How to take over enemy tank spawn

Hello All,

I recently purchase the tank portion and am enjoying it. 
Over the weekend, I was in the Unprofessional server and a group of German tank drivers took over my forward tank spawn. 

I know that taking over airbases can be either Paratroopers or landing a certain number of planes at the base but I have no clue how to take over an enemy tank spawn.  

Can anyone shed some light on this?

thx 

Wood

6 hours ago, AH_Hollywood said:

Hello All,

I recently purchase the tank portion and am enjoying it. 
Over the weekend, I was in the Unprofessional server and a group of German tank drivers took over my forward tank spawn. 

I know that taking over airbases can be either Paratroopers or landing a certain number of planes at the base but I have no clue how to take over an enemy tank spawn.  

Can anyone shed some light on this?

thx 

Wood

You need to tell on which server you were gaming. I dont know a server where taking over a spawn point during a mission is possible. It is only possible to move the front by destroying targets. After mission reloading both side get new bases. 

37 minutes ago, JG27_Steini said:

You need to tell on which server you were gaming. I dont know a server where taking over a spawn point during a mission is possible. It is only possible to move the front by destroying targets. After mission reloading both side get new bases. 

He said in his post that it was "The Unprofessionals" server.

My suggestion would be to post this in the official thread for that server - 

1 minute ago, SCG_FeuerFliegen said:

He said in his post that it was "The Unprofessionals" server.

Great name for a server, i read unprofessional server 😄

1 minute ago, SCG_FeuerFliegen said:

In principle, it suffices to position yourself near the flag and wait for it to descend. (Maybe you have to turn off the engine, I don't remember anymore but I think you shouldn't move anyway)

I was recently given some mission building code by @JimTM that enabled a spawn point to be deactivated. So perhaps what you are seeing is in fact not your spawn point being taken over but when enemy tanks enter a zone around spawn point, a trigger is fired to deactivate the spawn point and activate their own in the same location (one on top of the other). This would appear to the player that it has been "taken over". Clever use of the technology.

I wanted to use it for hiding respawn points in my dog fight map which has long journeys and action points so that they only appeared when a player had reached a certain point on the map so as not to give away where the conflict points were going to be.

Good intel Friar,

I did reach out to admin (DeadMeat) at Unprofessionals... 

He informed me that simply pulling up to the flag and then wait... this will switch the tank spawn to the other side.

No need to destroy all items, and no need to turn off engine.

I need to test this tonight.. but sounds like it should work

Edited by AH_Hollywood