Bitching, moaning, and complaining aside. Me included.

Give a giant thank you to the developers of this series. Granted, it has issues here and there, but I've yet to come across a more dedicated group of people that listen to feedback, implement changes based upon it, and constantly improve their product solely for the sake of the community. You'd be hard pressed to find another developer this dedicated to their user-base as these guys are. If you think about it, we could be akin to that other sim where it takes near a decade just to implement dedicated servers...

I just felt it necessary to post a topic thanking these people for their unwavering support of the community and their dedication to always improve their titles. So, thank you.

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 22

Well said Sir!

I remember still the time in 2013 when I needed a upgraded version for IL-2 '46 and bought this title. I was very disappointed at the time. Flight models were weird and weapon modeling was poor. No mission builder. It did look good though, and damage modeling was promising. I re-visited this one once a year but let it rest every time.

Enter 2018 and BoK... Practically all big irritations I had, were solved y then. I was stunned how excellent it all felt. After a month I'd bought every single addon there was to be bought. I also started to convert all my buddies towards this title.

Since then I've been happy as a clam. And I've been constantly surprised by the small team and their ability and enthusiasm they have. Of course others too, but the most of all I've enjoyed how AnPetrovch drills into details and works things out to be even better, and especially opens his study to all of us. I've started to trust the whole franchise and decisions behind it when much because of these magnificent Dev Diaries.

So THANK YOU team! This title has been the the most important for me during last couple of years, and I can see that it becomes even more important in the future!

• Upvote 2

The whole problem is that most readers and 1C, think complaining or give samples like “ look at FS2020” , as an answer at the same level as “I hate BoX”.  But that is in 90% not he case, its more like “ we are so involved into BoX that we are worried .......“   

Then there is the culture difference and language problem, as here people who can not explain properly in English and readers who are not familiar with an direct approach as being a normal acceptable and efficient behavior in some cultures.  

Edited by Dutch2
  • Like 1
2 hours ago, Hanu said:

Well said Sir!

I remember still the time in 2013 when I needed a upgraded version for IL-2 '46 and bought this title. I was very disappointed at the time. Flight models were weird and weapon modeling was poor. No mission builder. It did look good though, and damage modeling was promising. I re-visited this one once a year but let it rest every time.

Enter 2018 and BoK... Practically all big irritations I had, were solved y then. [...]

Wish I could upvote your post more than once for what you just wrote right there.

What amazes me most about our favorite flight sim is, next to the transparency in communication from the devs, is how far the software has come since its' initial release.

Upon its' release it got mixed reviews by both critics and gamers, and rightfully so. It looked very good on the outside, but felt lackluster in so many ways. Missing features, little content and a few bad decisions (I'm looking at you, weapon unlock system) that simply kept the sim far from greatness.

But Jason and his team clearly showed that this is a labor of love. So much has changed and all for the better. Bad decisions were reverted, content was added and so many features and effects were added, even for those who never bought any additional content besides BoS. My personal favorites are the rain effect on the cannopies and the new fire and smoke effect (especially in cockpit view).

This sim has come a long way and luckily it looks like there is much more to come. The devs never fail to impress me and I'll keep voting with my wallet, even if the new content doesn't fit my personal taste at all, for I think that hard work and devotion need to be rewarded.

Edited by Fritz_X
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2