Game version 4.506 discussion: Fw 190 A-6; Bf 109 E-7 in 4K, other changes

4. There are new truck variations (which look exactly like the regular ones) that are loaded with ammo and explode when attacked in a spectacular way;

I'm curious if such extra spectacular explosions will come with additional damage to nearby objects or if it's just a visual effect. I'm remembering the footage of a P-51 getting blown to bits by a ground ammunition explosion ignited by his following wingman's shots..

Edited by 40plus
16 minutes ago, PatrickAWlson said:

You do have that right.  You do not have a right to drop whatever you want wherever you want and not be challenged. 

Speaking of bugs that I hoped to see corrected in a speaking topic of an update however not seemed totally inappropiate but I'm not sure you can understand this when I see the examples you used to make the first remark to me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

13. German gyro gunsight Ez.42 damping corrected, higher frequency oscillations of the aircraft affect the calculated lead less;

Looking forward to give it a try now - I used to shoot much worse with the EZ42 compared to Revi...

Cool update! some quite interesting visual changes and goodies to be trying out as well as the Fw 190 A-6 itself.

Had to take a quick and sneaky look through the A-6 load-outs and specs in IL-2, even though my work is... continuing *nods head* .. in spirit.

Really like some of the paint schemes - especially Nowotny's and there's quite a myriad of modifications and combo's you can do - looks like it will be quite versatile.

Also - I couldn't help but notice that if you really want to get every inch of performance/agility out of it, you can just remove those outer MG 151's and keep the wings light... which is a nice option if you want it as a pure fighter and just benefit from the lighter wing design.

Anyway cheers, looking forward to trying it out!

• Like 2

Just done my first flight in the A6 ...the glug glug glug of the enigne at my parking position😍...there are so much "tiny little things" .... they all come togehter to shape this awesome experience and it goes on to the future.:fly:

Thanks to this great Dev Team

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Nice update!!

This one in particular is great, since it's sometimes hard to tell from the pilot's perspective:

9. On all aircraft with set mixture control positions the current position is shown in the technochat instead of the mixture percentage

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

Looked up and saw FW190 A-6/  Wondered when that happened then realized "12 minutes ago"

Thanks team

Something like this!

So pleased to see Oyster Kai's work incorporated and excited to check out the new 'splosions and the A6.  Ty for this unexpected update today!

With the mixture settings, some people didn't love the mixture info,

Is it possible to have an option to choose to see the percentage still? 

Personally I like the new system for the aircraft that have it. 

Edited by Denum
  • Confused 1

About the AI improvements, I don't see anything mentioned, but have you fixed the issue where ground attack missions would have your AI squadmates focus heavily on AA units and dropping their bombs on them, only to have them do useless strafing runs on tanks afterwards? I made several reports on this and other players have as well. Friendly aircrafts seem to prioritize AA instead of the mission target. 

Thanks. Great update. a New plane (number 51) and that mixture lever change was small but pleasant suprise..no need to remember was it in this plane 50, 66 or 75 or 80%..

and ah that A-6 is my favorite Fw 190 😀.

JLean 

Thank you very much for the update!

BTW have you done anything to the idle sound of the FW190? Because it sounds so different (better) to me now. Or maybe transition from Windows 7 to 10 has done something to my soundcard.

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, LLv24_Sukka24 said:

Thank you very much for the update!

BTW have you done anything to the idle sound of the FW190? Because it sounds so different (better) to me now. Or maybe transition from Windows 7 to 10 has done something to my soundcard.

I got the same feeling....sounds gorgeous

• Like 1

Glad to add it to BoBP Campaigns but have my fingers crossed that mission lengths might be shorter...

I have almost stopped my German pilots careers and taken up knitting because of the long wait times...sigh...

fingers.jpg

52 minutes ago, Hajo_Garlic said:

Anyone who was able to hop in the a6, what kinda mods do we get? 
similar to the a8? 

Rockets, bombs, assault fighter armor, removal of outboard MG 151/20s, two different G-3 mods

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1
2 hours ago, Mtnbiker1998 said:

What aircraft still need to be updated to 4k textures? Nice to see the E7 finally joining the club

Going off memory, the Hs 129 and the Ju 88, at the least. 

I applaud furiously to the decision to upgrade all  the explosions effects which will greatly improve the visual immersion.

I would say it was a long way and we asked it since a long time. But finally there are resources for it so here it is and the first new effects seem up to the expectation.

Please continue the excellent job.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 3
  • 1CGS
7 hours ago, silvergun said:

Thanks for the update

...however the Bf 109 G-6 Late graphical bugs have not been adressed, namely: the radiator interior is transparent on both sides, and two instruments do not have any kind of glass reflections.

@silvergun, with the exception of the radiator, all other errors in the cockpits are scheduled, thank you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • 1CGS
6 hours ago, No_Face said:

Nothing about the tank turret which turns on its own when changing position.

Nothing about the default locking gun.

Too bad, maybe next time.

The principle of operation of the tower stopper has changed, even in the previous update. What was meant by that?

6 hours ago, jollyjack said:

And (don't mention the war), but is the ME finally crash free in 4.506 ???

In 4k resolution?