Jump to content

How to take over enemy tank spawn


Recommended Posts

Hello All,

 

I recently purchase the tank portion and am enjoying it. 
Over the weekend, I was in the Unprofessional server and a group of German tank drivers took over my forward tank spawn. 
 

I know that taking over airbases can be either Paratroopers or landing a certain number of planes at the base but I have no clue how to take over an enemy tank spawn.  
 

Can anyone shed some light on this?

 

thx 

 

Wood

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, AH_Hollywood said:

Hello All,

 

I recently purchase the tank portion and am enjoying it. 
Over the weekend, I was in the Unprofessional server and a group of German tank drivers took over my forward tank spawn. 
 

I know that taking over airbases can be either Paratroopers or landing a certain number of planes at the base but I have no clue how to take over an enemy tank spawn.  
 

Can anyone shed some light on this?

 

thx 

 

Wood

 

You need to tell on which server you were gaming. I dont know a server where taking over a spawn point during a mission is possible. It is only possible to move the front by destroying targets. After mission reloading both side get new bases. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, JG27_Steini said:

 

You need to tell on which server you were gaming. I dont know a server where taking over a spawn point during a mission is possible. It is only possible to move the front by destroying targets. After mission reloading both side get new bases. 

 

He said in his post that it was "The Unprofessionals" server.

 

 

My suggestion would be to post this in the official thread for that server - 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SCG_FeuerFliegen said:

 

He said in his post that it was "The Unprofessionals" server.

 

Great name for a server, i read unprofessional server 😄

 

1 minute ago, SCG_FeuerFliegen said:

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

In principle, it suffices to position yourself near the flag and wait for it to descend. (Maybe you have to turn off the engine, I don't remember anymore but I think you shouldn't move anyway)

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was recently given some mission building code by @JimTM that enabled a spawn point to be deactivated. So perhaps what you are seeing is in fact not your spawn point being taken over but when enemy tanks enter a zone around spawn point, a trigger is fired to deactivate the spawn point and activate their own in the same location (one on top of the other). This would appear to the player that it has been "taken over". Clever use of the technology.

 

I wanted to use it for hiding respawn points in my dog fight map which has long journeys and action points so that they only appeared when a player had reached a certain point on the map so as not to give away where the conflict points were going to be.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good intel Friar,

 

I did reach out to admin (DeadMeat) at Unprofessionals... 

He informed me that simply pulling up to the flag and then wait... this will switch the tank spawn to the other side.

 

No need to destroy all items, and no need to turn off engine.

I need to test this tonight.. but sounds like it should work

Edited by AH_Hollywood
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...