Level Bombing Damage

I've really been having a go at level bombing online (Finnish server) in the PE-2, I can pretty much get my deliveries on target although its not exactly pickle barrel accurate. I've been going for 10x100sc and dropping them in pairs, thinking that more bombs means more chances to hit something however the results haven't been dazzling.

Would I be better off using fewer larger bombs? Or spreading the payload over a wider area? Or maybe I'm just not getting as close as I think!

RedKestrel
2 hours ago, Halon said:

I've really been having a go at level bombing online (Finnish server) in the PE-2, I can pretty much get my deliveries on target although its not exactly pickle barrel accurate. I've been going for 10x100sc and dropping them in pairs, thinking that more bombs means more chances to hit something however the results haven't been dazzling.

Would I be better off using fewer larger bombs? Or spreading the payload over a wider area? Or maybe I'm just not getting as close as I think!

With the new bomb damage model (I say new, it's been around for a while) bomb damage falls off with blast radius pretty quickly (the inverse square law applies). Big bombs are really only useful for cracking larger, hardened targets. You are better off using multiple smaller bombs spread out, as this makes it more likely your target is going to be close to the impact point of one of your bombs.

• Thanks 1