I wish that relatively easy (compared to a completely new plane) developed planes such as the Bf109 G6 Late and Fw190 A-6 would just be added as a 6th plane, if the main argument and concern is for the people who are only going to purchase that one module and no others.

Although it seems like the way they are looking at it, is that planes like the Mosquito and Me410 are twice as much work, which is being offset by having planes with relatively little work such as the G6 Late and A6.

Also, as far as the added weight from the Fw190 A6- is it simply from the outer Mg151/20 and ammo?  Do the wings actually weigh more?  I'm not sure if this is true, but I remember reading somewhere recently that the new wings on the A6 were stronger and lighter; which if that's true, would make me think that if an A6 had it's outer guns removed, could possibly be lighter than an A5 with no outer guns?  Or are there other new features of the A6 which adds to its weight?

I also really wish they would take advantage of planes like the A20G because they've already done much of the work since they have already developed the A20B.  I feel that the plane really needs a better rear gunner.

I would absolutely love a Ju188, Do217, He177, and would be completely open to paying a higher than normal price for one of them as a premium plane - $40 would be well worth it in my opinion.

• Upvote 1
9 hours ago, SCG_FeuerFliegen said:

I also really wish they would take advantage of planes like the A20G because they've already done much of the work since they have already developed the A20B.  I feel that the plane really needs a better rear gunner.

It would surely benefit the game. We don´t have enough flyable bombers in the ETO and the A20G was used both in BoN and BoBP timeframe.

image.png.3b9f6add5f7fb7e9d8800c53ee51cbe8.pngimage.png.755e888ed862fb7571c99bac11cf6b6e.png

However, they are aware and maybe include it at a later time.

VVS A-20G Havoc - Suggestions - IL-2 Sturmovik Forum

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4
2 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Bring it, please!

All those wonderful .50 Brownings in the nose.  Oh yeah.

I'd personally prefer the G-1 (with 4x20mm Hispano and 2xBrownings). There is also the British versions of the Havoc (e.g. Boston III) which are very suitable for the Normandy map. That said, a Wellington is somewhat slower and would make a great AI aircraft the the Ju-88C could actually catch (e.g. in coastal patrol duties)

Edited by Avimimus
  • Upvote 3
On 2/26/2021 at 9:33 PM, SCG_FeuerFliegen said:

If you set the a20 gunners to shoot at long range they wont be opening and closing the hatch throughout the fight. 

sorry this has nothing to do with the a6, I haven’t flown it much because it feels inferior to the a5 in every role.

1 hour ago, Hajo_Garlic said:

sorry this has nothing to do with the a6, I haven’t flown it much because it feels inferior to the a5 in every role.

Why is it inferior? Better speed and firepower than the A-5 for almost the same climb and turn time. Seems like an improvement and a nice middle ground between A-5 and A-8.

• Upvote 1
51 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Why is it inferior? Better speed and firepower than the A-5 for almost the same climb and turn time. Seems like an improvement and a nice middle ground between A-5 and A-8.

I admittedly have flown it about 20 minutes. I was being harsh.

the jabo configurations seem slower than the a5u17? the fighter without outboard cannons seemed slower and less maneuverable 

thinking back I probably tried em out with full fuel or maybe the upgraded ai made a fool out of me 

Edited by Hajo_Garlic
  • Upvote 1
55 minutes ago, ICDP said:

My understanding was the higher boost was limited to 1000m or below, so not much use to a fighter.

For sure it would have had plenty of use in the eastern front but also in the west after Torch and Normady. Lets not forget that one primary role of a fighter is to hunt enemy's ground attack planes at low level which were normally scorted as well. In no way air was was reduced to fight high level bomber formations.

4 hours ago, Mandoble said:

Interesting that the Germans only applied the extra boost above 1.42 to ground attack variants and not for clean fighters.

The Germans didn't have enough C3 high octane fuel for everybody so it was kept for JABOs which actually are more important for the war effort... C3 was there to keep the Fw-190 flying while DB 109 engines were running on low octane fuel with "patch up" solution such as MW50 being then applied to increase performance.  

1 hour ago, ACG_Mephisto said:

The Germans didn't have enough C3 high octane fuel for everybody so it was kept for JABOs which actually are more important for the war effort... C3 was there to keep the Fw-190 flying while DB 109 engines were running on low octane fuel with "patch up" solution such as MW50 being then applied to increase performance.  

All the 190A6s were using C3 with or without extra boost.

Yep, the BMW 801D-2 ran on C3 100 octane fuel.  I know this for a fact because all the 190 skins in the sim have a little C3 100 symbol on them. 😇

9 hours ago, Mandoble said:

For sure it would have had plenty of use in the eastern front but also in the west after Torch and Normady. Lets not forget that one primary role of a fighter is to hunt enemy's ground attack planes at low level which were normally scorted as well. In no way air was was reduced to fight high level bomber formations.

From my understanding the MTO was third priority for the LW in 43 - first being eastern front, second defence of the Reich. On the Easten front fighters were doing good enough without boost. Furthermore even on the eastern front combat often took place above 1000m. In the West a boost only below 1000m was useless. 
The boost was added to Jabos mainly for takeoff with their heavy payload. 

I don't see the point of adding on fighter variants a boost that is only usable below 1000m and that is dead weight (~100 kg ?) above that altitude, where happen most of operations.

27 minutes ago, Dr_Molem said:

I don't see the point of adding on fighter variants a boost that is only usable below 1000m and that is dead weight (~100 kg ?) above that altitude, where happen most of operations.

I bet the Jabo guys appreciated the dash speed on exfils after low level strikes. I know I would in the virtual world.

2 hours ago, II/JG17_HerrMurf said:

I bet the Jabo guys appreciated the dash speed on exfils after low level strikes. I know I would in the virtual world.

Definitely do. Made use of that on the Finnish Virtual War server the other night. It works!

42 minutes ago, ShamrockOneFive said:

Definitely do. Made use of that on the Finnish Virtual War server the other night. It works!

As an urban helo guy we like to say we get vertigo and nosebleeds above 1500 feet. 3000 seems ludicrously high :)

• Haha 3