Engine performance

Some realistic engine performance would be nice. Since I fly in VR, I don't have a stop watch to tell me when your timebomb is going to go off and seize the engine. What I do have is gauges. And the engine in the P-40 is modeled like trash. Perhaps consult some aircraft mechanics on how the engines really perform and act.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 5
8 hours ago, 336thTheAngryGamer said:

Some realistic engine performance would be nice. Since I fly in VR, I don't have a stop watch to tell me when your timebomb is going to go off and seize the engine. What I do have is gauges. And the engine in the P-40 is modeled like trash. Perhaps consult some aircraft mechanics on how the engines really perform and act.

Lets just look on G forces in game, player gets visual indication (greyout blackout redout....) player gets audible indication, AND on top of all that new HUD indicator that works to show exact G force that no ww2 pilot knew.

And for engine timers player gets nothing, exept broken techchat message that dosent work (should be eseyest thing to fix before doing anything els), but gets punished extremly if timers run out, unlike in real WW2 airplane. If engines just stop working for WW2 pilots if some imaginery time run out or imaginery recharg time didnt charged your airplane, real WW2 airplanes would have visual and audible warning to pilots build in in cockpits, like some had warnings that their flaps our down to sone and so on, but timers that would prevent pilot to come back didnt have any cockpit warnings lol, maybe because they were not time bombs like in game. So in game to give us warnings about them timers is bare minimum to aks.

Edited by CountZero
  • Haha 1
15 hours ago, 336thTheAngryGamer said:

I don't have a stop watch to tell me when your timebomb is going to go off and seize the engine. What I do have is gauges...

And a clock.  Check the time when you engage whatever and add however minutes you need to.  

Or take the easy option and rant like an idiot.  Either works but one way might help you.

von Tom

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1
On 2/3/2021 at 10:38 PM, von_Tom said:

And a clock.  Check the time when you engage whatever and add however minutes you need to.  

Or take the easy option and rant like an idiot.  Either works but one way might help you.

von Tom

Exactly, I remember reading dozens of pilots memories where they mentioned how they started their stopwatchs when they had to put the throttle forward in the middle of a combat. They have the rest of the engine gauges just as atrezzo because they only needed a stopwatch to look after the engine.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
1 hour ago, Dakpilot said:

Why did Luftwaffe pilots paint  their own time limits on their guages then? 

Cheers, Dakpilot 

Because they knew how much more rewarding of a build their plane gets for plastic modellers decades later. And Vallejo would be able to sell „Dashbard Marking White“.

• Haha 3
6 hours ago, Dakpilot said:

Why did Luftwaffe pilots paint  their own time limits on their guages then? 

In game they were removed some time ago from the engine gauges of the 110 E2, as they were not showing the correct limits anyway. You still can see the signs, but without colour as it was at the beginning.

Posted this before somewhere, i would think that sea pilots would have to have correct info about when and how long they can use their max boost as if they lose their single engine over sea they cant just simply crash land and walk to near franch maid and wait for next extraction ala alo alo. And in video engine representative say that when asked by pilots about time limits he said to them do not get bather with them use them as long you can depending on your fuel amount or temps not what it says in any manuals, No counting secounds or minutes is neccesary. So if engines would blow up after 5-7,5min i would guess he would not lie to them they dont have to worry about time limits.

But if game wonts to use this strick system, and go by them manuals, and invent recharge times based on nothing, its not mutch to ask from game that decided to use this time system where your engines will be done if you pass limits, to atleast give player info about that system, and fix messages that exist in game to help with. For hard core pros there is technochat off option so they dont have to look at thouse messages and do their larping of harder is always realistic (even though is not), for rest how hard it is to just fix thouse messages so they show up when technochat is on option that is used on most servers.

Edited by CountZero
  • Upvote 6