1 hour ago, Jaegermeister said:

Could  be, I never said I called. I just like the picture. Or maybe it was just convenient at the time. 

I better shut up before we get in trouble for spamming with OT drivel. 

I really like the new lettering, that will make the default skins much more appropriate. It will be cool to incorporate that into some offline campaigns and missions, don't you think?  

back on topic:  that is a game changer for me and PWCG.  I can make a generic squadron skin and assign a lettering making each plane unique, plus appropriate rank markings for German units.  All the while I can keep and assign unique skins for variety.  Looking forward to it.

That’s exactly what I was thinking. 1 custom skin with squadron markings and then just assign different letters.

Now we need to discuss nose art. What about pictures of good looking babes with no clothes on? Vargas girls and such.... I’ll start working on a gimp mock-up now.

😎

8 hours ago, PatrickAWlson said:

back on topic:  that is a game changer for me and PWCG.  I can make a generic squadron skin and assign a lettering making each plane unique, plus appropriate rank markings for German units.  All the while I can keep and assign unique skins for variety.  Looking forward to it.

This will be huge for you aye, i'm kind of salivating over the possibilities to group flying if i'm honest, everyone wearing a generic custom skin with their own factual lettering setup.
I just hope we can get nose art and personalisation art included too.

On 1/30/2021 at 5:47 AM, Jaegermeister said:

I believe the OP was trying to express intertest in something more like this...

Cockpit.png.b6ac5633898567927bd7819ba148dd6d.png

I thought we were flying in a cockpit and not in front of a post-it board were you have the pictures of your last holiday, the list of what you have to buy at the grocery store when you land and go back home, your next appointment with your dentist etc.. 😄

Edited by IckyATLAS
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

I'm still looking for where to put the cork board and push pins. I'm thinking lower left panel. I don't really need a clock, or brake pressure indicator, or whatever those other dials and stuff are...

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

The women had more class back then.

Here is my cockpit photo that is in most of my aircraft in the sim.

Not to split hairs, but society in general had more class. At least superficially.

This was an era in which men routinely wore three-piece suits and hats even in July, without air conditioning. Now that's dedication to classiness.

4 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Not to mention much harsher societal consequences for pushing boundaries or exercising free expression 😮

• Upvote 1
14 hours ago, BlitzPig_EL said:

Here is my cockpit photo that is in most of my aircraft in the sim.

FQLj5B.jpg

pretty chicks are a machist thing now its short hair and glasses

• Confused 1

My dudes, the classy lady look is a combination of the time's makeup and hair techniques and the 'softness' of a lot of era film and photography. It technically requires no personal virtue.

With an old camera/photoshop skill and enough youtube makeup tutorials, you could make your own custom classy lady photograph for every occasion!

6 hours ago, Deacon352nd said:

How did you get multiple pictures on the dash?  

LOL... Gimp

5 hours ago, [-=BP=-]Slegawsky_VR said:

Lovely to see you all participating in the discussion!

Heck yeah, who knew it would go on for multiple pages?

You forgot option 3 above in your poll. "I want multiple pictures on my plane dashboard. I don't need those silly instruments." 

• Haha 2