7 hours ago, Feathered_IV said:

Assassins Creed: Jedi?

That's what I fear - Ubisoft's open world formula has grown old for me...

A few years earlier I had jumped at ac:valhalla - but now...

However - it'll be a well crafted star wars game and I'll propably nag a little more until it comes out and then play and enjoy it nevertheless :)

It's from the dev team that made Far Cry 3, and both The Division games...so my guess is something similar to those but set in Starwars. My guess is an open world Bounty Hunter type game.

13 hours ago, Eisenfaustus said:

That's what I fear - Ubisoft's open world formula has grown old for me...

Don't confuse publishers with developers.

I haven't seen it discussed here, but I’m looking forward to giving Fallen Order a go after my new system is built.

6 minutes ago, Gambit21 said:

but I’m looking forward to giving Fallen Order a go after my new system is built.

Surprisingly good fun. I never bothered to get it but then it came onto EA Play so gave it a whirl and ended up completing it. The main character is bland but some of the side characters are interesting enough. Doesn't do anything particularly original or memorable but once you get a few hours into it and expand your powers a bit it's a nice enough mix of combat that isn't frustrating & exploration/puzzle solving that won't melt your brain trying to figure it out. I also spent a disturbing amount of time customising my lightsaber and poking around places to find shiny new bits to dress it up. 

On 1/17/2021 at 11:07 AM, Trooper117 said:

I don't know whether to be excited or not... 

I don't either.

The creepy agendas that have already ruined most of Hollywood are bound to infect games more and more with each passing year.

Especially given that it’s a Disney property now.

• Upvote 1

For me, my dream SW game is to be a soldier of the Empire, being sent to various systems to quell the rebellion.

Working my way from the basic classic Stormtrooper to Squad Leader, then a special forces role.

Thing is... it will never happen as it's always flippin jedi based and how the poor rebels always win over the nasty Empire... (sigh)

• Like 2
21 hours ago, dburne said:

I actually enjoy Star Wars Squadrons quite a lot.

I expect I'll like it when I finally get around to getting it, but with all EA Starwars games, I expect it will be slightly disappointing in what it could of been, which is certainly the case for me in battlefront 2, and jedi order, both of which I like, but could of been so much better (I've always loved Starwars!).

Personally I would of preferred something like squadrons gfx but with a much more story line based game like the masterpiece that was LucasArts x wing alliance. Now, that was a great game.

On 1/19/2021 at 6:38 AM, Trooper117 said:

For me, my dream SW game is to be a soldier of the Empire, being sent to various systems to quell the rebellion.

Hey Trooper, isn't that close to your IRL bio?  😉

On 1/19/2021 at 12:38 PM, Trooper117 said:

Working my way from the basic classic Stormtrooper to Squad Leader, then a special forces role.

Thing is... it will never happen as it's always flippin jedi based and how the poor rebels always win over the nasty Empire... (sigh)

While that‘d be an instant buy for me - the empire has become a lot more evil in the new Disney canon...

Harder to sell fighting for those guys now. However started TIE fighter special edition again - that’s just an awesome game. And still surprisingly playable...

maybe I should give modded x-wing alliance another try :)

On 1/19/2021 at 1:06 AM, Gambit21 said:

I don't either.

The creepy agendas that have already ruined most of Hollywood are bound to infect games more and more with each passing year.

Especially given that it’s a Disney property now.

You mean the "woke agenda" et al?

Check this out:

https://www.wargamer.com/articles/wargames-2020-diversity-inclusion/

I guess they are right, there is an unproportional number lf women represented in games dealing with Napoleon's invasion of Russia. It should be half, given that half the population is female. And don't let us catch them earning less than their male grognard counterparts.

• Upvote 1