Has this helped?

The dwindling user base would seem to indicate it has not.

Why are Team Fusion having trouble integrating TruSky into the game?  Could it be that integrating anything into the core game engine is proving difficult if not impossible?

The last 1C producer of this game admitted to lots of problems doing anything with the game engine.

Has anything changed in the now nine years Team Fusion has been tinkering with this game?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3

DD_Arthur... how could I put it? ...you... me... and the community of simmers in general... WE KNOW this software still presents several issues, even years after its release back in 2011. But your first statement in the present thread was not dealing with that, so please stop clouding the debate by introducing new statements which are nothing but distractions destined to evade what you really did: sustaining a statement that is clearly wrong. Let's say it again: four years = good faith... eight years = bad faith. I answered to that original statement of yours in no other tone than the tone this bad-faith statement was deserving.

"Why are Team Fusion having trouble integrating TruSky into the game?  Could it be that integrating anything into the core game engine is proving difficult if not impossible?"

If TFS doesn't manage to upgrade this software up to modern standards, then at some point in the future we'll realise it's an obsolete software, end of story. It happens to all simulators and it will happen to Cliffs of Dover... and to Great Battles equally. Maybe within a few years the market will impose a standard use of flight sims in which two technologies will be required: a VR headset and hand/fingers tracking on clickable virtual cockpits. At present, the Dover series has clickable cockpits but not VR. And the Great Battles series has VR... but not clickable cockpits. So let's what happens. Anyway, the obsolescence of DCS, Rise of Flight, Cliffs of Dover and Great Battles... is coming, so please my friend, be ready when the moment comes. Hyperlobby is a good memory and Combat Box will be a better one... if you like it that way.

Now, going back to the way on how you behave in the forums, it is very clear now who you really are. You are nothing but a CoD/TFS hater. Those chaps are doing their best so leave them alone. Who do you think you are?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 3
On 3/16/2021 at 10:07 AM, Missionbug said:

Have to say I am not that happy with it, if that figure is correct, wherever it comes from and represents, then they wasted those years sadly.:crazy:

Unfortunately,it is true. Just look at the recent steam charts. This says all.

Screenshot_2021-03-18 IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz - Steam Charts.png

• Upvote 1
48 minutes ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

You are nothing but a CoD/TFS hater. Those chaps are doing their best so leave them alone. Who do you think you are?

It is frustrating to see something you love being criticised, even more so when the target of criticism is something you worked on as a passion project.

But it’s important to remember that criticism is also a valuable tool for improvement. I see criticism as a vital part of the game development process, as it lets us know what our customers and potential customers want. And while CloD is absolutely a passion project for me, I also want others to be able to enjoy it. If I see someone criticise my area of responsibility (the campaigns mentioned in my signature and the single missions I’ve made), I welcome it as a guide to improving my work, so that it’s the best it can be.

• Like 4

No, Semor76, TFS didn't spend eight years to produce "Desert Wings - Tobruk". You and Missionbug are giving approval to DD_Arthur's sentence "In eight years they’ve managed to produce one expansion", which is completely false. Your peak players list responds to the distractions introduced by DD_Arthur, not to what Missionbug was agreeing... and Missionbug was agreeing with a wrong statement which is, I repeat, "In eight years they’ve managed to produce one expansion".

Both of you, Semro76 and Missionbug, are falling into DD_Arthur's trap. It's amazing how naive you are, it's amazing how DD_Arthur manages to manipulate others. Amazing and sad.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, 343KKT_Kintaro said:

No, Semor76, TFS didn't spend eight years to produce "Desert Wings - Tobruk". You and Missionbug are giving approval to DD_Arthur's sentence "In eight years they’ve managed to produce one expansion", which is completely false. Your peak players list responds to the distractions introduced by DD_Arthur, not to what Missionbug was agreeing... and Missionbug was agreeing with a wrong statement which is, I repeat, "In eight years they’ve managed to produce one expansion".

Both of you, Semro76 and Missionbug, are falling into DD_Arthur's trap. It's amazing how naive you are, it's amazing how DD_Arthur manages to manipulate others. Amazing and sad.

As I said 343KKT_Kintaro I was unsure where the numbers came from or what exactly they represented, I see now he was referring to on line players one of which I am not, however, I was merely stating that whatever series of numbers there might be for satisfied customers then they could deduct me from that list.;)

Much as I want to love Cliffs/Blitz/Tobruk I find the more I try to play it the more dissatisfied I am, sad but true, the new models are truly outstanding but the game play leaves much to be desired.

I admire those of you who stuck with the game from the very first release, I also bought the original, to have found enjoyment for all these years with it is itself remarkable, a long time to play over the same landscape, I bought Tobruk to support the effort in the hope it would finally transform my ideas of the game alas it did not.

Equally admirable is that this group of enthusiasts continued on to develop it, however, I have now given up on it, I do not need to fall into "DD_Arthur's trap" as you call it, I have my own thoughts and opinions, I also do 3d, skins and maps so realise and appreciate just how long and hard these folks worked to try and improve things but again I say sadly that to me also it often seems a wasted effort, I do wish them and any of you who do enjoy it good luck going forward though.

Take care and be safe.

I thank you for your efforts, Missionbug, efforts towards a peaceful exchange of messages... but we need the so mentioned exchange sticks to a minimum of rationality if we want all of this makes any sens.

Reading the messages as they come, one of the messages came from DD_Arthur who stated "In eight years they’ve managed to produce one expansion which an average of forty-four people world-wide enjoy"

Then, to the so mentioned message, you Missionbug answered "Have to say I am not that happy with it, if that figure is correct, wherever it comes from and represents, then they wasted those years sadly"

You see Missionbug, the problem is that the figure you are mentioning is only partially correct because TFS spent 3 years and 8 months to release Tobruk, NOT EIGHT YEARS. Furthermore, if a company has to be judged after eight years of work as it is being done today, then let's wait until December 2024. Indeed, their liability regarding the state of the game should be admitted, ok... but only since the date they have full access to the source code : December 2016, nothing to do with 2011/2012, a period when a different developer was in charge.

Now, please Missionbug, ask yourself if DD_Arthur is about to apology for his "little mistake" when he counted those past years. Rather than that, I'm sure he will keep this thread out of topic bringing his so pretended "fair and lawful criticism" so that he can keep dropping his bombs full of shit on the thread, thus obtaining that both the game and TFS keep being harmed by the insidious little method he permanently uses on the present forums. I'm tired of witnessing so dishonest methods, and I smell a troll wherever he is, South West England is not far enough for me, trust me. Will he come back now to the thread so that he calls me again a "self-appointed moderator"? My goodness...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

We should all remember that all of this work has been done during people's spare time. So, whenever you have time to play the game is when the people part of TFS have time to work on the game. This is the same for people at IL-2 Great Battles who are Beta testers and those who make Scripted Campaigns... do you really think that those people are available everyday to do their work?

Here's something, in 2016 1CGS announced that they would be going to the Pacific after BoK; almost 5 years later they still haven't gone to the Pacific. What about the Air Marshall feature, that has been in the talks for many years and yet it still hasn't been released, nor do we know what it is?

The answer to those 2 things are that they don't have the info on Japanese aircraft and ships to go there. They technically could, but there would be lots of educated guess-work required, which could give us something like how the FMs were in Pacific Fighters. With the Air Marshall feature, Jason has stated what it is has changed several times over the years and the person making it will leave the team once it is completed.

Okay, but what about some other things.

Currently, IL-2 GBs is probably the only game with this LoD to not have Drop Tanks. The original IL-2, PF and IL-2 1946 had them, CloD didn't have them because they were not used during the Battle of Britain; now they have been added for Desert Wings-Tobruk.

Back in 2017 1C announced that Drop Tanks would be added for Bodenplatte, but were not. In the 3 and a half years since we have only heard them say that Drop Tanks are in the works, but have not seen any WIP images of them. 

Also, what about the bug where the pilot dies when touching the water, even if it's in shallow water -- elusive to only IL-2 GBs. I hoped that it would be fixed with update 3.001, or shortly after but it didn't happen. I PM'd the developers about this and didn't get a reasonable answer. This bug (and some other things) made me give up on IL-2 GBs in the late summer of 2019 because it was getting frustrating for me as they had never addressed this issue, and at worst they are not even aware of it. A year later when a thread was about this issue I posted a friendly message with Jason mentioned to address this issue and even gave an example of what to say. Nothing happened and I just got laughed at by LukeFF

Overall, both teams have been silent about additions that are taking a long time, or issues with their games that have lingered on for years.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Missionbug said:

As I said 343KKT_Kintaro I was unsure where the numbers came from or what exactly they represented, I see now he was referring to on line players one of which I am not, however, I was merely stating that whatever series of numbers there might be for satisfied customers then they could deduct me from that list.;)

Hi Pete.  No, those figures refer to the entire player base, regardless of whether they are playing online multiplayer or offline single player like yourself.

Cliffs is a Steam only game which means Steam can see how many people have actually fired up the software at any given time.  As you can see, these figures tell a rather sorry story.

The release of TFS patch 5.0 seems to have been a rather big nail in the Cliffs coffin where the player base plumetted after it's release.  Why was that?

The base of any game like this is the single player who does not feel the need, nor finds his expectation fulfilled by online multiplayer.  These people are the bedrock of the player base and provide the majority of purchase funds.  There's just no getting away from this.

Team Fusion's leadership seems to have concentrated their efforts for a dwindling multiplayer base these years.  The results of this are there for all to see.

As you can see from some of these replies, questioning the actions of Team Fusion's leadership seems to be verbotten and difficult questions like "wot's going on guys?" always elicit the same pattern of responses; "how dare you ask!,  you're a hater!, we shouldn't question them" etc. and then turn around into attacks on forum users and other software. 

It's all very strange.

However, I did enjoy Mr. Kintaro's meltdown:biggrin:.  Very French:salute:.   Here's a little video from MysticPuma when he made valiant but unappreciated efforts to bring some kind of professional level to their PR. 

Here's the blurb for the video dated Sept. 2014;

Slow motion footage capturing the beauty of the lighting effects and engine flame effects. Previously posted on our Vimeo channel, footage of some of the work that Team Fusion are carrying out to fix legacy bugs, improve graphics and frames-per-second while also building a new Theatre of Operations for players to fly in :) Cheers, MP

Despite Mr. Kintaro being unaware of it,  Team Fusion has taken seven years to get to Tobruk. 

As for me being "a hater"?

Let me just mention that my squad set up our own Cliff's of Dover server some eight years ago.  As a squad we gave up on Cliffs due to lack of development about four or five years ago.  Imagine our surprise now that our little server has become the one with consistantly the largest numbers of flyers on it!!:biggrin:

Infact on the Tobruk expansion launch night such was the level of TF leaderships competance they were unable to provide a server to play their own game.

Luckily for TFS our very talented and dedicated guy-who builds the missions and runs our server for the benefit of the community as a whole-was able to come to the rescue and put up a Tobruk map for the multiplayer community to enjoy!

Guess who pays for this?  Yes, myself and a handful of other squad guys.  Even though we have long since abandoned Cliff's as a group we are happy to continue to pay for the running of this server and even provide a T/S channel for the wider community to enjoy.

Thats the kind of 'hater' I am:)

• Upvote 3

A quick question for Kintaro now he knows I put my own hard-earned cash into ‘keeping the dream alive’.

What do you do?  

You mentioned earlier in the year that you intended to make some Cliffs movies. How are you getting on with this?

Difficult, huh?  

User made video posted on YouTube is one of the most effective ways of promoting video games.

GBS makes it easy, Nvidia Shadowplay makes it easy.

In Cliffs it’s tough as the track recording system is essentially broken. 

Despite the obvious advantages of having a plentiful supply of free promo available TFS have never made any attempt to fix it.

I’m why is that?

6 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

In Cliffs it’s tough as the track recording system is essentially broken.

This is totally false...

The track recording in Cliffs Of Dover series works very well and the tracks are readable from one version to another (my tracks from 2013 still work).

We can re-record tracks from a track (very useful for videos creators ) and have beautiful slow motion.

And as you can see in this video, there is no problem to create videos with CloD.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, DD_Arthur said:

Hi Pete.  No, those figures refer to the entire player base, regardless of whether they are playing online multiplayer or offline single player like yourself.

Cliffs is a Steam only game which means Steam can see how many people have actually fired up the software at any given time.  As you can see, these figures tell a rather sorry story.

Hello DD_Arthur, thank you very much for the clarification, really appreciated, that is indeed a sad state of play.;)

In truth I very rarely fire any game up these days, health issues get in the way, last time for Tobruk was maybe a week or so ago and I had yet another CTD with one of the campaigns, I have such little time that I can actually play that I just gave in and did something else, this was following a update in which there seemed to have been much love given to fixing various campaigns, mine it seems was still broken, it just crashed in a different place.:cray:

Anyway, I will leave that Hurricane campaign forever stuck where I left it and get on with other things, life is too short.:drinks:

I do hope for others that things improve, for me I just lost interest completely, sad to say.

Mysticpuma always made stunning videos and images, they show what can be, however, I look for game play more than visuals and as pointed out this title is more aimed at Multiplayer.

Take care and be safe.

Edited by Missionbug

You know what?

When Cliffs of Dover first came out I was brought in as a special moderator on the SimHQ forums for that... I even came up with rules separating complaints and speculations about the development from discussions of the actual gameplay (rules that were still in place there the last time I checked).

You know what? I don't think of myself as a self-appointed moderator! But this thread is giving me flashbacks.

Honestly, it took a lot of enjoyment out of the sim and its release to be constantly putting out fires. I'm rather tempted to say: If you can only see the clouds let other people have their silver linings - and if you aren't enjoying something, then leave alone the people who are.

As for me - I'm out. I had enough of this pointlessness back in 2011-2012 to want to relive it. I was going to discuss the strategic layer of the campaign that was planned for Sierra's Desert Fighters and how it was actually more appropriate to North Africa than it was for other sims... but I no longer feel like participating.

Edited by Avimimus
  • Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, Avimimus said:

You know what?

Wholly irrelevent. If you want to tell your life story may I point you to the Free Subject part of the forums?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, OBT-Mikmak said:

This is totally false...

The track recording in Cliffs Of Dover series works very well and the tracks are readable from one version to another (my tracks from 2013 still work).

We can re-record tracks from a track (very useful for videos creators ) and have beautiful slow motion.

And as you can see in this video, there is no problem to create videos with CloD.

Absolutely disagree with you. 

The trk recorder could be superb but there are so many issues with it that it is impossible to rely on. I shoot my video footage live, which is really frustrating due to the amount of images/video missed but it's the safest way. 

Take for example this video I created, the searchlights don't show up in trk files. 

Often aircraft jitter around, often aircraft don't shoot at the location they did real-time, often visual effects don't look the same in the trk files it is completely useless when it comes to creating quality footage, it's a real shame. 

I fired up CloD again today and it is quite incredible even now, the interiors of the aircraft are beautiful, the detail and fidelity is fantastic for an old game, the landscape of Britain and France truly glorious from up high, the lighting very natural (compared to the bizarre colour palette of BoX), the sunrise and fog layers, the visual effects of the fires and smoke (aircraft) very natural, the damage model, visual and internal, really fantastic, there is so much to love even now. 

But.... there are features that drag you out of the immersion and no indication if they will ever be addressed. Often the question is asked directly of the developers but they just ignore them and concentrate on features no one asked for. 

So for example questions were asked if there was a possible way to fix the render bubble, to make the ground feature fade in or blend in rather than the current "pop up and in the distance draw them in line by line", there was a reply that the Tobruk update had twice the draw distance of Blitz but that isn't the point. The popcorn pop up is so detracting once seen it just annoys the hell out of players. 

Trucks that can't cross bridges, essential for good campaign or missions, controls still being erased and remapped.... just check the bug tracker. 

But I still admire the sim. 

The problem is the frustration of knowing how could it can be and yet rather than seeing updates about work in progress we get changelog updates. That should be part of an update but where is the work in progress, where are the images of Truesky, where are the images or teasers that spark interest and discussion. 

Currently all we know is Buzzsaw was talking with 1C about whether they could continue with CloD expansions and then no news, nothing. 

Marketing sells products, currently the silence is deafening :(

Here's another video showing WiP from a while back :)

https://youtu.be/U7Qiiprc0-4

And this was experimenting with 3D contrails:

Edited by Mysticpuma
  • Upvote 2
1 hour ago, DD_Arthur said:

In Cliffs it’s tough as the track recording system is essentially broken

It is not. All my low effort clips on youtube were made from tracks I record online or offline. BoS track recorder is better cause it enables you to rewind easily but in CloD you can record tracks from the tracks. The only issue I have is sometimes ships and possibly other moving objects on online maps do not move in the tracks so it looks like you're bombing empty water. It's not perfect but it is good enough for me and it certainly is not broken like say DCS track recorder where when I replayed a track it had nothing to do with the mission I actually played.

Anyway I much prefer CloD to BoS. That being said let's get back on topic and that is I also wish TF would do more announcements or progress report or whatever.

But just reading this thread I can see why they avoid it. Seems like they would just get overwhelmed by complaints from people who are not even playing anymore and enjoy beating dead horses. Also lots of "VR support when?"

Edited by palker4
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3
Posted (edited)

And finally:

The problem is frustration comes across as hate, when it is genuinely frustrating because at it's heart CloD is amazing but after years of work it still feels like there is years left to do. Engaging with the potential buyers and longstanding supporters and showing WiP surely can't be seen as an outrageous request? 

Edited by Mysticpuma
  • Upvote 1