Moscow, Stalingrad an Kuban on the same regiment

Hi!

Just curious, can I play a career on the three theaters of war within the same regiment (fighter or IL-2)?

In other words, is there a Regiment that fought on Moscow, Kuban and Stalingrad?

Thanks

Edited by CCCPBera
8 minutes ago, CCCPBera said:

Hi!

Just curious, can I play a career on the three theaters of war within the same regiment (fighter or IL-2)?

In other words, is there a Regiment that fought on Moscow, Kuban and Stalingrad?

Thanks

You can easily try it yourself. Open campaigns and write downs the available squadrons. Before changing the theatre it might be possible to change the squadron. 

1 hour ago, gorice said:

27th IAP is in Moscow and Stalingrad. 3rd Guards IAP is in Stalingrad and Kuban. Not sure whether there's one that overlaps with all 3, though.

Thank you very much!

I think there's at least one unit from JG 52 that is on all 3 Eastern Front maps.

Also, if your current squadron is on the map that you are moving to, the game's GUI will automatically take you to its location on the map when you are choosing your unit for the new battle. 

II./JG 52 takes part in Moscow, Stalingrad, and Kuban flying the Bf-109 from the F2 through the G6.

They're present at Moscow from the beginning up until January of 1942, and then play a fairly small role in Stalingrad supporting the initial advances and then the airbridge before being rotated out in late December of 1942.

Most of the career is spent after that in Kuban however, as the unit is present for the entirety of the campaign there from April through October of 1943.
All in all you're looking at roughly 12 months of flight operations between the three theaters, on realistic campaign speed its quite a commitment.

3 hours ago, Yogiflight said:

But according to the OP's name and his asking for a regiment (fighter or IL-2), I would guess, he is not too interested to fly for the dark side.

Well, yes, but only because I´m more familiar with soviet aircrafts. I´ll try flying for the  "dark side" after I finish my soviet career (will take quite some time, I think).

Thank you all for your replies!