A couple of questions:

If i close my account do i lose all my purchases ?

Can i still play online through my Steam account  which is merged ?

Edited by adler_1
  • Confused 1

Suggestion: Stop visiting these forums. Logoff, and do not logon again.

Keep that up, and you are no longer here. It will be the same as if you've deleted your account. And that's what counts, doesn't it? And no worries about your purchases! You can even still visit the store, and buy some more!

Before your final logoff, check if you need to switch off some email notifications first... otherwise you might get lured back in here! :)

Edited by DD_FT-
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Guest deleted@210880

I deleted my account as I'd had enough of varous things and it was actually a very cathartic process; it can clear your head out and give you back time to do other things that may not bring you down.

After some time I then bought back in with the full knowledge of what was on offer but with lesser expectations from myself. Providing you can take the financial hit (which if you wait for a sale isn't much at all these days) there's no harm at all. And I think it helped me clear out the expectations I had going back to 2013(?) (which had become toxic) and be more pragmatic in approach to what is present (i.e I pretty much don't do any SP any more).

So yeah, do it. Burn it down.

(Then buy in again later)

On 2/17/2021 at 7:47 AM, YoYo*22 said:

I deleted my account as I'd had enough of varous things and it was actually a very cathartic process; it can clear your head out and give you back time to do other things that may not bring you down.

After some time I then bought back in with the full knowledge of what was on offer but with lesser expectations from myself. Providing you can take the financial hit (which if you wait for a sale isn't much at all these days) there's no harm at all. And I think it helped me clear out the expectations I had going back to 2013(?) (which had become toxic) and be more pragmatic in approach to what is present (i.e I pretty much don't do any SP any more).

So yeah, do it. Burn it down.

(Then buy in again later)

Or, you know... just walk away without deleting it and come back when you are ready.

• Upvote 2
Guest deleted@210880
9 hours ago, Jade_Monkey said:

Or, you know... just walk away without deleting it and come back when you are ready.

People have different mental situations and needs. What works for one, doesn't for another.

I believe forums, and games (especially online ones) have addicitive qualities; some people can give up smokng with no help, others need medication, some can quit whilst there is a packet in the house, others have to bin them all, going cold turkey or reducing etc. etc.