Distant Aircraft bloated and Cartoonish

Been away from the sim for a while, and switched to VR - not sure if this is a VR only thing, or a product of my settings - but very distant aircraft are overly large and bloated. As I get closer (or zoom) they become smaller and better defined. Whatever happened to dots ?

13 minutes ago, tuck4412 said:

Been away from the sim for a while, and switched to VR - not sure if this is a VR only thing, or a product of my settings - but very distant aircraft are overly large and bloated. As I get closer (or zoom) they become smaller and better defined. Whatever happened to dots ?

There was an update to make aircraft somewhat more visible at both long and short ranges. one of the things they tweaked is contact scaling. It does produce something of a 'reverse zoom' effect but only at very long ranges, it should not be all that noticeable (but I do not play in VR, I'm on a 27in 1440 monitor)

There are options in difficulty settings on spotting. Standard spotting has a small amount of scaling. There is an 'enhanced spotting' or something like that that scales the contacts much more. Check to see if that option is activated. That setting would probably make the planes appear bloated.