Mediterranean Shermans

Aliocha62Mordreddesurmia

Do you know from which year these British Sherman were in North Africa?

In any case thank you for your work I am happy to have armor in the colors of the fighters in North Africa it will go very well with the Mod Kuban North Africa. I only hope that one day there will be British and American tankers modeled.

Edited by Aliocha62Mordreddesurmia
Maillon21
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Aliocha62Mordreddesurmia said:

Do you know from which year these British Sherman were in North Africa?

In any case thank you for your work I am happy to have armor in the colors of the fighters in North Africa it will go very well with the Mod Kuban North Africa. I only hope that one day there will be British and American tankers modeled.

It's difficult to found accurate informations, but I think that regiment was equiped with Shermans for the second battle of El Alamein. Operation Supercharge, October - november 1942. 

After North Africa, they served during Italian campaign. From the end of 1942 to 1945 this unit served in the 9th armoured brigade under 2nd New Zealand Division command.

Edited by Maillon21
  • Like 2
Oliver88

Awesome tanks. Shame I’ve not got Tank Crew (for the most part disinterested in Russian theatre and German/Russian equipment) as these skins are interesting to me as am from the county and also work six-ish miles away from “one of the tanks” you’ve skinned. 😆

If you did not know there are some books about them (the Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry) published (not got them though so dunno how good/bad they are) that might provide a source of more (reference images and) accurate information.

Royal Wilts: The History of the Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry 1920-1945 by Lieut Col P. W. Pitt

Primus in Armis: An Illustrated History of The Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry by Stephen Keoghane

Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry, 1907-67 by Brigadier J.R.I. Platt

Considered putting them onto HSD?

Edited by Oliver88
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
BP_Lizard

Thank you very much. I hope that you will also make some Med skins for the Pz III & IV in the near future. 

• Like 1
Aliocha62Mordreddesurmia

Thanks guys for all this information. For my part I live very close to the zone of parachuting ( operation "RUGBY" ) of the invasion in Provence ( France ), operation "Anvil Dragoon".

Anvildragoon.png

Operation_Dragoon_invasion_fleet_1944.jpg

Edited by Aliocha62Mordreddesurmia
  • Like 1
Maillon21
1 hour ago, =13NVO=Eeafanas said:

I am always moved when I see that the skin does not match the model / modification of the tank.

I don’t speak English very well, but I think I’m getting negative vibes. 🙂

• Haha 1
Cybermat47
Just now, =13NVO=Eeafanas said:

The first photo shows another modification of the Sherman, which does not correspond to the modification that is present in the game.

Don’t download the skin, then.

• Like 1
Maillon21
22 minutes ago, =13NVO=Eeafanas said:

Могу говорить и на русском:russian_ru:

A simple example.  we have a KV-1s in the game.  In Jason's official appeal to the skin makers, it was said that historical skins were needed that corresponded to the type and modification of the tank.  But perhaps someone has learned to read poorly or just someone has poor eyesight.  The bottom line is that skins were made for the KV-1s that matched the KV-1 tank.  This is a gross mistake, since although these are the same tanks, they are DIFFERENT MODIFICATIONS.  Here is the same situation.  The first photo shows another modification of the Sherman, which does not correspond to the modification that is present in the game.

DF019A3E-F786-4BCE-84AA-60A9248A9402.png

1243DF74-CEE6-48A1-B7BE-F1FBE9FD496B.jpeg

I am well aware of these problems, and I would really like to be able to work on the right tank models. But they don’t exist and probably never will. So what do I do? Do what I can with what I have, or do nothing? Personally, I prefer to please a majority of players at the expense of historical reality.

• Like 1
Cybermat47

@=13NVO=Eeafanas if you’re not going to use the skin, then what’s the point of your comments in this thread?  Literally nothing here will impact you.

• Like 1
Oliver88
1 hour ago, =13NVO=Eeafanas said:

But perhaps someone has learned to read poorly or just someone has poor eyesight.

You are the one that has learned to read poorly or has poor eyesight it seems.

Because Jason’s appeal was for some skins that could be added to the game as official. To be considered to be included they needed to be posted on the appeal thread and be historical (to be fair does not say whether has to be the correct tank).

The appeal was not a general one that any custom skins made be for the correct tank. Maillot posted these tanks here, not in the appeal thread, therefore has not put them up to be considered for inclusion in the official list and they don’t need to meet the rules for Jason’s appeal.

I tend to prefer skins be the same or similar model to be honest. But your point was, well, pointless. Jason’s post is irrelevant to these skins and if you do not like them do not download them.

Edited by Oliver88
  • Upvote 1
Maillon21
Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, BP_Lizard said:

Thank you very much. I hope that you will also make some Med skins for the Pz III & IV in the near future. 

It takes time to master a template, and I am not an expert on Pz III and IV. I may try with a Pz IV, but I promise nothing. 🙂

14 hours ago, Oliver88 said:

am from the county and also work six-ish miles away from “one of the tanks” you’ve skinned.

Hmmmm... Swindon? 😀

248910513.thumb.jpg.220b3c1c440031953f7657b556a8db87.jpg

Edited by Maillon21
  • Haha 1
216th_Cat

Bloody hell. Swindon's bad enough but fancy naming a tank 'Trowbridge'. When I go there I wish I was in a tank...

• Haha 1
Maillon21
Posted (edited)

Royal Wiltshire Yeomanry - B Squadron - Steeple Ashton & a generic.

I made a mistake in the first post. The diamond is the Regimental HQ insignia. Update done.

Capture.JPG.03d9cd73365a06ffd1a30193ec02d350.JPG

Steeple Ashton

688710905_SteepleAshton_1.thumb.png.aa44844da5280ead052ce4048fe29e64.png

B-Squadron - Generic1376402666_B-Squadron_Generic.thumb.png.e993ae88908bbb90ca5ff3ab3ce9159d.png

Edited by Maillon21
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Maillon21
Posted (edited)

Kiwis in Italy

20th Armoured Regiment - 4th Armoured Brigade

Tiger Lil 

2021_4_20__14_48_43.thumb.png.c60232d93304775042fd010f4bf26f04.png

2021_4_20__14_49_6.thumb.png.0fc224f6463601c3e3b497e583788758.png

Edited by Maillon21
  • 2 weeks later...
LeLv30_Redwing

Beautiful! If you have more skins for Italian front, I'll have use for them all 😉

• Thanks 1