Jump to content

Patrol mission without enemies


Recommended Posts

Yes it can.

Should not happen as often as it used to though, Pat made some nice improvements in this regard.

If you start to get the repetitively go and check the enemy units, if they are all showing in red or not there, may need to take a few days leave to allow them to replenish.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes enemy aircraft can be depleted.  I added an emergency resupply function to restock squadrons if the normal algorithm was resupplying too slowly.

1. Check to see if enemy formations are depleted.

<Your Campaign>->Intelligence->Intelligence Report

If lots of squadrons are red then they are in need of men or equipment.

 

2. use Emergency Resupply

<Your Campaign>->Intelligence->Emergency Resupply

Will restock squadrons immediately outside of the normal resupply chain

 

As others have pointed out it is entirely possible to fly a mission without contact.  Enemy flights in PWCG move.  Your flight is also moving.  If you never cross paths then there will be no enemy flights spawned.

Edited by PatrickAWlson
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/2/2021 at 2:48 PM, PatrickAWlson said:

Sometimes enemy aircraft can be depleted.  I added an emergency resupply function to restock squadrons if the normal algorithm was resupplying too slowly.

1. Check to see if enemy formations are depleted.

<Your Campaign>->Intelligence->Intelligence Report

If lots of squadrons are red then they are in need of men or equipment.

 

2. use Emergency Resupply

<Your Campaign>->Intelligence->Emergency Resupply

Will restock squadrons immediately outside of the normal resupply chain

 

As others have pointed out it is entirely possible to fly a mission without contact.  Enemy flights in PWCG move.  Your flight is also moving.  If you never cross paths then there will be no enemy flights spawned.

With the above setup I got a substantial improvement in CPU load.  In your opinion, can it be done even better?

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Startrek66 said:

With the above setup I got a substantial improvement in CPU load.  In your opinion, can it be done even better?

 

So hard to tell.  Everybody's system is different and 1C is making changes to the game that impact performance as well. 

 

For me, I am more focused on how much content I can get in on my system rather than how much performance I can get out of it.  I trying to add as much content while remaining playable.  Once I pass the point of playable I scale back.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

 

So hard to tell.  Everybody's system is different and 1C is making changes to the game that impact performance as well. 

 

For me, I am more focused on how much content I can get in on my system rather than how much performance I can get out of it.  I trying to add as much content while remaining playable.  Once I pass the point of playable I scale back.  

This is a solution that I share. It would be interesting to know in order of importance which are the parameters of your mission generator that load the CPU

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Startrek66 said:

This is a solution that I share. It would be interesting to know in order of importance which are the parameters of your mission generator that load the CPU

 

The most critical aspect for CPU usage is number of airplanes in the air and what kind of airplanes are they.  So in simple configs air activity is #1.  CPU allowance is #2.

Link to post
Share on other sites

just noticed, your 'Size in km of Mission Box' is 200km which is quite large, and you only have one flight per side. If you want a higher chance of contact per flight, lower the box size to perhaps 50km - or less if you still aren't getting contact.  The box is where the action is centralized. Also, probably keep 'distance from enemy/player' to half of the mission box size.

Edited by PWNKsktcBTY
clarification
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PWNKsktcBTY said:

just noticed, your 'Size in km of Mission Box' is 200km which is quite large, and you only have one flight per side. If you want a higher chance of contact per flight, lower the box size to perhaps 50km - or less if you still aren't getting contact.  The box is where the action is centralized. Also, probably keep 'distance from enemy/player' to half of the mission box size.

You are absolutely right.  I hadn't noticed this. I must have inadvertently changed the value. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...