Dumb Q no 966:

SE5 loaded with over wing gun and bombs. It seems the overwing gun doesnt fire. Got weapon 1, 2 an 3 active, and space (fire all guns) active but nothing seems to happen up there ...

• Upvote 1

Yeah, the SE5a Vickers gun (the bottom one) is Weapon 1, while the Lewis gun (the top one) is Weapon 2. I have buttons assigned for Weapon Group 1 and Weapon Group 2, since I like being able to fire them separately. My brother Kotori has Fire All Weapons and Fire Weapon Group 2. He figures that if he's firing the Vickers, he should probably be firing the Lewis as well. I don't know why these keys wouldn't work for you. Double check your key assignments, make sure your plane is armed, make sure the game isn't paused. There is also a chance of a misfire, and you'll need to use the Reload All Guns button to cycle the bolt and clear the misfire. Very common in WW1, not so much in WW2.

• Thanks 1
11 hours ago, jollyjack said:

SE5 loaded with over wing gun and bombs. It seems the overwing gun doesnt fire

Are you saying it's only when you're bombed up? Anyway, it does sound like a duplicate key assignment issue.

2 hours ago, gascan said:

My brother Kotori has Fire All Weapons and Fire Weapon Group 2. He figures that if he's firing the Vickers, he should probably be firing the Lewis as well.

I'm with your brother GC. My trigger fires both for maximum impact but I have a separate assignment just for the Lewis for those strafe 'em in the belly moments with weapon raised and erect.

Thanks, i will ckeck, but i have weapon 1 and 2 separately assigned, works with a Bristol f.e.

PS JUST found it i think, reload guns was assigned double, seems to work now.

Edited by jollyjack

Just been trying it, shooting Pfaltzes work better, but trains seem indestructible. SE5 seems not as easy as a Bristol or Camel.

But I still don't get the Cooperbombing right, some times they work, sometimes they won't ...

ADDED: works with a 5s time delay, contact = less effective.

Edited by jollyjack

Yeah, I'm not sure why but in all the FC planes I've flown you have to have a 5s time delay for the bombs to work. Drop too low, and the bombs don't arm, and the odds of hitting a moving target are a lot lower unless you drop a line of bombs.

Fun fact: you *can* hit mid-air targets like balloons. In cases like these, the bomb detonates instantly and usually damages my plane pretty badly. Quite amusing, though :)

• Upvote 1
On 1/14/2021 at 10:34 AM, jollyjack said:

Just been trying it, shooting Pfaltzes work better, but trains seem indestructible. SE5 seems not as easy as a Bristol or Camel.

But I still don't get the Cooperbombing right, some times they work, sometimes they won't ...

ADDED: works with a 5s time delay, contact = less effective.

Right now, you have to use all your ammo to destroy a locomotive. What is more, there is a kind of a bug where once the train get some hits, it can speed up and is very difficult to destroy.

1 hour ago, 1PL-Lucas-1Esk said:

What is more, there is a kind of a bug where once the train get some hits, it can speed up and is very difficult to destroy.

Huh, that's something I didn't know but seen. Thought I was imagining it. Think IL2 is worst, thing is already fast. 

4 hours ago, 1PL-Lucas-1Esk said:

Right now, you have to use all your ammo to destroy a locomotive. What is more, there is a kind of a bug where once the train get some hits, it can speed up and is very difficult to destroy.

You can't really expect .303 ammunition to do a lot of damage to an object as thick and heavy as a steam locomotive.

1 hour ago, LukeFF said:

You can't really expect .303 ammunition to do a lot of damage to an object as thick and heavy as a steam locomotive.

In the grim darkness of the far future,

there is only choo choo.

zsv20sk84hk11.jpg

• Upvote 1
7 hours ago, ST_Catchov said:

I think Thomas got tanked on a cache of amphetamines discovered in the hun trenches. 

Must have found Loppnow's stash

• Haha 1