Good morning and S!,

Would there be plans to incorporate the Henschel Hs 123 biplane into Il-2? Would be fab for ground attack on the Eastern Front I would think.

Bulldog

hs123-The-Nationalists-in-Spain-were-suitably-impressed-with-the-Hs-123-under-battle-conditions-purchasing-the-entire-evaluation-flight-960x461.jpg

Edited by IV./JG51-Bulldog
  • Like 7

Been calling for the 123 and I-153 for some time now.  The Hs 123 was very good at what it did and would be a great addition to the sim.

The I-153 should have been in the sim from the beginning.

• Upvote 6
1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Been calling for the 123 and I-153 for some time now.  The Hs 123 was very good at what it did and would be a great addition to the sim.

The I-153 should have been in the sim from the beginning.

I'm totally in agreement.

• Like 1

Would be nice in an early Barbarossa type scenario together with other soviet types of the era. There are many other aircraft still missing from this period as well.

However, to really make it shine we need infantry / more soft targets. Than the two 20mm will prove themself as perfectly capable.

Edited by 6./ZG26_5tuka
  • Upvote 1

I cannot think of any German plane included with the Moscow module that I would like to replace with the HS123.  Maybe the MC 202 (not German so my original statement stands :) ) but maybe not.  If anything I would put the Ju87B as a much higher priority.  However, the HS123 would make a great collector plane.

30 minutes ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

Sorry but allow me to disagree.

They were used up to the Battle of Moscow at least.

They were used well into 1944. So including that one as a collector would make a lot of sense.

33 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

If anything I would put the Ju87B as a much higher priority.

Yep!

• Like 1

In the older il2 i liked the more underdog planes, and this could be interesting to create an early mission pack with early birds.

I would definatly buy it. Early 109E4, Ju87B and Do-17.

With the new Normandy map we would have a great early western scenario too.

Im when the devs decide to create the Il2 "Battle of early Birds" 

• Upvote 1

The Hs-123 was use on three of our Eastern European theatres, the I-153 on at least two of them, the IAR-81 on two of them... all would make interesting additions - I'd probably prioritise the Fw-189, I-153, and IAR-81 ahead of the Hs-123 though... That said - it would make an interesting AI aircraft.

When I build my "Lions of Kalinin" Bf-109 E-7 campaign my hope was, that we would get the Hs-123 in the future so I could create a version of the campaign for it. Too bad that it never happened. During the battle of Kalinin it was the Hs-123 that saved the situation, while the Bf-109s were plagued by low serviceability and flew much fewer missions.

• Like 4
On 2/26/2021 at 4:28 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

I cannot think of any German plane included with the Moscow module that I would like to replace with the HS123.  Maybe the MC 202 (not German so my original statement stands :) ) but maybe not.  If anything I would put the Ju87B as a much higher priority.  However, the HS123 would make a great collector plane.

That dilemma could be beautifully solved by a Battle of France module! German lineup: Bf109E3, Bf110C2, Ju87B2, Do17 and premium Hs123! 😄

Great module in itself and in the same breath flesh out the Eastern Front ^^

Anglo French lineup has tons of great options as well. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Eisenfaustus said:

That dilemma could be beautifully solved by a Battle of France module! German lineup: Bf109E3, Bf110C2, Ju87B2, Do17 and premium Hs123! 😄

Great module in itself and in the same breath flesh out the Eastern Front ^^

Anglo French lineup has tons of great options as well. 

Battle of the Sedan!

Instant purchase for me.  In addition to that the Allied lineup would be Spitfire Mk I and Hurricane MK I in addition to a British bomber and a couple of French fighters.  That could transition to BoB using the Normandy map as a stand in because we would have enough planes to do that.  Finally, that French map could be reused on the back end for some post Normandy Pre Bodenplatte flying.

Western front 1940 to 1945 all with one more module.

And the response would be:

Another Me109!

Another Spitfire!

We already have a Hurricane and Me 110 and Stuka!

French planes are ugly!

Edited by PatrickAWlson
  • Like 1

Don't forget the Curtiss Hawk 75.

Probably the best fighter the French had on strength in any viable numbers.

The Dewotine 520 was very good, but was not available in meaningful numbers.

• Upvote 2
13 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Don't forget the Curtiss Hawk 75.

Probably the best fighter the French had on strength in any viable numbers.

The Dewotine 520 was very good, but was not available in meaningful numbers.

Very true - allied lineup in my world would propably look something like early hurricane, ms406, fairy battle and the Curtiss as premium. Not sure which would be the best cas/attacker - some potez propably...