Need a little help with Bf109 ETC stenciling and details.

I have hunted the net and some of my Bf109 library but most deal with the aicraft and go into very little detail of the actual bomb racks.  Here are some questions.

Can anyone tell me what the stenciling on either of these says please?  I can just about make out the stenciling on the multiple bomb rack (2nd image) but a native German speaker could help confirm

Is the stenciling specific for the different marks of 109 (E, F, G etc)?

I know the 109E used a different rack (image 1) than the later types.

Thanks

109E Bomb Rack - single.jpg

Messerschmitt-Bf-109F4B-loaded-with-four-SC50J-bombs-close-up-view-of-the-bomb-rack-02.jpg

Edited by ICDP

Good evening ICDP, unfortunately the quality of the photos is rather poor. I can only read parts of the 2nd photo. I will try tomorrow to see if there is a drawing or a better photograph in one of my books.  :)

• Like 1

A little update from my side.

I have already gone through a good chunk of my books, unfortunately the photographs were all not very helpful. Either the bomb rack was in the shadow and only visible as a silhouette, too far away or not labeled at all. I also tried to look for pictures of others (like the 110), but was just as successful. I still have some issues of an aviation magazine lying around, where there might be pictures, but unfortunately they are not sorted and currently stored away, I will dig them out in the next few days and see if I can find something.

Maybe there are still somewhere technical manuals with drawings where you could find something (couldn't find something yet) or museum pieces that still have the corresponding ETC racks. I have also asked a 109 fan group, who knows, maybe someone has something.

My guess :

Achtung ! Vor Beladung ASZ-R so einstellen ETC links vorne zuerst auslöst"

Edited by Pierre64
I forgot the German specific quotation marks (Anführungszeichen)
  • Upvote 1

Looks good Pierre64, though it looks like the word das or daz is between the words einstellen and ETC.  Would that make sense to any German speakers?

10 minutes ago, ICDP said:

Looks good Pierre64, though it looks like the word das or daz is between the words einstellen and ETC.  Would that make sense to any German speakers?

No I think it's a "daß" not a "daz"  So it would be this:

"Achtung! Vor Beladung ASZ-R so einstellen daß ETC links vorne zuerst auslöst"

In this context there could/should be a comma in front of the daß like this:

"Achtung! Vor Beladung ASZ-R so einstellen, daß ETC links vorne zuerst auslöst"

• Upvote 1

Hi ICDP, I found some pictures that you might be interested in (or that you already have). 

Spoiler

Messerschmitt-Bf-109F4B-loaded-with-four

The first one is easy to read "Für Me 109 E u F" (source: https://www.asisbiz.com/il2/Bf-109F/Bf-109F/pages/Messerschmitt-Bf-109F4B-loaded-with-four-SC50J-bombs-close-up-view-of-the-bomb-rack-01.html)

sd500.jpg

The second one is a bit harder, but from what I can recognize it says the same as one the first picture "Für Me 109 E u F" (source: http://www.luftarchiv.de/index.htm?/bordgerate/abwurf.htm)

Regarding your first picture I found different variants with stenceling of the rack. Some of them only have the stenceling above the front holder (sometimes slightly set differently) or it's simply blank etc. Speaking about this word (above the front holder) I think it could be "Verriegelung" (interlock). I can't read the rest of it and have sadly no idea what it could mean.

Regarding your question about the other 109 variants, I couldn't find any stenceling on late war 109's (G-K) with centerline bomb racks or fuel tanks. 

Thanks again Big_Al.  I will not be adding variant specific stenciling as for some reasoin the 109E and F bomb racks are used on all the laster models as well.  So as long as I can improve the basic look I will be happy.

• Upvote 1