AI starting landing procedures in the middle of a dogfight

At this point its almost an exploit. When a fight happens near the airfield of AI planes, they will randomly start their landing procedures in the middle of the fight. I have seen it very often lately and thats very unfortunate because the dogfights where unfolding to become quite epic and all of a sudden half the enemy AI put their navigation lights on and started to make their approach for landing, in total denial of the fight still raging.

For instance yesterday I was flying my 190A5 and we destroyed a bridge near a russian airfield. Spits were patrolling near and Yak 1bs took off from this very airfield to attack us. We managed to destroy the ponton bridge then engaged russians. Quickly enough I realised we were in big trouble, outnumbered and these spits were good. I lost a guy and was damaged. Just when I told myself that I needed to flee I realised than half the spits and the yaks were beginning to land, undamaged, full fuel and ammo left obviously while vulnerable 190s were still around. So I ended up shooting down 4 tourists while managing to avoid the few remaining that were still fighting.

Its not an isolated case, it happens very often. Especially in my 262 career, we are overwhelmed by bloodthirsty tempests all the time but just when they have us cornered they hard reset and start landing. And I shoot them all down like sitting ducks.

Very annoying and it seems worst lately.

14 minutes ago, Q_Walker said:

Recording tracks when this happens and reporting it in the bug section is how these issues will be fixed. The devs are very responsive to bug reports.

First of all, I want to see if Im the only one dealing with this lately. Maybe I've just been unlucky I dont know. Then maybe we'll work on tracks if many people experienced it.

1 hour ago, I./JG52_Woutwocampe said:

First of all, I want to see if Im the only one dealing with this lately. Maybe I've just been unlucky I dont know. Then maybe we'll work on tracks if many people experienced it.

It's better to just post the track and/or mission files here and let the developers decide if something is amiss. If one person is seeing this issue, then others likely are also seeing it.

Edited by LukeFF
2 hours ago, I./JG52_Woutwocampe said:

I've seen that behavior. Had bandits chase me home and my flight mates in the traffic pattern ignore them. I've chased bandits back to their base and AI established in the pattern (lights on) ignored me.

• Upvote 1
26 minutes ago, busdriver said:

I've seen that behavior. Had bandits chase me home and my flight mates in the traffic pattern ignore them. I've chased bandits back to their base and AI established in the pattern (lights on) ignored me.

This is a tad different though. In these cases, the AI was already on its way to the airfield then got jumped but didnt fight back. In my case, they fight and all of a sudden they stop and commit assisted suicide. 

But both situations dont make sense. Unless you absolutely cannot fight back, you fight back.

Edited by I./JG52_Woutwocampe
5 hours ago, I./JG52_Woutwocampe said:

When a fight happens near the airfield of AI planes, they will randomly start their landing procedures in the middle of the fight

Lol that's hilarious. Didn't Jason hire a new AI guy?  Tough job.