Hello there, trying the campaign generator for the first time.

Its installed in the IL2 folders, mission reports are activated.

Planes are selected, map and squadron are clear.

But im not able to start a mission:

1- im on the main screen of PWCG, and click on "mission"

2- then i again click on "mission"

3- i see the mission description, weather report, primary objective, assigned pilots.

4- then i click on "briefing map"? Where is the "next" button or the "ok" button?

5- then i click on the "waypoint editor"? (because scrub mission only brings me back and briefing description is where im coming from). For what are the all squadrons or no squadrons buttons?

6- then i see the waypoints list and click on "pilot selection"? (but they are already assigned since step 3)

7- then i click on "accept mission" --message "generating mission file" - then im suddenly back on the main screen.

and now?

I cant find the mission in the missions list in IL2. So how to start it? And how to report the results back?

1 hour ago, PaladinX said:

Hello there, trying the campaign generator for the first time.

A little more detailed explanation: PWCG is an external program.  The game has no idea it exists.  As far as the game is concerned, missions created by PWCG look just like missions made in the mission editor.  Therefore they are under the Missions section in a folder named PWCG.

Make sure that you have logging enabled.  That causes the game to produce log text files.  These are necessary for a combat report after you finish a mission.  

Hi Patrick, thank you, i am aware of that.

But the Folder with the Missions was not there yet.

So the workflow is:

Mission, Mission, Briefing Map, Waypoint Editor, Pilot Selection, Accept mission -- then fly the mission -- and finally Combat Report?

Is that right?

My proposal would be to add some simple "next" or "previous" buttons and follow this workflow more or less a little bit guided.

14 hours ago, PaladinX said:

Hi Patrick, thank you, i am aware of that.

But the Folder with the Missions was not there yet.

So the workflow is:

Mission, Mission, Briefing Map, Waypoint Editor, Pilot Selection, Accept mission -- then fly the mission -- and finally Combat Report?

Is that right?

My proposal would be to add some simple "next" or "previous" buttons and follow this workflow more or less a little bit guided.

That's right.  Good idea on next/back.  I put that in such that next step is labeled "Next:" and going in reverse is labeled "Back:".  Hopefully that will eliminate some confusion.

Now on to your problem.  Once you press "Accept Mission" the mission should be written.  Single player missions are written to \data\missions\PWCG.  You can use windows explorer to ensure that the mission file made it to that directory.  If the PWCG directory exists on the file system then it should be selectable from the game, even if it is empty.  If the directory is there and a mission file is there then the question is why is it not appearing in the game.  One possibility is that you do not own the player crewed plane.

Coop missions are written to a different directory (forgetting off the top of my head).