Spring Offensive - Operation Michael

April Spring Offensive - Operation Michael  

122 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on participating in this years April/Spring Offensive Campaign?

2. 2. Which side would you prefer to fly on during the campaign? (select all that apply)

• Central Only (don't select other options)
    • Entente Only (don't select other options)
    • Either side (put me where you need me)
    • Entente Preferred
    • Central Preferred

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/03/21 at 08:00 PM

CfC=76SQN-FatherTed
35 minutes ago, TheBishop said:

let me grab my scarf real quick.....

ok...ready!

You're not, err, um, Bishop Brennan by any chance?

• Haha 1
J5_Baeumer

See Notices to Pilots in original post.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
J5_Baeumer

See Notices in first post (unit/pilot assignments).

J2_Drookasi

Aligning the Spadau ammo belts and looking for defective rounds.

J5_Gamecock
2 hours ago, US213_Talbot said:

@J5_Baeumer You got me listed twice, I know it's because I'm twice as sexy as everyone else.

That's OK Talbot... you can fly as either one. Your choice. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
J5_Cremer

Apparently I accidently clicked Entente, rather than Central.  Is there a way to undo or correct my choice?

J2_Trupobaw
22 hours ago, US213_Talbot said:

@J5_Baeumer You got me listed twice, I know it's because I'm twice as sexy as everyone else.

It's because you're slated a two seater from the gunners seat :).

Twin-fuselage aircraft - Wikipedia

• Haha 1
J5_Baeumer
13 hours ago, RFC_Maqui said:

Apparently I accidently clicked Entente, rather than Central.  Is there a way to undo or correct my choice?

RFC?  Now you will surely be shot for treason no matter who finds you on either side of the lines!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
1PL-Lucas-1Esk

S!

I would like to ask Entente squadron rep's and individual pilots to come to the J5 Discord tomorrow (Monday, April 5th) at 20:00 GMT, if possible. We have to choose the commanders and decide about the tactics before the test game which will be played on Thursday.

@CfC=76SQN-FatherTed @=IRFC=Artun @=IRFC=Hbender @JG1_Butzzell @JG1_GenMarkof @[Pb]Cybermat47 @CubanCoveRunner @40plus @ACG_Talisman @gascan @kotori87 @Oliver88 @No56_Badger85 @Zatch @Cynic_Al @Tailmange @Wolfpack345 @NO.20_Krispy_Duck @Enceladus @Miners @RFC_Maqui @SPA3_Ace_Ivo @US93_Larner @US213_Talbot

Shoot me Private Message if you will not be able to show up.

Thanks,

Lucas

J5_Baeumer
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, 1PL-Lucas-1Esk said:

I would like to ask Entente squadron rep's and individual pilots to come to the J5 Discord tomorrow (Monday, April 5th) at 20:00 GMT, if possible. We have to choose the commanders and decide about the tactics before the test game which will be played on Thursday.

Communications - Flugpark Discord: https://discord.gg/h8MRmyN

RFC_Macqui is defecting to Central forces.  Needless to say we will be keeping an eye 🧐 on him.  He has been moved to Blue Team ahead of your meeting.

Edited by J5_Baeumer
  • Haha 1
Oliver88
7 minutes ago, J5_Baeumer said:

RFC_Macqui is defecting to Central forces.  Needless to say we will be keeping an eye 🧐 on him.  He has been moved to Blue Team ahead of your meeting.

It’s funny as I was thinking similar things when he was incorrectly assigned to Entente. As despite the name have only ever seen him on the Central side (both on stats and in game).

😄

Edited by Oliver88
  • Like 1
J5_Loppnow-Sch27b

Are you sure we weren't trying to spy on you.  🤓

• Like 1
J5_Cremer

To be fair, RFC is an artifact of a squadron I belonged to in other games.  I've used that IGN in every game since then.  I've used it so long that I forgot that it has meaning here!  

• Upvote 2
Oliver88

Noticed another discrepancy with the team assignments. Entente have been assigned four pilots that are not going to be taking part in Operation Michael judging from that screenshot of the teams on first post compared to the poll results so far;

@Enceladus

@NO.20_Krispy_Duck

@Cynic_Al

@40plus

Make that five pilots as noticed that @JG1_Butzzell is also listed as a “No” and assigned to Entente.

Edited by Oliver88
40plus

@Oliver88 Just chiming it so say I'm pretty sure I selected "No" I would not be participating in the event. Sorry If I miss-clicked. 

Oliver88

Yeh that’s what the poll results state. The faults not on you. You’ve hit what you intended.

Just for some reason the 4/3/21 Notice on the first post has a screenshot of a spreadsheet with the team assignments and has listed you in there for Ententes team along with four other pilots.

image.png.bad0b81ea3290ae43081ac52686a09da.png

Edited by Oliver88
J5_Baeumer

@Oliver88 and @40plus.  Really?

Then why this?  If you click NO, then don't click a side preference, right?

deleteme2.PNG.f42aac0fe8e8b7d43400aa1f65679f70.PNG

image.png.8c0bb44590e52237f4ac40c916fd32a0.png

Oliver88

Yeh I realise that also. But then what’s the point in the first question even existing if the side preference is also for attendance.

Just have one question. 😆

Edited by Oliver88
J5_Baeumer

On the surface, it appears that would be a good way but in practice there are some other reasons.  Of course there are always a few who gum things up unintentionally.  Its only a few and not enough to worry about.  1/4 of those signing up correctly don't show up, which should be more of a concern to you guys.  :)

Oliver88

What side do you wish to be on for the Operation Michael campaign?

a) Entente Prefered

b) Entente Only

c) Central Preferred

d) Central Only

e) Either Side

f) I am not participating.

J5_Baeumer

Bless their hearts.

J5_Klugermann
27 minutes ago, J5_Baeumer said:

On the surface, it appears that would be a good way but in practice there are some other reasons.  Of course there are always a few who gum things up unintentionally.  Its only a few and not enough to worry about.  1/4 of those signing up correctly don't show up, which should be more of a concern to you guys.  :)

Chicago Cubs on Twitter: "Yeah, we know. That field doesn't paint itself  though. See you soon.… "

Edited by J5_Klugermann
JG1_Butzzell

S! All

My NO vote was merely informational and not a comment on the event or J5.

Sizzlorr produces great missions and J5 as always, is exceptional at organization.

My lack of participation is due to the DM. I, like many others, dropped out of Black September over the frustration and stress of dealing with the DM. 

If you can put up with the DM, you're a better man than I am Gunga Din.

My fear is that FC vol 2 will be just as worthless until they fix the DM.

• Upvote 1
J5_Baeumer
Posted (edited)

@JG1_Butzzell  and @40plus  feel free to remove your requests for slot assignments in the event then, since you aren't flying.  I think you can just uncheck your "votes" and eliminate any possibility of miscommunication.

• 1. Do you plan on participating in this years April/Spring Offensive Campaign?

• 2. Which side would you prefer to fly on during the campaign? (select all that apply)

Edited by J5_Baeumer
JG1_Butzzell

Sorry,  polls closed. no can edit. 

My previous post should put an end to any miscommunication most definitively and set the record straight regarding my participation in what until now, due to a borked DM, has truly been one of the great events that people look forward to year after year in a time of limited opportunities and dwindling capabilities whether due to health or other problems that now present themselves in a myriad of unfolding patterns that lead us in unintended directions for which there is often no discernible outcome that can be either chosen or avoided without becoming the victim of a perverse situation that crushes our spirit so that we no longer take pleasure in a dear and exciting past time that has provided over thousands of hours of entertainment with friends in an ever shrinking world.

• Confused 1
=FEW=Hauggy

Feel free to put me on the entente side if needed.

NO.20_Krispy_Duck
58 minutes ago, JG1_Butzzell said:

S! All

My NO vote was merely informational and not a comment on the event or J5.

Sizzlorr produces great missions and J5 as always, is exceptional at organization.

My lack of participation is due to the DM. I, like many others, dropped out of Black September over the frustration and stress of dealing with the DM. 

If you can put up with the DM, you're a better man than I am Gunga Din.

My fear is that FC vol 2 will be just as worthless until they fix the DM.

Same here - the DM in FC remains a problem. I'm doing most of my WW1 flying back in RoF these days. Sorry for any confusion in filling out the poll.

Edited by NO.20_Krispy_Duck
1PL-Husar-1Esk

Yep the DM is crap now, if not for 1PL and others I would not be playing, but kudos for organizing this event I hope it still be great fun despite the BS of jammed rods and losing wings in 3 G maneuvers.

• Upvote 1
J5_Cremer

Oh!  Damage model!  I thought you guys were complaining about the Dungeon Master!

• Haha 2
J5_Klugermann

image.jpeg.03c3fa66d501b822cdadb8443353d535.jpeg

You were with the DM...at the end ?

Edited by J5_Klugermann
kotori87

During Black September, I remember fighting a lot of generic-looking planes because I didn't have other players' skins. Now that we've got Haluter's Skin Downloader available, it is easier than ever to stay up-to-date. My hard drive isn't big enough to download everything, but I'd at least like to have most of the squadron and personal skins from everyone who's flying. So what all skins are you using? I, for one, plan to use my personal skin, and I highly recommend the FNF skins for all of the Entente pilots without a squadron or personal skin.

• Upvote 1
J5_Cremer

I'll be flying Otto Kissenberth's Jasta 16b.  Unless I get instructed otherwise.

Kissenberth at Dawn.jpg