Controls modelled after Steel Beast Pro PE?

Love the DLC...

Tank Crew is my new favourite game...

Reminds me of the feelings I got way back when I was playing Panzer Elite... Then I did real Tankie stuff for a while, and now after so many years away from wagons I was gagging to get back into something... So thank you...

Just an idea... Steel Beast Pro PE simply has the best controls I've ever used in 20+ years of gaming... You can raise your commanders stance quickly with Q and lower with Z in your cupola, you can set your speed and forget it with W (3 different clicks for different speeds), and you can mouse click your management and formations, and you can layout complex waypoints via the map... All of this to minimize keyboard fatigue and allow the user to focus on the combat tasks.

Steel Beasts is used by Nations Militaries and thus has lead the way in Armour Simulation... But... It's not WW2 and it's graphics are... Less than ideal.

Thus... It would be stellar if we could have a completely separately used .ini file or what have you for the Tank Crew controls and have them expanded and modelled after the controls for Steel Beasts Pro PE... The keyboard gymnastics currently required are not great to get our wagons to move and fight...

Just a suggestion... Love the game, nevertheless... I can almost smellz the cordite... Mmmmmm... 🤤

Edited by VonLuck
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 3

Great idea!

Aiming with a mouse would be so much more easier than currently. Also, it would remove a couple of key bindings and "free up" your keyboard, thus making it a little bit more beginner friendly (which this game really needs!)

• Like 1

Don't get me wrong... The game should be hard... But not hard to keyboard... That's all... I have just found over the decades of gaming, that Steel Beast Pro PE has the most logical tank controls to date...

But yeah, For shiz... Easier/streamlined controls... 😁

IF you didnt already know: if you are tired of pressing forward button to drive forward: hold in the forward key and press enter or any other key like the map, then it will go into auto mode, and double press the same key to stop.
Or use a throttle controller 😄

• Like 1

Maybe I am too used to the game, but how difficult is it on the keyboard?

For example, currently the commander can quickly move up or down in the cupola via a key.

EDIT: I don't play solo, so the whole "giving orders" part doesn't impact me.

Edited by No_Face
50 minutes ago, No_Face said:

Maybe I am too used to the game, but how difficult is it on the keyboard?

For example, currently the commander can quickly move up or down in the cupola via a key.

EDIT: I don't play solo, so the whole "giving orders" part doesn't impact me.

Steel Beasts is just really streamlined...

Comparatively Tank Crew is... Clunky...

But, to each his own... I just found that from a gameplay perspective Steel Beasts controls are far superior... Overall... Just streamlined...

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...
On 1/20/2021 at 1:52 PM, VonLuck said:

Love the DLC...

Tank Crew is my new favourite game...

Reminds me of the feelings I got way back when I was playing Panzer Elite... Then I did real Tankie stuff for a while, and now after so many years away from wagons I was gagging to get back into something... So thank you...

Just an idea... Steel Beast Pro PE simply has the best controls I've ever used in 20+ years of gaming... You can raise your commanders stance quickly with Q and lower with Z in your cupola, you can set your speed and forget it with W (3 different clicks for different speeds), and you can mouse click your management and formations, and you can layout complex waypoints via the map... All of this to minimize keyboard fatigue and allow the user to focus on the combat tasks.

Steel Beasts is used by Nations Militaries and thus has lead the way in Armour Simulation... But... It's not WW2 and it's graphics are... Less than ideal.

Thus... It would be stellar if we could have a completely separately used .ini file or what have you for the Tank Crew controls and have them expanded and modelled after the controls for Steel Beasts Pro PE... The keyboard gymnastics currently required are not great to get our wagons to move and fight...

Just a suggestion... Love the game, nevertheless... I can almost smellz the cordite... Mmmmmm... 🤤

I miss the campaign aspects of Panzer Elite -- keeping your crews effective, having gas and ammo, picking the mods to make to the vehicles, transitioning to new vehicles.  It is still one of my favorite tank games.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, HeavyCavalrySgt said:

I miss the campaign aspects of Panzer Elite -- keeping your crews effective, having gas and ammo, picking the mods to make to the vehicles, transitioning to new vehicles.  It is still one of my favorite tank games.

So is mine. It had great campaigns, crew managment, infantry, vehicle progress. All the things that i was looking in TC, but was badly disappointed. Some years ago i reinstalled the game, but graphic was too bad to continue playing 😄

• Like 1
Just now, JG27_Steini said:

So is mine. It had great campaigns, crew managment, infantry, vehicle progress. All the things that i was looking in TC, but was badly disappointed. Some years ago i reinstalled the game, but graphic was too bad to continue playing 😄

I had exactly that experience 🙂 

11 hours ago, HeavyCavalrySgt said:

I immediately though by gas that you meant gas attack. Why do some call liquid fuel a gas?

3 hours ago, 1PL-Husar-1Esk said:

same as gas pedal for acceleration lever 

If you say so, but I meant to say contraction. Its the short version of gasoline. Just wondering what you call the thing attached just below the steering wheel in Gdańsk, the turn control stick?

18 hours ago, LachenKrieg said:

If you say so, but I meant to say contraction. Its the short version of gasoline. Just wondering what you call the thing attached just below the steering wheel in Gdańsk, the turn control stick?

what, where ? 

• Confused 1