Drop tanks yes or not ?  

3 members have voted

1. 1. What about Drop Tanks ?

• Yes!
    • No
    • We don't need it at all

This poll is closed to new votes

Jade_Monkey

It's already planned, but no clear ETA. They first thought it could arrive with BOBP, but it looks like other things took priority.

I am looking forward to it, especially once the channel map is here 🗺️

• Upvote 1

CSW_606_Temp

Battle of Normandy without jettisons will be unplayable for crossing chanel. So I hope in Drop tanks in BoN.

76IAP-Black

The fuel system needs to be adjusted for droptanks. It also affects Wright and Balance of the planes

• 3 weeks later...
Mysticpuma

This was from the original IL2 when it was modded to include tumbling drop tanks. 

This would be cool to see, drop tanks tumbling and unspent fuel leaking out as they fall away. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

SYN_Vander
48 minutes ago, Mysticpuma said:

This was from the original IL2 when it was modded to include tumbling drop tanks. 

This would be cool to see, drop tanks tumbling and unspent fuel leaking out as they fall away. 

Was just reading how during the Falkands war, the British pilots would see drop tanks falling but thinking it was a missile being launched, because of the vapor trail.

• Like 1

Ok they are historically accurate, but who really need those in the game?

Those are needed on +1 hour mission and will result of  decrease in performance due its mountings. 

How many users there would be?

Let the team focus on something that increase the joy of game play....like torpedoes or new planes/tanks or new maps.

:salute:

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, JLean said:

Those are needed on +1 hour mission and will result of  decrease in performance due its mountings. 

Look at some of the distances on the Rhineland map, to say nothing of cross-Channel missions that'll come with Normandy. They will be very, very useful. 

• Upvote 5

Avimimus
9 hours ago, JLean said:

I'd want the option for missions that include air-start with close to full fuel... (because I flew from an off-map base). Does this give me an advantage? No. Is it realistic? Yes.

On 2/20/2021 at 3:51 AM, CSW_606_Temp said:

Battle of Normandy without jettisons will be unplayable for crossing chanel. So I hope in Drop tanks in BoN.

That is actually a good point - it does increase the likelihood that the fuel rework will take place in the foreseeable future. Those poor Spits after-all!

That said, it wouldn't be completely unplayable - I believe most of the Spitfires in Operation Jubilee had yet to receive drop-tanks? It certainly limited their effectiveness in the 'great trap for the Luftwaffe' but it didn't prevent them from being over France in force.

CSW_606_Temp

Look ať map. Normandy Is far then Diepe and Dunkirk. BF can't go to to London efectively And Is this +- same distance to the Beach.

Jade_Monkey
On 3/7/2021 at 2:04 PM, JLean said:

Although we don't have specifics of what or how they are going to implement it, the drop tanks feature would come with a rework of fuel management systems. They did say it would be simplified but I think it would add immersion even without droptanks if we have the option to manage fuel tanks and weight distribution.