6 hours ago, LukeFF said:

No plans have been announced for anything new for TC at this time.

Mein Gott...

I hope they poor a lotta love into Tanks... It's the only reason I reinstalled this game...

Achtung Panzer! Wo bist du?!!!

• Like 1

The "King Tiger" is not really needed though is it.  The current Tiger is already like using a god mode hack.  You rumble onto the field, nothing can hurt you, and you methodically eliminate all your opposition.  It's quite boring really.

Edited by BlitzPig_EL
1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

The "King Tiger" is not really needed though is it.  The current Tiger is already like using a god mode hack.  You rumble onto the field, nothing can hurt you, and you methodically eliminate all your opposition.  It quite boring really.

Yeah, but it just looks the coolest. Every kid wants one because it is Badass!:)

S!Blade<><

• Upvote 1
2 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

The "King Tiger" is not really needed though is it.  The current Tiger is already like using a god mode hack.  You rumble onto the field, nothing can hurt you, and you methodically eliminate all your opposition.  It quite boring really.

Rumble onto the field? Check. Methodically eliminate all opposition? Sometimes. Nothing can hurt you? Can't say that's been my experience TBH.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2
5 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

The "King Tiger" is not really needed though is it.  The current Tiger is already like using a god mode hack.  You rumble onto the field, nothing can hurt you, and you methodically eliminate all your opposition.  It's quite boring really.

That simply is not true, and you know it. Tiger is tough as it was irl but far from indestructible.

And with that Logic spit xiv or yak 3 is not needed. There is already planes just as good available. 

I personally would love to have Tiger 2 in game, not so much because it's performance but for the best VR ww2 tank experience available. It's never been done before at this level with beautifully detailed interiors etc.

• Upvote 2

I'd be OK with a King Tiger if we had an M4E8, Firefly, or Pershing available, or even a Hellcat or IS.  But a King Tiger, Tiger 1, and a Ferdinand?

Nope.

Just nope.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Nope.

Correct, only way they would add king tiger it wouldnt be for kursk battle but tank crew expansion where its based on late war battle and then you have JS-2 and other late war allied tanks.
Seeing a king tiger in a 1943 setting is just fantasy.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

I'd be OK with a King Tiger if we had an M4E8, Firefly, or Pershing available, or even a Hellcat or IS.  But a King Tiger, Tiger 1, and a Ferdinand?

Nope.

Just nope.

Obviously i wish other late tanks too with late war scenarios. Otherwise it would make no sense.

Nope.

Just nope.

You can just be sure of one thing. If there is ever a TC2 with the King Tiger, then the Firefly, Wolverine, Pershing, Hellcat, T-34/85, IS2 will have real chance to come with it.

Edited by CCG_Pips
15 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Nope.

Just nope.

Ok, well if we have to have all these damn tanks just to get a King Tiger,.........well,... I guess that would be ok, but no more. You're getting a little greedy there fella!:acute:

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Haha 1

I also decided to buy TC, because I believe that, as with the aircraft, new models will always appear here at TC via DLC. I hope I wasn't wrong.

Ulli

• Upvote 1

OT.... I just wanted to say thank you to CCG_Pips x for the skins you have created and shared with the Community. I really like the way you make whole Sections, Staffels and tank platoons. I really wish more people did this. It is really nice to open the ME and insert all the skins in the Section, Staffel or Platoon, and using your skins really ups the immersion.  I checked out the link in your Sig, and I had not seen a lot of the aircraft that you have skinned so far. I really like using your winter Sherman skins, they are just awesome. I hope you will consider creating more TC skins for the tanks and assault guns that do not have many skins now. The Ferdinand is one TC assault gun that has just a handful as of now. I am very appreciative of what you have created so far.:clapping::pioneer::good:

Cheers,

S!Blade<><

• Like 1
2 hours ago, DB605 said:

It's elegant monster, instead of that old soap box design of a Tiger 1 ;) To be honest i like them both very much. 

I also like them both, but the Tiger is like a Dodge Power Wagon and the King Tiger is like an overgrown Porsche Cayenne. I envision the King Tiger carrying a small refrigerator in the hull, a fully stock mini wet bar in the turret and a pop up shower which is erected on the rear deck. Sort of like,.....one of the first RVs, yea, like an RV prototype, with a BIG ASS GUN of course. I am pretty sure the Death RV in Spies Like Us was loosely based off of this vision of the King Tiger. :rofl:

S!Blade<><

Edited by BladeMeister
  • Haha 3

Dear Comrades,

If you could choose a collector tank per army or maybe two, one early/mid and other late war, which ones would you choose?

My picks are:

Germany: Stug III/IV y Königstiger

Soviet Union: KV2 or T34/85 and IS2

USA: Lee and Pershing

Great Britain: Cronwell and Churchill.

Edited by =gRiJ=Roman-
  • Upvote 1

Germany: Stug, PZKW 2, Jagdpanther.

USSR: T34/85, T70 , IS2

USA: M3/M5 Stuart, Sherman Easy8, Pershing.

Great Britain: Matilda, Sherman Firefly, Churchill.

Hello,

Germany: Tiger I mid or late, Panther A or G, Jagdpanther G1 or G2 and Königstiger - Porsche version

Great Britain: Sherman Firefly, Cronwell and Churchill

Good luck

Guenther

2 hours ago, =gRiJ=Roman- said:

Dear Comrades,

If you could choose a collector tank per army or maybe two, one early/mid and other late war, which ones would you choose?

My picks are:

Germany: Stug III/IV y Königstiger

Great Britain: Cronwell and Churchill.

1 hour ago, Koenigstiger said:

Hello,

Germany: Tiger I mid or late, Panther A or G, Jagdpanther G1 or G2 and Königstiger - Porsche version

Great Britain: Sherman Firefly, Cronwell and Churchill

Good luck

Guenther

Wouldn't frown at any of these as collector vehicle additions, and the list could go on to include the PanzerJager I, the JagTiger, or anything in-between on the German side. The same routine could be applied to the other nations, but I would also add French tanks. The Char B/abies, Somua, and the Renault R35 would make excellent additions.

++ for the JagdPanther, T70, PzII.

12 minutes ago, No_Face said:

I'll never understand why you always want collector vehicles. 🤔

I prefer to see them in a TC 2.

I don't think anyone making a wish list of collector vehicles would mind if they showed up in a TC2, its just that most of us realize even if a TC2 does materialize, it likely wont be for a very long while from now. Other then that, I believe collector vehicles would be a way to increase interest, drive growth, and help ensure that a TC2 will eventually make it.

Edited by LachenKrieg
  • Upvote 1

Add please:

Pz. II, Т-26 обр. 1933/1939 
Pz. 38(t),  Pz. 35(t), БТ-5/7

Pz. III (early) , Т-28

Pz. IV(early) Т-34(early)

StuG III(early), KV-1/KV-2

Sd.Kfz 222, БА-10

Т-35, ГАЗ-ААА ЗПУ М4 максим, 2-cm Flak 38 auf Panzer I A, Sd.Kfz 232.

Скрытый текст

8E433E6B-F0FB-4A28-A3AF-E23E3B422033.jpeg

6B9E1B96-A261-4352-BD4C-763BBB8578A3.jpeg

61BD1F0E-D40A-43DC-AD00-05DE6C88569F.jpeg

7BF9FF9A-C037-4460-B568-B00412AFDF66.jpeg

4F152044-9FE1-44E6-8F36-E74CC2CBCC1A.jpeg

3F99F15E-E1DC-4D9F-9CC0-543167B9C82D.jpeg

D235076C-C616-42B6-A4AF-A59BA8666F3F.jpeg

7B24F427-D719-4C53-873C-950810A1A43D.jpeg

276335E3-7EE5-48F4-8022-FEB6FE7B1AC4.jpeg

6992E8FC-2C67-428C-896C-024DA30A4390.jpeg

322C4568-89C3-4211-94C4-EBFCAB41E7E4.jpeg

8AB1227F-FF6B-4FFD-9296-096DE9CF12A8.jpeg

D32A4813-AA3C-4160-9137-EAC63210D705.jpeg

5B1F9A6B-738E-4075-BD71-A213B6B75391.jpeg

E40E37DB-381D-4DD8-A71F-E77B8C2C67C4.jpeg

F6D2E7E6-6057-432C-98B2-65F0C79A8EF5.jpeg

F45DC6E3-7262-4F79-88C6-2E181A5EB8E0.jpeg

CE3D088A-B69A-405D-9D96-D429C075F975.jpeg

Edited by =13NVO=Eeafanas
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, 11thPanzer_Pete said:

Oh man, a Seelow Heights battle map/mission would let the big dogs out.  IS2, Jagdpanther, Tiger 2.

Seelow heights would be great. I lived there. Would be no fun for russian tanks. Region was set under water and there is not a single cover about 15km for any attacker.

16 hours ago, No_Face said:

I'll never understand why you always want collector vehicles. 🤔

I prefer to see them in a TC 2.

DLC tanks are easier to make then a whole new map. The company earns more money with it. Plus we dont have to wait for more tanks to come. 

6 hours ago, JG27_Steini said:

DLC tanks are easier to make then a whole new map. The company earns more money with it. Plus we dont have to wait for more tanks to come. 

It is especially much more expensive. If you want to give money to developers as perhaps they accept donations.

By following this logic of wanting collector vehicles at all costs, TC would not cost  70€ but 200€ or more. (if we start on a basis of 20€ per vehicle (and that's not counting the price of the map).

I don't know what the criteria are for a vehicle to be a collector. For example, the Ju-52 has different gameplay from other planes (since it is not made to fight, it is a transport aircraft).

The Po-2 has clearly inferior performance to other aircraft.

AA vehicles are neither tanks nor planes. They therefore offer another gameplay.

I understand that these vehicles are collectors. They offer something different from the base game and are not necessary for fun. It is really a plus to please the players.

But there are other vehicles that are collectors vehicles without me really knowing why. Sometimes they're even common planes 🙁

And in the list of desired collector vehicles, there are common and emblematic vehicles. (Like the Stug for example) so by asking for it to be a collector, you are "forcing" players to pay dearly for ONLY ONE vehicle that many players want to use since it should be "the base"(it's as if in an FPS you ask that the M16 or the AK-47 be a collector's weapon).

Saying "a tank is faster to build than a new module" means "I'm on a whim, I want my toy right away", ok but you are not alone, for the community to play together you need things in common and that takes time. For example, I only play the Axis, but if it weren't for the allies in front, what would my game look like?

I am not against collector vehicles, I have someone but I would like to understand how and why they are chosen. On the other hand, I am not in favor of a collector vehicle being a normally common vehicle (like the JU-87 for example).

38 minutes ago, No_Face said:

It is especially much more expensive. If you want to give money to developers as perhaps they accept donations.

By following this logic of wanting collector vehicles at all costs, TC would not cost  70€ but 200€ or more. (if we start on a basis of 20€ per vehicle (and that's not counting the price of the map).

I don't know what the criteria are for a vehicle to be a collector. For example, the Ju-52 has different gameplay from other planes (since it is not made to fight, it is a transport aircraft).

The Po-2 has clearly inferior performance to other aircraft.

AA vehicles are neither tanks nor planes. They therefore offer another gameplay.

I understand that these vehicles are collectors. They offer something different from the base game and are not necessary for fun. It is really a plus to please the players.

But there are other vehicles that are collectors vehicles without me really knowing why. Sometimes they're even common planes 🙁

And in the list of desired collector vehicles, there are common and emblematic vehicles. (Like the Stug for example) so by asking for it to be a collector, you are "forcing" players to pay dearly for ONLY ONE vehicle that many players want to use since it should be "the base"(it's as if in an FPS you ask that the M16 or the AK-47 be a collector's weapon).

Saying "a tank is faster to build than a new module" means "I'm on a whim, I want my toy right away", ok but you are not alone, for the community to play together you need things in common and that takes time. For example, I only play the Axis, but if it weren't for the allies in front, what would my game look like?

I am not against collector vehicles, I have someone but I would like to understand how and why they are chosen. On the other hand, I am not in favor of a collector vehicle being a normally common vehicle (like the JU-87 for example).

I think it really just revolves around their business model to create another revenue stream. Take the Fw190 as the example, numerous variations of that plane were produced, so there is plenty of room to have period correct versions included with each of the historical Great Battle Series maps with their career mode, as well as a few unique versions released as collector planes.

So they could easily release one of the many StuG variation as a collector vehicle, and then have another version of it included with TC2 later on.

I have only one rule or wish rather for any collector tanks added: tank crew is set in july 1943 in the kursk battle so if more tanks get released then they should be limited to this time period, else it will ruin the immersion if we have char b1 or js-2 driving around facing tanks it wouldnt in reality, and this is a sim afterall.

A stug III early g would fit fine in that regard. 

Also another reason I love tank crew so much is they dont hide behind in attempting to balance the game and tc is the only game where you can actually use a ferdinand properly as its super easy to kill in wot or warthunder, making the point of using it and the advantages it had like its 200mm armour pointless.

• Upvote 3
27 minutes ago, SCG_judgedeath3 said:

I have only one rule or wish rather for any collector tanks added: tank crew is set in july 1943 in the kursk battle so if more tanks get released then they should be limited to this time period, else it will ruin the immersion if we have char b1 or js-2 driving around facing tanks it wouldnt in reality, and this is a sim afterall.

A stug III early g would fit fine in that regard. 

Also another reason I love tank crew so much is they dont hide behind in attempting to balance the game and tc is the only game where you can actually use a ferdinand properly as its super easy to kill in wot or warthunder, making the point of using it and the advantages it had like its 200mm armour pointless.

And yet, the in-game 122 can knock a Ferdinand out with one shot multiple times in a row from 1400m.

A lot of times I do missions and see completely unrealistic ballistic/damage models. Like how does a Panther have trouble knocking out a Sherman with a side shot <500m away? I think the game acts different depending on whether you are against an AI, or a real player, but even still, there is room for improvement.

Regarding collector vehicles, I agree, if they release anything meant to compliment the battles around Kursk, then it should be limited to what was available there at that time.

But you might be missing a small point as the collector vehicles do not have to be expressly for TC CAP. In fact if you read the collector plane/vehicle description on the IL2 website, they are not attached to a specific map, but can be played on any of the GBS maps.

So Once the Normandy map is released for example, it would be fair to say that any of the tanks that were there would be fair game in terms of collector vehicles IMO. It's up to you to decide what map you want to use it on. And it would be up to the MP server host to decide what vehicles to allow.

Back when Normandy was announced many if not all of the aircraft that were included were requested (several often) by the community as seperate collector vehicles.

In the past it was mentioned by someone of the team an entire release was more profitable to make compared to releasing seperate collector vehicles.

Jason (Lead Producer of IL-2) mentioned within 1 week pre-orders for Normandy were outpacing the pre-orders for Bodenplatte so it showed it was successful.

Releasing collector vehicles outside of the current available maps don't make much sence, IL-2 is being known as an simulator and for releasing Great Battles products with historical vehicles and an historical map.

Tanks like the IS-2/T34-85 have no historical map so it would only made sence these would be included in an eastern front 1944/1945 package.

If this would not be an issue we might have had aircraft like the A6M2/F4F-4/Yak-3 already.

Tanks like the Tiger II have several other issues, for example for an historical map you need to buy the Normandy or Bodenplatte module which outside of sales is going to cost 80/90 Dollars.

You only get aircraft for this package so no extra playable ground vehicles.

These maps were designed for aircombat so the quality of the map is less compared to Prokhorovka (no detailed destructable houses/less detailed terrain/missing villages-important places of conflict/enz)

You don't have much in terms of accurate opposition with tanks, for example for an Tiger II we only have an early version of the M4A2 and the ai M4A3.

We don't know what additional ground vehicles/static defences we will get with Normandy but considering with Bodenplatte we got 13 of which 2 were tanks and with Normandy we will also get ships I don't expect much.

An Tank Crew 2 (or Tank Crew Batte of ***) could combine many popular requested tanks together in 1 package, 2 examples which both have an basic map already (Less costs/time making tank map):

Tank Crew Battle of Bulge could combine M4A3E8 (Easy Eight)/M4A3E2 (Jumbo)/M36/M18/Firefly IC/Tiger IIH/Stug IIIG Late/Panther G Early/Jagdpanther G1/Hetzer

Tank Crew Normandy could combine Tiger E Late or Tiger IIP/Marder IIIM/Panther A/Stug IV/PzIVH/Firefly VC/M4A1 76W/M10/Cromwell IV/Churchill IV or VII

Collector vehicles for Kursk 1943 are still possible and plenty of choice, for example Churchill III/Su76M/T70/M3 Lee/Marder II/Nashorn/Brummbar/Wespe/Stug IIIG early/enz

• Upvote 3
1 hour ago, ww2fighter20 said:

Back when Normandy was announced many if not all of the aircraft that were included were requested (several often) by the community as seperate collector vehicles.

In the past it was mentioned by someone of the team an entire release was more profitable to make compared to releasing seperate collector vehicles.

Jason (Lead Producer of IL-2) mentioned within 1 week pre-orders for Normandy were outpacing the pre-orders for Bodenplatte so it showed it was successful.

Releasing collector vehicles outside of the current available maps don't make much sence, IL-2 is being known as an simulator and for releasing Great Battles products with historical vehicles and an historical map.

Tanks like the IS-2/T34-85 have no historical map so it would only made sence these would be included in an eastern front 1944/1945 package.

If this would not be an issue we might have had aircraft like the A6M2/F4F-4/Yak-3 already.

Tanks like the Tiger II have several other issues, for example for an historical map you need to buy the Normandy or Bodenplatte module which outside of sales is going to cost 80/90 Dollars.

You only get aircraft for this package so no extra playable ground vehicles.

These maps were designed for aircombat so the quality of the map is less compared to Prokhorovka (no detailed destructable houses/less detailed terrain/missing villages-important places of conflict/enz)

You don't have much in terms of accurate opposition with tanks, for example for an Tiger II we only have an early version of the M4A2 and the ai M4A3.

We don't know what additional ground vehicles/static defences we will get with Normandy but considering with Bodenplatte we got 13 of which 2 were tanks and with Normandy we will also get ships but I don't expect much.

An Tank Crew 2 (or Tank Crew Batte of ***) could combine many popular requested tanks together in 1 package, 2 examples which both have an basic map already (Less costs/time making tank map):

Tank Crew Battle of Bulge could combine M4A3E8 (Easy Eight)/M4A3E2 (Jumbo)/M36/M18/Firefly IC/Tiger IIH/Stug IIIG Late/Panther G Early/Jagdpanther G1/Hetzer

Tank Crew Normandy could combine Tiger E Late or Tiger IIP/Marder IIIM/Panther A/Stug IV/PzIVH/Firefly VC/M4A1 76W/M10/Cromwell IV/Churchill IV or VII

Collector vehicles for Kursk 1943 are still possible and plenty of choice, for example Churchill III/Su76M/T70/M3 Lee/Marder II/Nashorn/Brummbar/Wespe/Stug IIIG early/enz

What doesn't make sense is the bold text above, because I don't think anyone is requesting that collector vehicles be released outside of the available maps.

If we take the coming BON as the example, then as a collector plane, the Arado Ar 234 jet bomber had its first flight a year before the allied invasion of Normandy. In the exact same way, the Panther G was produced in March 1944, and was present when the allied landings took place. So as a simulator, there is nothing unrealistic about a Panther G driving around on the coming Normandy map. And like the current collector vehicles already announced, it makes more sense if collector vehicles are announced in opposing pairs. So if they were to add a Panther G, I am guessing that they would want to find a suitable vehicle to counter it with on the opposing side. But as a player, I am sure the Dev's wont mind if you take your jet bomber and fly it on the BOS map. 

The German flak gun/truck that is on its way was not only used on the Eastern front, and it is not being sold as an add-on to Tank Crew, so I don't see the isolated connection you are making with the detailed map of Prokhorovka. Both of the collector vehicles announced can be used on any of the GBS maps. In fact, you don't even need Tank Crew to use them.

I like your selection of additions for a possible TC2

Edited by LachenKrieg
  • Upvote 1