Developer Diary 273 - Discussion

• 1CGS
29 minutes ago, Han said:
Dear friends,

Today we can show you a teaser, the first screenshot of the Normandy map showing one of its characteristic features - a coastal port city.

Speaking of the railway junctions, some of you have pointed out that they are too simplified on the Rheinland map.

Full news - here is a full text and visual materials

• Like 12
  • Thanks 9
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5
  • Han pinned this topic

Great to finally see a image of the new Normandy map, excellent, as are the improvements to existing features.:cool:

Thank you very much for the update guys, really appreciated.:drinks:

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.:biggrin:

• Thanks 1

Wow! Interdiction against rail yards in Normandy?! ...with gradual improvements to the Rhineland map! I'd thought they'd have their hands full and any improvements to that map would have to come in a few years (as part of an anniversary edition or something) if at all.!

The detail of the city also bodes well for Dieppe being detailed (enough for us to simulate the Dieppe landings - something of considerable meaning for Canadians)!

Thank you very much for starting to improve the Rhineland map. It would be great if you could improve and add new content to the map from time to time, if you have the resources and the time to do so. The map still needs a little bit attention from you. 🙂

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, ColoniaLibre said:

Thank you very much for starting to improve the Rhineland map. It would be great if you could improve and add new content to the map from time to time, if you have the resources and the time to do so. The map still needs a little bit attention from you. 🙂

it's an understatement 😁

• Upvote 1

Pips, why so melodramatic?  You see one screenshot from altitude, at a distance, of a map that is still under development, and you throw a hissy fit and are ready to throw the Normandy expansion under the bus?

Really?

Some of you people need to chill out.

🙄

• Upvote 7
59 minutes ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

OH YEAH! I dare you to let me sneak in a fighter bomber on a marshalling yard like that with only two AAA emplacements.

Yup. There’s a Mosquito in my future destined for some railroad work. It’s a big hope but maybe we’ll get a train tunnel that we can bottle up both ends with a train inside. 

• Upvote 2

Nice screen of Le Havre for the Normandy map.

Good news about the time taken to improve the Bodenplatte map. It still needs some fine-tuning on some points like the marshalling yards but also:

- the absence of the autobhanes from where the Me 262s took off. 
- The absence of small villages and hamlets 

I hope that all this can be corrected one day...

• Upvote 5
34 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Pips, why so melodramatic?  You see one screenshot from altitude, at a distance, of a map that is still under development, and you throw a hissy fit and are ready to throw the Normandy expansion under the bus?

Really?

Some of you people need to chill out.

🙄

I repeat.......first sight.....😉

As you can see, I buy EVERYTHINGS here................but Rheinlandmap was extremely disappointing for me and what I see here seems to send us to the same kind of map.......Anyway, I do not buy maps, but planes and tanks ......................so.......

Please, remind this post and we will have a new discussion later. I just hope to have to express my apologizes!!!!😉

Edited by CCG_Pips
  • Upvote 2
  • Han locked this topic
  • Han unlocked this topic
  • Han unpinned this topic