Want to understand the MP Stats system better? Explanation in here

Enigma89

Vaal made a really sweet system for the stats system and all the main servers use it. With that said, I feel like a lot of people don't have a full understanding of how it works. I decided to translate the code over to a Google sheet. You can duplicate the sheet and experiment on your own to see how it works and how different variables influence the overall rating.

Here is the spreadsheet:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/11tOzi9yui2L5EyvNqHhSEiL1mtoTl-yeSMDclTi3RPY/edit?usp=sharing

I also made a video that helps as a guide to explain why values move in such a way based on the different possible variables. 

Charlo-VR

I like replacing the aircraft I destroy via my poor flying, and also like providing more aircraft for others, which is why I transport as often as I do. I feel even fewer points for resupplying would make sense 🙂

Much more difficult is surviving flying jumpers in, which I hope is worth lots of points 

15 minutes ago, Charlo-VR said:

I like replacing the aircraft I destroy via my poor flying, and also like providing more aircraft for others, which is why I transport as often as I do. I feel even fewer points for resupplying would make sense 🙂

Much more difficult is surviving flying jumpers in, which I hope is worth lots of points 

Doing paradrops should be rewarded but I believe there is a problem trying to detect who dropped them. 

CountZero

For squadrons positions same formula as for player is used (total of all players) but its devided by number of squad players, so thats why it will usealy go down if you add players.

def update_rating(self):
        # score per death
        sd = self.score / max(self.relive, 1)
        # score per hour
        shr = self.score / max(self.flight_time_hours, 1)
        self.rating = int(((sd * shr * self.score) / 1000) / self.max_members)

Its fair as if you have more menbers you can get bigger score and so on... but usealy big squadrons have many players who dont play mutch so when you add them they just lower rank. If you have smaller group of active players then that squad will have better chance then bigger group where half of players are active and other half just play every few weeks few sorties. 

6 minutes ago, CountZero said:

For squadrons positions same formula as for player is used (total of all players) but its devided by number of squad players, so thats why it will usealy go down if you add players.

def update_rating(self):
        # score per death
        sd = self.score / max(self.relive, 1)
        # score per hour
        shr = self.score / max(self.flight_time_hours, 1)
        self.rating = int(((sd * shr * self.score) / 1000) / self.max_members)

Its fair as if you have more menbers you can get bigger score and so on... but usealy big squadrons have many players who dont play mutch so when you add them they just lower rank. If you have smaller group of active players then that squad will have better chance then bigger group where half of players are active and other half just play every few weeks few sorties. 

Hmmm interesting, I will make a note on this, thank you. I wasn't able to reproduce this on Finnish, we had one squad member that stopped playing IL-2 he had one sortie, so when we took him out to experiment our rating did not go up. Not sure why based on your formula.

Edited by Enigma89

CountZero

By default min menbers squadron can have is 4 (server host can change that but usealy is 4), so the way i see it if you are big squadron and wont to have better chance to be in top places i would just split in elements of 4 of same squadron(exp: im squadron named RAAF No.69 and i have 12 players i would just register 3 squads with 4 players like: RAAF No.69 Flight A, RAAF No.69 Flight B , RAAF No.69 Flight C and so on...), and have my best/most active 4 players in one element and then you would get more promotion for big squadron if thats the aim. 

"we had one squad member that stopped playing IL-2 he had one sortie, so when we took him out to experiment our rating did not go up. Not sure why based on your formula."

Dont know why, but i just tested it for this squad:

http://stats.virtualpilots.fi:8000/en/squad/188/13/JG5_/?tour=40

it says their rank points are 10169k

and with quick manual calculation i get almost same rank points as displayed on stats:

10,165,087 points

so it looks like they are using default formula

Edited by CountZero