Request: Offical Plain skins for the 'silver' aircraft

Guest deleted@210880

Guest deleted@210880

Would it be possible please to have the addition of at least one official plain (green/brown, green, grey/green or whatever) painted skin for the P38 (and any others that maybe limited to silver).

I request this because when online the silver sticks out like a sore thumb, the closest the P38 comes to it is with big fat id stripes on the wings and yellow engine bits... which kind of is the opposite of what I'm looking for with regards to blending in!

Especially as a ground attacker, for me it is all about hiding, and my understanding is that the silver (unpainted) was used in real life because there was little in the way of opposition/risk so little need to hide. In the game online this is not the case as there are plenty of hungry, often superioir in numbers, axis fighters buzzing about.

Surely there must be some realtively historical colour the p38 can be put in that means there is some blending in with the ground? It can't be any less historical then having 10 Hartmans on line at any one time....or the desert skins....

The yak-9 (I think it is) has a nice generic grey skin as an alternative to the generic green one, that's the sort of thing I mean, something not tied to a real plot, but just looks good and works at reducing your appearence to the enemy nice people on the other side. 

Thanks.

Great idea. 👍

I would go further and ask 'Can we please not use a shiny silver official skin as the default when someone is using a custom skin?'   I have nice customs skins for each of my squadmates but we can't use the P51 or P38 ones as we know that everyone else will see a shiny hi-vis skin.  On Winter maps we cannot use any of our lovely skins because the default ones are usually bright green.  A solution to both issues might be to allow players to specify which official skins will be used as the default that everyone else sees.

• Upvote 1

I second this idea. Similarly, for some lend-lease aircraft; why is it that there isn't just a plain USAAF skin with no markings? It's a little annoying when I try and fly an American A-20 and only have the one skin that looks like someone grated cheese on it.