Because if I did I would use British names and someone would come  along complaining about excluding the Quebecois.  

Really the units are an attempt to represent 2 TAF with a good mix of available planes.  I did not make an attempt to include or exclude specific commonwealth nations. 

But you have the "Free French" service, can't you mix French and English names for a Canadian service? I have no clue how your programming works so pardon my ignorance lol.

But it's ok I'll just pretend to be a Canadian who joined a RAF squadron :) 

5 hours ago, Jeffon said:

But you have the "Free French" service, can't you mix French and English names for a Canadian service? I have no clue how your programming works so pardon my ignorance lol.

But it's ok I'll just pretend to be a Canadian who joined a RAF squadron :) 

This is a file for a canadian taste as far as my scandinavian brain have researched :) gonna make some pilots with english first names and french surnames :)

copy it to: your drive\1C Game Studios\IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles\PWCGBoS\BoSData\Names and overwrite, remember it has to be done for every update i think, hope it helps :)

LastNamesBritain.txt

• Thanks 1
On 2/11/2021 at 12:00 AM, PatrickAWlson said:

I added RCAF as a service and 403 as the lone RCAF squadron flying spitfires.  Will be available next release.

Many thanks Patrick!

if you need info on RCAF let me know, as I'm studying it for the past 25 years (1939 to 1946).

Regarding the last name if that can help, there was little French Canadians compare to English speaker because of the conscript crisis and the fact that until 1944 the whole Dominion of Canada was on a voluntary basis for the recruiting.

1 hour ago, NO.20_Loops said:

if you need info on RCAF let me know, as I'm studying it for the past 25 years (1939 to 1946).

Regarding the last name if that can help, there was little French Canadians compare to English speaker because of the conscript crisis and the fact that until 1944 the whole Dominion of Canada was on a voluntary basis for the recruiting.

I give 1 in 10 a French name.  

• Like 2