Need help painting Pz.III M sideskirts

ThePutzmann

ThePutzmann

Just started working on a skin for the Panzer III M. I have just finished painting the sideskirts and installed them to have a look at the new paint job in game. The paint job doesn't appear on the sideskirts but only on the tank hull (Don't worry, I was smart enough to equip the side skirts). I have downloaded the Pz.III M template, opened the PzIII-M_Skirts file with GIMP and painted it. When I was done I saved it, flattened the image, added a layer mask etc. and copied the painted PzIII-M_Skirts file to the _PzIII-M skin folder. 

What have I done wrong?

Welcome :yahoo:

Can you give us the 2 skins to download .. then we can find the cause more easily

ThePutzmann

https://www.mediafire.com/file/bnz0y3dwd2yt4t2/PzIII-M_Skirts_painted_done.dds/file

Here's the painted PzIII-M Skirts_template @Tomi_099

I'm not sure what you mean with "Can you give us the 2 skins to download?" I have only painted the Sideskirts template, haven't touched the Pz.III M Body template yet.

Edited by ThePutzmann

That looks good ! ..I guess you swapped the names of the skins that's why the skirts are on your tank

Use your name as an example:

(Hull)

Pz.KpfwIII_W_&1.dds 

(Skirts)

Pz.KpfwIII_W_&1#1.dds  

These two names make a 1 tank with 1 skirts you also have to select this tank in the select menu.

2021-01-22 15_40_59-1544835781_Tanknamen.jpg.ab6c14f9da1aa26c7961d09074a6bc27.jpg (JPEG-Grafik, 1343.jpg

Edited by Tomi_099

ThePutzmann

You may have misunderstood me. I haven't accidentally swapped the hull with the side skirts because I haven't touched the hull template at all. The only thing I have done is open the PzIII-M_Skirts template, paint it, save it as a .dds file and copy and paste it in the _PanzerIII-M folder (1C Game Studios --> IL-2 Sturmovik Great Battles --> data --> graphics --> Skins --> _PzIII-M).

Here's how my folder currently looks.  

Bild_2021-01-22_160932.png

So if you stick to the name structure as shown above, nothing should be wrong ..

Please write down the size of the cover and the name of the skirts here :russian_ru:

Edited by Tomi_099

ThePutzmann
43 minutes ago, Tomi_099 said:

Please write down the size of the cover

What do you mean by that?

I have named the .dds file "PzKpfwIII_401_&1#1" and now the skin isn't even showing up in the game. 

You have official templates .. use this .. and rename them as described above :good:

Edited by Tomi_099

1 hour ago, ThePutzmann said:

What do you mean by that?

I have named the .dds file "PzKpfwIII_401_&1#1" and now the skin isn't even showing up in the game. 

Hull Skin

Pz.KpfwIII_401_&1.dds 

Skirts

Pz.KpfwIII_401_&1#1.dds

These two names make a 1 tank with 1 skirts you also have to select this tank in the select menu.

It is important that the names have a structure - otherwise the skirt cannot be assigned to the correct Tank (hull)

Edited by Tomi_099
  • Like 2

ThePutzmann

It worked!

Thank you for your advice and your patience :).

The problem was not that I named them incorrectly but that you have to copy and paste both the hull template and sideskirt template into the _PzIII-M folder, or else the skin just won't show up.

Edited by ThePutzmann
  • Like 1