[MOD] Mk 108 Damage

I made this mod to shut poeple (including me :D) up about Mk 108 damage. I don't claim this to be more realistic, it's just for fun. One hit should be enough to rip wings/tails off.

Big thanks to QB.Rails for helping me with this.

MOD Link

p.s. There has been enough discussion on mk108 effectiveness already, so lets not. I'll try to make a little less insane version in future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Upvote 5
  • 2 weeks later...

Many thanks ! What % percentage is increased damage ?

I remember, few patches ago, that Spit wing was loosing half of wing due to 20mm hits by Gustav....

• Like 2
On 3/12/2021 at 10:31 PM, esk_pedja said:

Many thanks ! What % percentage is increased damage ?

I remember, few patches ago, that Spit wing was loosing half of wing due to 20mm hits by Gustav....

About 33-50% increase in damage (bigger radius, force and shrapnel count)

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, esk_pedja said:

British tank Stuart had a 37mm canon for attacks on other steel tanks... and these "birds" are resistant to 30mm cannon hits ?!?

It's not just the size of the projectile that matters, but also how much explosive is in it. So I wouldn't compare tank projectiles to plane cannon that had to weight as little as possible.

Again, there has been plenty discussion on the Il-2 BOX version of Mk-108. You just have to deal with their approach to its damage. I cannot say with confidence how accurate is this mod, because I don't own MK-108 or any war planes in real life and can't test it myself.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Remember as well that the M4 sherman, Sd.Kfz.251/9, and Panther all have 75mm guns, but those guns perform very differently, due to different propellant amounts, she'll fillers, barrel lengths. Simple bore diamiter doesn't say much. And as for the stuart having a 30mm for killing tanks, punching through armor is a v the different task than ripping something apart something with HE, and in ground combat terms 30mm HE is very light, hence the support gun derivitave of the stuart, the M8 scott was up-gunned with a short 75 for more explosive filler. Even today's grenade launchers are 40mm for a usable load. 

Edited by migmadmarine
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

Unfortunately... I had occasion to see what 20mm burst makes of truck... don't think that it less hurts when 30mm hits Al fuselage and wings, even from shorter barrel.

• Like 1