Hello tankers,

as an "old armored platoon leader" I still have a few suggestions for further orders or measures. On the one hand, there would be the function of switching to another tank in the platoon as a deployed train driver if the tank fails, so that the commander there stays with the tank that has failed. An attack would not continue without those in charge - the whole thing would only have to stop briefly before it could continue.
Another function via the command rail would be to halve or double the distances between the tanks by sending a command. This command is applicable to all formations.

Furthermore, it would be desirable if your own tanks would always turn the cannon and the whole tank in the direction of the enemy - and not join in the changes in direction of the leader. If evasive action has to take place in front of the enemy (for example as a change of position), the tanks deployed would have to move backwards - with the cannon to the enemy. You could combine this function with how far the distance to the enemy is - for example, from a distance of less than 1,000 or 800 meters.

Good luck

Guenther

Here a picture of my new and last 1/16 scale tank model - the picture is an example from the producer - my tank has the Tamiya Leopard 2 driving parts and motor with gear

P1120272.JPG.8ee6d66ca2d75d6c563335353324a81e.JPG

Mehr zu diesem Ausgangstext

Für weitere Übersetzungsinformationen ist ein Ausgangstext erforderlich
Feedback g
  • Upvote 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Hello tankers,

a few notes to make your own game tinting even more interesting using the editor

- there are no individual single trees and bushes with which, for example, positions could be camouflaged against enemy sight

- camouflage material made of branches of various sizes would also be very helpful

- other available camouflage materials (for example boards and hay) were also used in localities to camouflage the vehicles against enemy sight

- there are no single camouflage nets to camouflage single vehicles and positions

Furthermore, it would be very helpful if the commander's view with the binoculars could be retained, even when changing to the gunner's position and back again.

Good luck !

Guenther

• Like 1
  • Upvote 5

Things like 3D camouflage nets/foliage would be a mega enhancement to the game world. Increasing the number of static items that could be used in the ME would be great, but being able to equip your tank with camo nets/foliage would be news worthy.

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, LachenKrieg said:

Things like 3D camouflage nets/foliage would be a mega enhancement to the game world. Increasing the number of static items that could be used in the ME would be great, but being able to equip your tank with camo nets/foliage would be news worthy.

For static camo...push a tree over and hide in the branches.

2 minutes ago, CDRSEABEE said:

For static camo...push a tree over and hide in the branches.

Great suggestion, but adding 3D nets/foliage would allow you to bring the tree with you.;)

• 4 weeks later...

Hello it's a good game overall, but still in its infancy when it comes to the style of gameplay it wants to promote. Servers are still experimenting with gamemodes and the singleplayer could be improved to make you feel you're actually taking an active role and that the enemies are not scripted canon fodder. Besides I'm going to specify relatively clear improvements that would make the game better in multiplayer.

You need to improve the sound model, as it is an important way of figuring out what's going on as a tanker. I'm not an expert in tank engine noise level though, so I might be wrong.
Basically make the sound of tank engines to echo/propagate more. In Post Scriptum(WW2 multiplayer fps), switching off your engine to try to locate other tanks by sound is part of the metagame. It will address the fact that sometimes in multiplayer you don't even know where the tank battle is.
It will add a layer of depth to the tank game, which is a game of cat and mouse. I think this is the most important feature to be added.
Make the sound of tank shell as they fly more prominent. Sometimes I explode and I'm not sure if I hit a bug or if I was destroyed by a shell.
Increase/improve the propagation of all sounds. Obviously it would depend on if you have hatches open etc. Situational awareness would improve a lot with that change.

Add dust clouds formed by tanks passing over certain terrains. Same with the sound, dust clouds would improve situational awareness and potentially help planes as well.

Have crew exit the vehicule to repair, slower process to transition from normal operation mode to repair mode. Potentially reduce repair times after that.

Allow to leave the commander hatch open.

If it's not the case already with the tank designed map, maps with more landmarks that are recognisable from the ground and on the 2d map (for navigation).

Introduce earlier tanks like KV1 stug and marder for balance purposes. On some servers tigers ferdinands and panthers are removed because they would be too strong.

Stuff that other have already mentionned:

Infantry.

Address invisible walls.

Make the menu more tank friendly (for example multiplayer says 'dogfight').

Integrated voice chat.

Edited by ickylevel
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1
16 hours ago, ickylevel said:

Basically make the sound of tank engines to echo/propagate more. In Post Scriptum(WW2 multiplayer fps), switching off your engine to try to locate other tanks by sound is part of the metagame.

I use this feature very often in MP. It works very well. You have to switch off the engine and turn up the volume.

On 3/30/2021 at 7:48 AM, JG27_Steini said:

You have to switch off the engine and turn up the volume.

Run you game sound at 100% and adjust it in Windows Volume Control / Sound Mixer. All the little sounds can be heard. It does make a difference. There is a thread about it somewhere.