would it be posible to map the joystick trigger to take screenshot?

i feel like playing bos for a long time

but i dont wanna shoot anybody down but to take a photographic shot at the moment

what would be the easiest way to do that?

While making the above screenshot, I used a little program called mgrab or multi grab by Martin Wright http://www.mwgfx.co.uk/programs/mgrab.htm

It occurred to me that this little tool could be used to make guncam type records if you compiled the mulitiple screens  it can make into a .gif , just a thought , yet to try it. But you can have up to 999 screenshots at up to 10 per second and can adjust the "shutter" speed so it could be interesting?

51 minutes ago, Pict said:

t occurred to me that this little tool could be used to make guncam type records

thanks for the hint i think ill map it to bandicam to maake a 3 second shot

4 hours ago, Cynic_Al said:

Unless I misunderstand, that is already built-in:

Settings / Key Mapping / Service / Make a screenshot of the game -> Assign joystick trigger button or whatever.

That's true and apparently so obvious we all missed it :) Yet it only applies to IL2 commands, of which "Make a screenshot of the game" is one.

Bandicam controls and other 3rd party stuff is not covered by the in game settings, but is with JoyToKey as you set your joystick buttons to your keyboard buttons with no restriction as to what those keyboard buttons do.

Edited by Pict