Jump to content

Steam VR Beta Update Jan 14th


Recommended Posts

On 1/22/2021 at 4:32 AM, =BES=Senor_Jefe said:

So what  setting changes have we made for Index in steam vr and in-game?

 

I found in the other sim that a fixed FR of 30 gives a poor performance. 40 much better than it used to be (with higher graphics wettings) but still far from perfect. 60 however gives an almost flawless performance and I've even got things like shadows and terrain shadows on which for me used to be unthinkable. I might take terrain shadows off though and crank up the PD. Its almost like playing a normal game now and I can't quite work out how they've managed it! It's going to significantly reduce the entry price of VR. Even missions like the bigshow that used to be pretty bad seem to run fine now.

In MSFS however performance was merely acceptable. I put it on a Fixed 30 though so maybe I'll try putting it up a bit later as I expected DCS would work better on a lower fixed FR when this doesn't seem to be the case.  But I don't really know what I'm doing so I'd be interested to hear how others are using it especially the 'additional prediction' setting.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Wolf8312 said:

 

I found in the other sim that a fixed FR of 30 gives a poor performance. 40 much better than it used to be (with higher graphics wettings) but still far from perfect. 60 however gives an almost flawless performance and I've even got things like shadows and terrain shadows on which for me used to be unthinkable. I might take terrain shadows off though and crank up the PD. Its almost like playing a normal game now and I can't quite work out how they've managed it! It's going to significantly reduce the entry price of VR. Even missions like the bigshow that used to be pretty bad seem to run fine now.

In MSFS however performance was merely acceptable. I put it on a Fixed 30 though so maybe I'll try putting it up a bit later as I expected DCS would work better on a lower fixed FR when this doesn't seem to be the case.  But I don't really know what I'm doing so I'd be interested to hear how others are using it especially the 'additional prediction' setting.

Seems that I've got something wrong.  Tried doing it in IL2 and I get some serious warping with reprojection locked on.  Even when I don't need it, since I was running 90fps flawlessly.  MSFS isn't much better. 

 

I went 120hz refresh locked to 40, then 60 with vomit inducing warping. What steam vr settings do you have going?

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, =BES=Senor_Jefe said:

Seems that I've got something wrong.  Tried doing it in IL2 and I get some serious warping with reprojection locked on.  Even when I don't need it, since I was running 90fps flawlessly.  MSFS isn't much better. 

 

I went 120hz refresh locked to 40, then 60 with vomit inducing warping. What steam vr settings do you have going?

 

Alot of variables to consider to be honest, not just steam VR and game settings but also your system comparative to mine. I don't really play GB as much either as I prefer the other sim. I negated to mention also that I just upgraded to 32 G of Ram recently so I'm not sure if that may be playing a part. Do you have motion smoothing on? I have set mine to off as there was alot of warping. Steam SS is about 100 and PD in DCS is about normal I think or maybe 1 or 2. Shadows are all on. Do you have a 4 k monitor as well? Make sure you're are not running MSFS itself in 4k as you are flying! Set PC settings to the lowest possible in the game menu and I think turning off Gsync and reducing screen res can help too though like I said there are so many variables that its hard to keep up! 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Wolf8312 said:

 

Alot of variables to consider to be honest, not just steam VR and game settings but also your system comparative to mine. I don't really play GB as much either as I prefer the other sim. I negated to mention also that I just upgraded to 32 G of Ram recently so I'm not sure if that may be playing a part. Do you have motion smoothing on? I have set mine to off as there was alot of warping. Steam SS is about 100 and PD in DCS is about normal I think or maybe 1 or 2. Shadows are all on. Do you have a 4 k monitor as well? Make sure you're are not running MSFS itself in 4k as you are flying! Set PC settings to the lowest possible in the game menu and I think turning off Gsync and reducing screen res can help too though like I said there are so many variables that its hard to keep up! 

 

I hear you. I spent so much time tweaking for IL2 to run at 90fps that I'm afraid I messed with settings that will cause warp in any state that isn't the one I have.

 

Specs:

I5 7700k @5.1

2080ti fully OC'd

32gb 3400 ram

 

I'm actually not that concerned with IL2, since with my specs I had it dialed in really well.  But MSFS is a beast of its own so I wanted to try getting some headroom.  Oh well, I'll keep tinkering! (But will leave IL2 alone)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...