P 51 G suit use date in the sim?

Specifically, September 2nd and later, AND it has to be a US plane (set in the mission editor).  An RAF Mustang won't get a G-suit no matter what date you set it to.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3
7 hours ago, VBF-12_KW said:

Specifically, September 2nd and later, AND it has to be a US plane (set in the mission editor).  An RAF Mustang won't get a G-suit no matter what date you set it to.

And how about other planes like P47?  

26 minutes ago, Dutch2 said:

And how about other planes like P47?  

Same thing - American fighter with US pilot, 2 September 1944 or later. 

EDIT: from the looks of it, only the D-28 receives a G-suit, not the D-22 model.

Edited by LukeFF
  • Upvote 2
10 hours ago, VBF-12_KW said:

An RAF Mustang won't get a G-suit no matter what date you set it to.

And we don't want em old chap... far to uncomfortable and they just don't look right with our Battle Dress jackets!

• Like 3
  • Haha 5
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 2:20 AM, VBF-12_KW said:

AND it has to be a US plane (set in the mission editor).

Do you mean the base airspawn logo must have american markings ?

(I don't see how to set an american plane in the mission editor another way)

When you add aircraft to an airfield in the Full Mission Editor there is a properties box where you set various parameters, number available, on parking, on runway, etc...  there is also a selection of it's country, which is a small drop box with a list of countries available to choose from.  Simply select "United States"  Be aware if you delect "Great Britain" for the P51 you will not have the G suit available even if the date of the mission is correct.

7 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

When you add aircraft to an airfield in the Full Mission Editor there is a properties box where you set various parameters, number available, on parking, on runway, etc...  there is also a selection of it's country, which is a small drop box with a list of countries available to choose from.  Simply select "United States"  Be aware if you delect "Great Britain" for the P51 you will not have the G suit available even if the date of the mission is correct.

The only dropbox with list of countries i find is in the airfield advanced one...

Edited by StaB/Tomio_VR***
On 2/16/2021 at 5:56 AM, StaB/Tomio_VR*** said:

Do you mean the base airspawn logo must have american markings ?

(I don't see how to set an american plane in the mission editor another way)

So... in MP if the icon doesn’t have American markings but rather Russian, no G suit for 51 and 47?

case in point, Australia’s Unprofessional Server has all allied airbases as Russian.... so no G suits?

Interesting. 

24 minutes ago, AH_Hollywood said:

So... in MP if the icon doesn’t have American markings but rather Russian, no G suit for 51 and 47?

case in point, Australia’s Unprofessional Server has all allied airbases as Russian.... so no G suits?

Interesting. 

Yes.  

• Upvote 1

The way the availability of G-suite is implemented right now is in my opinion very confusing. I think it would be a lot more clear to players if the G-suite was simply just a modification that they could choose while setting up their airplane. This way mission designers could choose whether the player should have G-suit available by simply locking the modification.

I created a thread in the Suggestion forum about this, so if you feel the same way, maybe add a comment there and/or upvote it.

• Upvote 2