Introvert seeks like-minded person for casual wingperson relationship (Europe evenings)

Guest deleted@210880

** Not needed anymore as I'm taking a break from Il2, so please ignore (don't bother messaging) **

Sounds like some kind of dating line eh? But no, I'm just after someone to fly online with from time to time, no need for an actual squadron with tags etc. Just a case of “if you’re online at the same time and feel up for it, lets fly together on coms”.

I have experience, but am not greatly skilled, so I could help a beginner with understanding things, or, fly as a competent wing to someone already experienced/skillful.

I tend to be online in the later evenings, European time.

I fly on the Finnish server, Combat box and WoL, and I usually fly Red but only because Blue has forever been more likely to be stacked against Red and the b******s never do anything about it. (Have managed some blue flights on combat box though in fairness).

I fly any type of mission (fighter/ground attack/bomber) and whilst I treat it seriously in that I want to do well in a mission (i.e. survive and get home) I can still laugh at myself when I accidentally dive bomb into the ground or whatever.

It’s important for me to fly with someone who has a similar view on certain things because I don’t want to have to deal with personality conflicts when I’m trying to enjoy game time. So if you’re looking for a wingperson drop me a PM to see if maybe it would work. But as a starter, if you are into QAnon and/or have a number 88 in your username please don’t bother. I’m also old/boring enough that I can’t really be doing with people who use sex/genital references in their usernames.

Here are my "Top Trumps" stats (out of 10):

Basic flight:                                     8

Dogfighting:                                    3

Air gunnery:                                    4

Ground attack gunnery:                 7

Navigation:                                      9

Fear factor (to the opposition):      2

(PM please if interested, no need to post anything)

Edited by deleted@210880
15 hours ago, YoYo*22 said:

But as a starter, if you are into QAnon and/or have a number 88 in your username please don’t bother.

Bugger that rules me out then. What a shame. And just down to the of the year was born. So much age discrimination these days. ;)

• Haha 2
Guest deleted@210880
13 minutes ago, 335th_GRFirdimigdi said:

This is way more serious than dating.

Might help if you mention what time you are usually online and your timezone.

I said late evenings Europe, so somewhere between 21.00 to 00:00 CET I figure is the most usual time.

Merged automatically:

10 minutes ago, Oliver88 said:

Bugger that rules me out then. What a shame. And just down to the of the year was born. So much age discrimination these days. ;)

Indeed, indeed.

Don't worry you're not missing out on much.

Ones like this I meant of course:

image.png.b3454cfe83cd5493e969a4a458b93449.png

Edited by deleted@210880

Ironically - considering the ww2 air combat sim context - 109 and 110 are loaded as well.

As is 14, 18, 23, 28, 83 and a bunch of other appropriated numbers. And I'd be willing to bet that going by Norse mythology and sagas regarding the exploration of N. America by Vikings who called it Vinland there's bound to be some made up connection with number 22 (V being the 22nd letter) as well; at least on that side of the pond.

Edited by 335th_GRFirdimigdi
Guest deleted@210880

Yeah, the point is if someone is using 88 for the HH conotations then they'd realise I'm not into the same 'club' and not waste anyone's time. If someone is simply using the year of their birth or they are the '14th Geoff' to register then either they may realise its not an exclusion, or they may of course realise I'm a picky so-and-so who they'd rather steer clear of; so 'dating filter' applied successfully again. ;)

(Ah, you mean 22 from my catch22 reference, yep will I'm not fussed if the literary meaning is missed; I've not heard of 22 meaning anything about Vikings, so will have to read up on that. Unfortunately plain YoYo is taken).

Edited by deleted@210880
  • 2 weeks later...