Help With MP Server Questions

Hello, all,

After doing a bit of flying around on the MP the Flugpark practice server, I thought I'd check out the "Create Server" option in the FC Multiplayer interface.  I set up a custom dogfight server there (with password-entering the Baupuame Noon 1918 into the Mission Rotation). I was a bit surprised to then be taken directly into the server from the "create server" interface, but I took it in stride and flew around a bit: everything was working pretty much as I had imagined.  So far, so good. Now, however, I have some concerns:

1. Ever since creating the server, two sets of little green numbers appear in the upper right hand corner of my FC game screen.  I haven't noticed them before. My guess is that they are associated with the connectivity of the server.  Can anyone tell me what they are and why they are there? I can find no option for shutting them off.

2. I found no interface as the host for closing the server when I exited it (it was just like leaving any other server). Now, the server does not show up on the MP Dogfight Server List, but I have a suspicion that it is still running (on my computer? on some other platform?). Does a server created like this shut down when the host exits?  (There appear to be other kinds of servers that keep running when vacant). If not, how do I shut it down?

I probably should have looked before I leaped, but would appreciate any advice or information from the server savvy.

Best,

Ed M

Thanks, Jim: I was just going to follow up about whether there were different server types. That answers that question 👍

Best,

Ed

15 hours ago, JimTM said:

The bottom green number, under fps, is the field of view (degrees).

You can get rid of those numbers with backspace I think.

Incidentally, if you want others to join you in your server, check to see if there's an option for "maximum ping allowed".  In RoF this defaults to 0 which means no one apart from you can join.  Took me ages to work it out...

Incidentally, if you want others to join you in your server, check to see if there's an option for "maximum ping allowed".  In RoF this defaults to 0 which means no one apart from you can join.  Took me ages to work it out...

Good tip!  I was thinking that at some point I might invite a friend or two to come online and join into the server--what is a suggested number to enter into the "maximum ping allowed setting" to over ride the 0 default?

Best,

Ed M

10 hours ago, Slamm said:

what is a suggested number to enter into the "maximum ping allowed setting" to over ride the 0 default?

Never use the ping limiter; it's of no practical use and can cause unnecessary trouble.

Jeepers, I would never use the ping limiter. Do you think I'm crazy? As it is, my ping pongs like a heap o' steamin' .... oh f#ck it now you've reminded me. :angry: Thanks .....