Tacview – Understand what happened during your last flight!

BuzyBee
13 minutes ago, Kurtz28 said:

Have a bug, Though might be user error. When recording with IL2 Flying Circus planes all planes are colored green, no matter if the red/blue aircraft button is on or off. Though when I change to WW2 planes I have planes that are red and blue. Everything else functions correctly. Any help would be great.

Salute,

Kurtz

Can you share your ACMI file where all the planes are green? Maybe it is an issue with the coalitions. (Green=neutral?)

BuzyBee

Announcing Tacview's SUMMER SALE 2021: 40% off Tacview Standard and Advanced from June 24th to July 8th inclusive.

To upgrade your existing Standard license to Advanced, email us at support@tacview.net .

Happy flying!

https://tacview.net/purchase/

tacview-summer-sale-2021-en.png

102.R.dd_Blade18

Unfortunately still no feedback from the IL-2 programmers if they ever want to implement playback delay in IL-2 (as in DCS), to make TacView available for IL-2 servers without the ability of cheating through real time playback possibility... 😏

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
BuzyBee

Hi all,

I wrote 2 more Tacview add-ons for IL-2, IL-2 Off-Map Objects Corrector and IL-2 Color Assigner, in addition to the one I have already written, IL-2 Name Corrector.

All 3 add-ons are available natively in Tacview starting with the current beta version, Tacview 1.8.7 beta 7:

https://tacview.net/download/beta/

Go to Add-ons -> Enable/Disable Add-ons and select the one(s) you are interested in. Then the add-on will appear under the Add-ons menu. From there, you can indicate if you want the add-on to function automatically whenever an IL-2 flight is loaded, or if you prefer to run the add-on manually when needed.

IL-2 Name Corrector
In IL-2 the pilot name is appended to the aircraft name instead of being treated as its own piece of information.
This add-on parses out the pilot name so Tacview can use it.

IL-2 Off-Map Objects Corrector
In IL-2 sometimes objects spawn off the map before transporting to their proper position.
This add-on instructs Tacview to not display objects when they are found off-map.

IL-2 Color Assigner
When using Tacview's merge function on ACMI files where different users have chosen different colors, planes may change color mid-flight.
Also, in some cases all planes may be green.
This add-on will assign the color BLUE to any object with Coalition = Allies or Entente and RED to any object with Coalition = Axis or Central Powers.
As with all my add-ons, feel free to modify the script.

Let me know if you find any bugs - please include an ACMI file with any bug report.

Happy flying,

BuzyBee

Edited by BuzyBee
Formatting

• 1 month later...
brahguevara

I made a post in the server section of the forum

Regarding having server side only tac view 
So people can review after the mission has ended
I think it solves a lot of problems 

• 3 weeks later...
1PL-Husar-1Esk

Hi.

Yesterday I recorded some action during organized event, I upload the tracks you can see and analyze what is wrong and maybe came up with solution.

What I noticed so far:

Direction of plane motion is wrong - models fly sideways or backwards

Line of fire and plane fuselage position is not aligned properly, 

Suggestion:

The AAA bursts in midair are showing as big yellow spheres , IMO I would be better for scene clarity if they had different color (black) and disappear much faster. Maybe they could have similar to fireworks burst animation.

New EA FC Volume II planes do not have models yet (this is understood but for ww1 they should have default ww1 era plane model not the jet IMO )

S!

FC BS .7zip

I am having the same issue with planes flying in odd directions. They are not pointing the direction they are travelling and I don't know why. I understand that the new FC2 planes don't have models yet, and although it looks a bit funny, I can live with that. I'm sure the models will be made soon enough. I would really like to make sure that all the planes are facing the correct direction, though. Here is a screenshot I took of some fighting yesterday from the same event as Husar. Any tips on how to fix this? Currently running version 1.8.6 without any beta versions.

Winkleman F-5.jpg

On 9/5/2021 at 6:50 AM, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Hi.

Yesterday I recorded some action during organized event, I upload the tracks you can see and analyze what is wrong and maybe came up with solution.

What I noticed so far:

Line of fire and plane fuselage position is not aligned properly, 

Suggestion:

The AAA bursts in midair are showing as big yellow spheres , IMO I would be better for scene clarity if they had different color (black) and disappear much faster. Maybe they could have similar to fireworks burst animation.

New EA FC Volume II planes do not have models yet (this is understood but for ww1 they should have default ww1 era plane model not the jet IMO )

S!

FC BS .7zip 4.88 MB · 2 downloads

3 hours ago, gascan said:

I am having the same issue with planes flying in odd directions. They are not pointing the direction they are travelling and I don't know why. I understand that the new FC2 planes don't have models yet, and although it looks a bit funny, I can live with that. I'm sure the models will be made soon enough. I would really like to make sure that all the planes are facing the correct direction, though. Here is a screenshot I took of some fighting yesterday from the same event as Husar. Any tips on how to fix this? Currently running version 1.8.6 without any beta versions.

Hi, thanks for this information. I see the same problem with the aircraft's orientation when I open the ACMI on my end. I should have a chance to look into it properly tomorrow. 

• Thanks 2

Thanks, BuzyBee. One more question. What would it take to get the Arras map working? Much easier to analyze tactics for the campaign if I can tell where everyone is on the map.

On 9/5/2021 at 6:50 AM, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

What I noticed so far:

Line of fire and plane fuselage position is not aligned properly

Suggestion:

On 9/6/2021 at 11:09 AM, gascan said:

Looks like IL-2 has reversed the roll and yaw in the Arras map only. We are reaching out to them now. 

For the models, can you please tell me exactly which aircraft you would like to see fixed and provide a corresponding ACMI file? It is appreciated. 

For the explosions, best I can do is try to make an add-on that will make them disappear faster.  

On 9/6/2021 at 3:04 PM, gascan said:

Thanks, BuzyBee. One more question. What would it take to get the Arras map working? Much easier to analyze tactics for the campaign if I can tell where everyone is on the map.

Arras map is included in the current beta: https://tacview.net/download/beta/ 

SeaSerpent
On 9/6/2021 at 9:09 AM, gascan said:

Winkleman F-5.jpg

I have to admit that the thought of slashing through these guys in a Tiger II put a smile on face, however fleeting.

Direct message has been sent with link to acmi file. I have upgraded to 1.8.7 Beta 12, before I was using 1.8.6. The Arras map is now visible and should be very useful. Unfortunately, the coordinates seem to have been messed up! I have planes from the Entente side taking off and meeting up to the east over German lines and then heading west to attack German planes over British positions! North-south appears correct, but east-west appears to be flipped. The other issue with the planes not facing the right way is still present, as is a player flying an F-5 when he should be in a Pfalz D.XII (two other players were correctly labeled as Pfalz D.XII, so I don't know why Herr Winklemann was given such an extraordinary flying machine). Other than that, it looks great.

An Entente formation forms up then crosses the front lines heading... west?

1440853526_TacviewBug01.thumb.jpg.2a7e492a6b28f3c12ed940488443cd5e.jpg

Planes still face the wrong way and J5_Winklemann_VR is in a F-5 instead of a new Pfalz.

223775483_TacviewBug03.thumb.jpg.4eb57abebf1a486bba980f181b9398fc.jpg

Edited by gascan

1PL-Husar-1Esk

@BuzyBee, after what gascan send to you , do you still need assistance from me (files with new planes without proper models in TacView) ?

1PL-Husar-1Esk

Thanks you for yours work in making TacView more  FC friendly.

Nieuport 28 are displayed as Po2.

image.png.ef25cd4d89be71a3dac27bbcd72fb52b.png

BTW it would be nice if we could change size of the hit yellow oval  - is to big for small machine bullets hit, for rocket impact it ok. 

You hardly see who was hit especially in ww1 where all fight are so close and you can shoot someone and get also hits from behind and those big bubbles merge together and make scene unreadable.

image.png.31c90f0e9b2af56ddfd19bc2df7ce0f4.png 

Edited by 1PL-Husar-1Esk

On 9/8/2021 at 4:21 AM, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

@BuzyBee, after what gascan send to you , do you still need assistance from me (files with new planes without proper models in TacView) ?

In terms of new planes without proper models, gascan sent me what I need to add Pfalz D.XII . I would be happy to receive any further specific aircraft to be fixed along with a corresponding ACMI file.

On 9/8/2021 at 12:03 AM, gascan said:

Direct message has been sent with link to acmi file. I have upgraded to 1.8.7 Beta 12, before I was using 1.8.6. The Arras map is now visible and should be very useful. Unfortunately, the coordinates seem to have been messed up! I have planes from the Entente side taking off and meeting up to the east over German lines and then heading west to attack German planes over British positions! North-south appears correct, but east-west appears to be flipped. The other issue with the planes not facing the right way is still present, as is a player flying an F-5 when he should be in a Pfalz D.XII (two other players were correctly labeled as Pfalz D.XII, so I don't know why Herr Winklemann was given such an extraordinary flying machine). Other than that, it looks great.

An Entente formation forms up then crosses the front lines heading... west?

Planes still face the wrong way and J5_Winklemann_VR is in a F-5 instead of a new Pfalz.

Thanks for that ACMI file - we now believe that all the problems are being caused by East-West coordinates being reversed. We are in touch with IL-2 developers.

I will add the Pfalz D.XII to the database and make it display as some more appropriate model for now, and I will attempt to add a Pfalz D.XII model in the future.

Edited by BuzyBee
Formatting

On 9/8/2021 at 7:36 AM, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

BTW it would be nice if we could change size of the hit yellow oval  - is to big for small machine bullets hit, for rocket impact it ok. 

You hardly see who was hit especially in ww1 where all fight are so close and you can shoot someone and get also hits from behind and those big bubbles merge together and make scene unreadable.

I can't change the size or colour - this is the decided-upon way that Tacview displays an explosion across all simulated and real-life scenarios - but I think I can make an add-on that will make them disappear faster - would that help?

1PL-Husar-1Esk
58 minutes ago, BuzyBee said:

I can't change the size or colour - this is the decided-upon way that Tacview displays an explosion across all simulated and real-life scenarios - but I think I can make an add-on that will make them disappear faster - would that help?

Thanks, I think it's worth to try it could make things more clear for ww2 era fighting. Pity that add-on  can't change size but time should be enough. 

brahguevara

The Finish server is the most active multiplayer server currently.
We would really like server side only tacview.
Thank you.

On 9/10/2021 at 3:42 PM, gascan said:

Is there an add-on that can correct the x-y-z coordinates and yaw-pitch-roll?

I am told that this will be fixed in an upcoming patch from IL-2. If it's not fixed then, I will see what I can do on my end.

There's two tracks I already have that I would like to see corrected, if you're able to. If it's too much work, then don't worry about it. I'm happy we found the problem and it'll be fixed in the future.

• 2 weeks later...
102.R.dd_Blade18

Hay BuzyBee !

Some months ago I inquired you about the IL-2 devs "willingness" to program the review delay (as DCS has it already), so that servers can offer TacView recording for users without cheaters being able to view it in real time and cheat on that God's eye feature. (Now as I know it, some servers offer it, some don't, due to lack of this anti-cheat measure).

Did you receive maybe any feedback about it from the devs, or is it a lost cause? Thanks

On 9/24/2021 at 6:17 AM, 102.R.dd_Blade18 said:

Hay BuzyBee !

Some months ago I inquired you about the IL-2 devs "willingness" to program the review delay (as DCS has it already), so that servers can offer TacView recording for users without cheaters being able to view it in real time and cheat on that God's eye feature. (Now as I know it, some servers offer it, some don't, due to lack of this anti-cheat measure).

Did you receive maybe any feedback about it from the devs, or is it a lost cause? Thanks

Hi,

To be honest I did not reach out to them again in the past few months because they have made it very clear in the slightly more distant past that they are not interested in any such feature, and I respect their decision, although it pains me that some users do want this and it's not available. I appreciate the work that the IL-2 developers have done and continue to do to allow and support Tacview recordings from IL-2.

On 9/25/2021 at 7:51 PM, gascan said:

I can confirm that the coordinate issue is fixed with the new patch. Everything is looking good except for the Entente formation, which is spread out too much...

Thanks for confirming this for me! I will look into the Entente formation being spread out too much. 

Edited by BuzyBee

On 9/9/2021 at 12:54 PM, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

Thanks, I think it's worth to try it could make things more clear for ww2 era fighting. Pity that add-on  can't change size but time should be enough. 

Hi, I have written an add-on to make the explosions disappear faster. Would you be able to share a recording with lots of explosions that I can test it out on?

EDIT: Never mind, I found one you already shared with me!

Edited by BuzyBee
  • Thanks 1

On 9/8/2021 at 7:36 AM, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

I am attaching an add-on. Un-zip it and place the entire folder in your %PROGRAMDATA%/Tacview/AddOns/ folder and re-launch Tacview.

Go to Add-ons -> Enable/Disable Add-ons -> il2-explosions-corrector to enable the add-on,

then to Add-Ons -> IL-2 Explosions Corrector -> Correct Explosions Now to correct the explosions in the currently loaded ACMI file

Toggle Automatically Correct Explosions to trigger this for every ACMI file loaded.

Look in the file main.lua for a constant EXPLOSION_LIFETIME which is currently set to 0.1 (seconds). Change it to whatever you like.

Let me know of any issues!

il2-explosions-corrector.zip

• Thanks 1

On 9/13/2021 at 10:24 PM, gascan said:

There's two tracks I already have that I would like to see corrected, if you're able to. If it's too much work, then don't worry about it. I'm happy we found the problem and it'll be fixed in the future.

Please try running this add-on on your files and let me know how it goes.

Un-zip it and place the entire folder in your %PROGRAMDATA%/Tacview/AddOns/ folder and re-launch Tacview.

Go to Add-ons -> Enable/Disable Add-ons -> il-2-arras-map-coordinates-corrector to enable the add-on,

then to Add-Ons -> IL-2 Arras Map Coordinates Corrector -> Correct Coordinates Now to correct the coordinates in the currently loaded ACMI file

il2-arras-map-coordinates-corrector.zip

• Thanks 1

I gave the coordinate corrector a shot, and it works great! Attached is a screenshot from the corrected track of Black September Week 2 as the Entente sends a big wing across the front lines to perform two photo recon missions (my brother Kotori and I are the two recon planes). This is the moment when the Central starts their diving attack with a force of 8 Fokker D7F's way up high. Two Halberstadt CL.II's are below the formation, ready to pounce on any aircraft dropping out of the formation. What followed was a massive dogfight, without a doubt the most memorable moment in all my time flying IL2 and FC.

11 hours ago, BuzyBee said:

Thanks for confirming this for me! I will look into the Entente formation being spread out too much. 

This was a facetious comment on our sloppy formation, not a comment on a bug or program issue. Compare to week 2 and you'll really see a difference. We got spread out too much and the formation was less effective than it was in previous weeks.

Week 2 Tacview 2.jpg