Hello, I am a long time ROF fan and am learning FC. One thing I really wish I could have would be having the ability to choose a similar instrument view hud (dials) that the ROF hud had instead of the numeric one provided in FC. I find the ROF dial version far more useful as it shows the stalling speed of what I am flying, and it just looks more immersive than seeing  a black bar with numbers. I find that using the actual dials in the cockpit difficult to the point of being useless for me as I dont have head or eye tracking and the up switch on my pov hat is wonky so when I try to look down at my instrument panel,  I often get stuck looking down. That is way more immersion breaking than having a hud visible and if I have to have a hud visible, I would much prefer to use a dial styled hud like the ROF one had. Anything like that out there?

18 hours ago, spherehead said:

the up switch on my pov hat is wonky so when I try to look down at my instrument panel,  I often get stuck looking down.

Maybe you should use your mouse to control the views.

Nothing like that out there. RoF 2d gauges were trying to give player full information on state of the plane. BoX allows much more complex and varied WW2 planes which cannot be fully represented by 2d gauges anyway, so the gauges were simplified.

• 2 weeks later...

its nice to have the dial gauge HUD in ROF   until you actually NEED to have to use them. 

They are tiny, even on my 30" tv screen. 

they are hard to read,  seriously i can see the needle move, and tiny lines. ANd i can even see the little colored sections. But i can never remember what each color means..  

Perhaps i will find the digital display easier... I can put a sticky note on my desk that says rpm x-y good,  rpm z-aa danger zone, rpm aa+ LAWNDART

I use the tachometer quite a lot followed closely  by the airspeed indicator. I need to know my best-climb and best-turn speeds. With 2-seaters and bombers I also need to know my level-flight constant airspeed which keeps my eye on the dials all of the time. Let's have some dials.

Edited by Rail
typo
On 1/21/2021 at 9:55 AM, spherehead said:

I find that using the actual dials in the cockpit difficult to the point of being useless for me as I dont have head or eye tracking and the up switch on my pov hat is wonky so when I try to look down at my instrument panel,  I often get stuck looking down. 

A few days ago, GASCAN showed me where the zoom functions are for VR; all this time I've been flying without them.  

I assigned my short and long range zoom functions to the up and down buttons on my hatswitch.  Now, when I'm in cockpit view (F1) the zoom works well for distant targets plus now I can read my instruments (if I need to which ain't often in planes like these).  

But when I switch to F2 and try to zoom in on my own external cockpit view to take a vanity screen grab, it goes all "wonky" and presents views from different angles instead of zooming in.

I'm new at this but maybe if we assigned something other than the up-down buttons for zoom?  

I'll take a look into that when I can but the next time I boot up I've got to work on getting my JetPad working.  

But those here know more about this than I do so maybe we'll get an experienced answer to the problem of zooming wonkiness in FC1.  

Prosit!