Better landscape textures

I really believe this sim could use some love in the landscape department. On the deck, the trees especially look very... ancient. With the current game engine I don't know if this would be possible but it would make for a brilliant update if so!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8
21 hours ago, 40plus said:

I would also love it if the trees would stop spinning when you fly by....not a deal breaker it's just a nice to have.

I remember seeing this occur in War Thunder as well. Very odd indeed. I really hope to see IL-2 updated to next-gen fidelity one day!

13 hours ago, -Six-Motivated said:

I remember seeing this occur in War Thunder as well. Very odd indeed. I really hope to see IL-2 updated to next-gen fidelity one day!

To me, updating it would include optimizing and improving the engine itself to use more cpu cores efficiently. The GPU usage on my system is usually (95-99%), but the cpu usage is often only 15-30% on my 6 core/12 thread 4.6ghz laptop cpu, and yet the game micro stutters at times with a lot of units on screen. Clearly I have the cpu headroom for more units at those usage percentages.

• Upvote 2

Make your complain to Uglymedia, they are making the maps. But indeed the dancing 2D trees are hilarious 🤣 on the otherhand we are mostly flying  in the skies so I would prefer better clouds and sky dome first.  

And yeah optimizations would always be welcome, nobody would reject that 🤔

Edited by Dutch2
On 1/15/2021 at 10:11 AM, 40plus said:

I would also love it if the trees would stop spinning when you fly by....not a deal breaker it's just a nice to have.

Try driving under them in a tank in VR. Vertigo city.

Hope they fix it too.

Will the new sky dome be better on our GPU's?

How does MSFS run 30 fps and not be an issue? I dont have it yet but people say its great at 30fps.

4 hours ago, Dutch2 said:

Thanks. Is there an executive summary? 😁

I got down to the multi gpu part before I got a headache. I guess MSFS doesn't have the "spikes" of slow frame rendering?

Also, if the movies are at 24 fps why cant our computer do the same and be smoth?