Jump to content

Game version 4.506 discussion: Fw 190 A-6; Bf 109 E-7 in 4K, other changes


Recommended Posts

  • 1CGS
4 hours ago, Sybreed said:

About the AI improvements, I don't see anything mentioned, but have you fixed the issue where ground attack missions would have your AI squadmates focus heavily on AA units and dropping their bombs on them, only to have them do useless strafing runs on tanks afterwards? I made several reports on this and other players have as well. Friendly aircrafts seem to prioritize AA instead of the mission target. 

So programmed AI, to suppress anti-aircraft guns, another question is that they should do this from course weapons, and not with bombs, thank you for the answer and reminder of the problem.

1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

I noticed in the mission builder that it lists the FW 190 A6 and the FW 190 A6 C.  What is the C?

The same as the fw 190a 6) forgot to remove, thank you.

23 minutes ago, enyak said:

Curious, I want to say there is some kind of performance improvement in the update, noticably clouds cause less slowdown in VR. Am I imagining things?

Nothing has changed in the graphics and clouds, see the graphics settings in the game.

7 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

I don't mean to be negative but...have you guys looked into that new glitch that makes all planes exept yours invisible upon spawn and is only fixed by a restart?

What are the conditions for the occurrence of the bug? please write in the bugs and issues section.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, -DED-Rapidus said:
29 minutes ago, =FEW=Hauggy said:

I don't mean to be negative but...have you guys looked into that new glitch that makes all planes exept yours invisible upon spawn and is only fixed by a restart?

What are the conditions for the occurrence of the bug? please write in the bugs and issues section.

 

It's a bug that I've observed in MP only. In my experience the following happens:

 

1) join the server

2) choose an air-field and a plane (P38 was in my example)

3) press Start to spawn

4) at the spot of a spawn there are other players around your plane but you can't see their planes nor hear their planes.

5) other players/planes can see your plane at the spawn

 

it's a strange bug.

 

Edited by 30speed
  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

So programmed AI, to suppress anti-aircraft guns, another question is that they should do this from course weapons, and not with bombs, thank you for the answer and reminder of the problem.

Indeed, if there is a way to force the AI use guns on AA units, that would already be a huge improvement. They would have their bombs to drop on the "hard" targets. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 30speed said:

 

It's a bug that I've observed in MP only. In my experience the following happens:

 

1) join the server

2) choose an air-field and a plane (P38 was in my example)

3) press Start to spawn

4) at the spot of a spawn there are other players around your plane but you can't see their planes nor hear their planes.

5) other players/planes can see your plane at the spawn

 

it's a strange bug.

 

 

It's happened for quite a while, I've only seen it on Finnish so I'm assuming latency may have something to do with it.

 

2 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Is this observed on any one server or on all of them?

Personally I've only ever seen it on one, never had occur on combat box but their server is considerably closer. 

 

On Finnish it happens atleast once a week

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

"The Fw 190 A-6 was developed to address shortcomings found in previous "A" models when attacking U.S. heavy bombers. Modifications of the type to date had caused the weight of the aircraft to creep up. To combat this and to allow better weapons to be installed in the wings, a structurally redesigned lighter, stronger wing was introduced. The normal wing armament was increased to four 20 mm MG 151/20E wing root and outer wing cannon with larger ammunition boxes while retaining the two MG 17 fuselage machine guns. New electrical sockets and reinforced weapon mounts were fitted internally in the wings to allow the installation of either 20 mm or 30 mm (1.18 in) ammunition boxes as well as for underwing armament"   Wikipedia  , may be wrong

 

I downloaded the update as soon as I got home from wok and was really looking fwd to trying out the A6  against some bombers......   Now unless I'm missing something, I checked 3 times,  it appears there is no option for the twin mg151 gunpods that you can load on the A5, in addition, there is no  MK108 load.  SO  if this A6 was indeed developed with a lighter, stronger wing to carry heavier armament to more effectively deal with heavy bombers, then why do the variants we can get  have less capability in that area than the A5 ?      Seems to me  like in that regard we have a monstrous FAIL. 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JG1_Wittmann said:

downloaded the update as soon as I got home from wok and was really looking fwd to trying out the A6  against some bombers......   Now unless I'm missing something, I checked 3 times,  it appears there is no option for the twin mg151 gunpods that you can load on the A5, in addition, there is no  MK108 load.  SO  if this A6 was indeed developed with a lighter, stronger wing to carry heavier armament to more effectively deal with heavy bombers, then why do the variants we can get  have less capability in that area than the A5 ?      Seems to me  like in that regard we have a monstrous FAIL. 

 

No fail at all. The A-6/R2 with 2x MK 108 cannons was not serially produced, nor was the R1 model with twin MG 151/20 gunpods.

Edited by LukeFF
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JG1_Wittmann said:

I downloaded the update as soon as I got home from wok and was really looking fwd to trying out the A6  against some bombers......   Now unless I'm missing something, I checked 3 times,  it appears there is no option for the twin mg151 gunpods that you can load on the A5, in addition, there is no  MK108 load.  SO  if this A6 was indeed developed with a lighter, stronger wing to carry heavier armament to more effectively deal with heavy bombers, then why do the variants we can get  have less capability in that area than the A5 ?      Seems to me  like in that regard we have a monstrous FAIL. 

 

As already pointed out - neither the MK-108 or the gunpods were used on any serially produced A6 series aircraft, although the wing technically could carry them. The same wing was carried over to the A7-A9 and those used the MK-108. It is modeled to be historically correct.

 

And yes - the A-6 does hit harder than the A-5 when the typical 4-cannon loadout is selected because the MG/FF in the A-5 are replaced by the more powerful 20mm  MG/151. The A6 is all-around a more versatile aircraft than the A-5 - able to carry the larger bomb loads of the A/F8 and A/F9 series aircraft.

 

There is also a bit of confusion with the word "lightened". This does not mean that the wing was necessarily any lighter in weight on the A6 than it was on the A5 - what it means is the wing was engineered to be stronger, and carry more loadout options and higher ammo capacities, all without adding any weight to the aircraft.

 

Beautiful cockpits - and the sound of the BMW 801 idling in the A-6 makes me never want to turn the engine off:

 

1154432659_IL2BOS301.thumb.jpg.d01cd097e9e792a6dbced7e21892f3b4.jpg

 

605530144_IL2BOS302.thumb.jpg.6334e57a3f27ef4bb3f60c8a5dd056f4.jpg

Edited by CUJO_1970
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

So no field mod kits are allowed ?    This A6  is coming out in the  Normandy ?     And yes,  with AP ammo loaded the 4 mg151's  with higher mv is more powerful,   but losing  mv  and  loading mine rounds  the hit is not harder.  As it is now,   the A5  can carry the 2 twin 151 gunpods as well as the 2 inboards.   The A6  only has the 4 151's   when there were definitely kits that gave it the 2 gunpods, for 8 151's,  anti bomber,  or the addition of 2 30mm's .   Not having the choice of either does not make alot of sense  if you are looking for a anti-bomber role it makes more sense to take the A5  with the 6 20's.   That seems like a regression.  If your looking for some kind of jabo,  you have some choices, although not sure that they are actually any better at all than what is already available on the A5.  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Unfortunately no improvement in the ME stability in 4K 😪. Still crashing as usual if one works freely as it should be.

Let's hope we will get an improvement in  a future update 🙃

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Is this observed on any one server or on all of them?

 Finnish most often, but it's happened on other servers too.

 

It seems to happen VERY frequently; more for some than others.

 

 

15 hours ago, 40plus said:

 

 

I'm curious if such extra spectacular explosions will come with additional damage to nearby objects or if it's just a visual effect. I'm remembering the footage of a P-51 getting blown to bits by a ground ammunition explosion ignited by his following wingman's shots..

 

 

Yes- they are not purely visual.  I was doing a quick mission with the new Fw190 A6, and came across a truck convoy just as they started before they could all get on the road and spread out.  There were 3 trucks, one AA gun.  I shot the middle fuel truck and all 4 vehicles were exploding milliseconds later.  It was a crazy explosion and my entire plane was shaking like crazy (but no damage to me)

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1CGS
22 minutes ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

my G2 vr center will not work its like theres a limitation settings is on but Its off.

Please write about the problem in the section for testers, preferably with an accompanying video.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Is this observed on any one server or on all of them?

Hi Rapidus, I also encountered this bug frequently on finnish (most times when the server itself was half full or close to be on the limit), but it also appeard on other servers for me. I try to record a track next time it happens to me.

3 hours ago, JG1_Wittmann said:

So no field mod kits are allowed ?    This A6  is coming out in the  Normandy ?     And yes,  with AP ammo loaded the 4 mg151's  with higher mv is more powerful,   but losing  mv  and  loading mine rounds  the hit is not harder.  As it is now,   the A5  can carry the 2 twin 151 gunpods as well as the 2 inboards.   The A6  only has the 4 151's   when there were definitely kits that gave it the 2 gunpods, for 8 151's,  anti bomber,  or the addition of 2 30mm's .   Not having the choice of either does not make alot of sense  if you are looking for a anti-bomber role it makes more sense to take the A5  with the 6 20's.   That seems like a regression.  If your looking for some kind of jabo,  you have some choices, although not sure that they are actually any better at all than what is already available on the A5.  

As it was just explained a few posts above by LukeFF and CUJO_1970, the MG 151 gunpods weren't used in serial production. There were some orders in the beginning and some kits assembled but later the RLM canceled the order and only very low numbers arrived (if at all) the frontline. Besides the point that I'm pretty sure that the outboard gun's needed to be removed on the A6 as well for the WB 151, which would bring this also to just six guns and not eight. I can live without the gunpods and take happily the Sturmjäger with the blinders instead. The story of the 30mm guns is kind of similar to the story of the WB 151. In late 1943 was one A6 tested with them and that's it, no pre production or test group. The first 190 that would recieve them is the A7. So in general are the A6 modifications fine and definetly an improvement in comparison to the A5. And especially the G3 variant gifted us another really capable Jabo-variant.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, -DED-Rapidus said:

Please write about the problem in the section for testers, preferably with an accompanying video.

fixed, it was a Steam-works redistribute update and had to redo the boundary on the WMR.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Had an absolute blast flying last night, really great work with this update. Attacking targets defended by aaa is now at least 7 more scary and immersive with the new self destruction ammo effects. Its a real credit to the team that every update has at least one thing that makes me say 'Holy sh*t that's cool!' out loud! 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Player_28404 said:

I just didn't understand about 5he tatical codes

 

They aren't ready yet - that was just a progress report you saw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, 71st_AH_Mastiff said:

fixed, it was a Steam-works redistribute update and had to redo the boundary on the WMR.

 

not sure if in your case it was similar, here's a weird WMR bug I noticed on my side:

  1. turn on the pc
  2. physically move the G2 headset during the Windows boot
  3. log in to Windows and observe the WMR as already running (auto sensing launch). The mouse will be locked you must press Win+Y to get it back.
  4. launch Steam
  5. launch "WMR for Steam" app. Because WMR is already running Steam will launch SteamVR only
  6. run IL2
  7. get in to any plane
  8. the headset will have 0 room to move around the cockpit, i.e. it'll be 'centered' inside the cockpit but you won't be able to lean towards the instrument panel or the canopy

 

So, as long as I shut down WMR prior to getting in to Steam and launching it via "WMR for Steam" everything works fine. Or if you don't touch the headset during Windows boot the WMR won't auto launch on login.  I guess WMR can't resolve some dependencies if it's launched as a standalone.

 

Edited by 30speed
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CUJO_1970 said:

There is also a bit of confusion with the word "lightened". This does not mean that the wing was necessarily any lighter in weight on the A6 than it was on the A5 - what it means is the wing was engineered to be stronger, and carry more loadout options and higher ammo capacities, all without adding any weight to the aircraft.

 

There was a discussion about that matter some months back - taken from cutaways, the new wing has one rib less than the old one.

That opens up the "taktisches Loch" to put in more versatile weapon options or even additional gas (which unfortunately was never carried out).

 

The projected D-13 versions were to put more gas in the wing, so the idea was taken up later again. It never materialised, though...

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 30speed said:
  • turn on the pc
  • physically move the G2 headset during the Windows boot
  • log in to Windows and observe the WMR as already running (auto sensing launch). The mouse will be locked you must press Win+Y to get it back.
  • launch Steam
  • launch "WMR for Steam" app. Because WMR is already running Steam will launch SteamVR only
  • run IL2
  • get in to any plane
  • the headset will have 0 room to move around the cockpit, i.e. it'll be 'centered' inside the cockpit but you won't be able to lean towards the instrument panel or the canopy

 

I believe this is a WMR problem as it happens with other games also. It can be solved by shutting down WMR and starting it up again. Doing the 'floor fix' also sometimes corrects it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

The A6 is an A5 with A8 wings, so while A5 skins fit and work, there will be some very large discrepancies around the outer wing cannon ports.  A8 skins will look even worse with the different cowl layout.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 30speed said:

 

not sure if in your case it was similar, here's a weird WMR bug I noticed on my side:

  1. turn on the pc
  2. physically move the G2 headset during the Windows boot
  3. log in to Windows and observe the WMR as already running (auto sensing launch). The mouse will be locked you must press Win+Y to get it back.
  4. launch Steam
  5. launch "WMR for Steam" app. Because WMR is already running Steam will launch SteamVR only
  6. run IL2
  7. get in to any plane
  8. the headset will have 0 room to move around the cockpit, i.e. it'll be 'centered' inside the cockpit but you won't be able to lean towards the instrument panel or the canopy

 

So, as long as I shut down WMR prior to getting in to Steam and launching it via "WMR for Steam" everything works fine. Or if you don't touch the headset during Windows boot the WMR won't auto launch on login.  I guess WMR can't resolve some dependencies if it's launched as a standalone.

 

I use that new tool put out by someone on redit, and I turned off some regedit and seems to keep that from happening.

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...