Since the last patch, the 'Padlock' functions (Enemy A/C, Friendly A/C, Enemy Ground, etc) do not work in either SP or MP if the CUSTOM setting is used.

They do work in SP if NORMAL is used.

In CUSTOM, they work initially while on the ground, but shortly after T/O the function is lost and one is suddenly flying in Full Real Mode.

It would be interesting to know if any others have had the same experience, and if so, it could possibly be analyzed and corrected in the next patch.

• 3 weeks later...

Happens to me too.

Weird thing is, when in outside view it works fine.

No resolution/quality combination solved the problem.

This is forcing me to switch to outside view to track an enemy and then go back to cockpit view, since I don't like IR tracking devices or VR headsets, and I want to play without icons on the screen.

I don't know the game structure, but I'm wondering if there's some configuration file that can be tweaked as a workaround. Some way to trick the game into believing we're using NORMAL settings when it's actually CUSTOM, maybe.

Looks like this is not a new issue, btw:

• 1CGS
On 1/9/2021 at 9:58 PM, vonNutz said:

Since the last patch, the 'Padlock' functions (Enemy A/C, Friendly A/C, Enemy Ground, etc) do not work in either SP or MP if the CUSTOM setting is used.

They do work in SP if NORMAL is used.

In CUSTOM, they work initially while on the ground, but shortly after T/O the function is lost and one is suddenly flying in Full Real Mode.

It would be interesting to know if any others have had the same experience, and if so, it could possibly be analyzed and corrected in the next patch.

Please, take a screenshot of the Custom settings where Padlock doesn't work.

No.

When in outside view, It works every time

In cockpit, almost never.

Sometimes I press the F8 key buy nothing happens, and after a minute or so it suddenly locks on an enemy plane.

• Upvote 1

Now:

What's in the cockpit view that Mr. Padlock doesn't like?

I initially thought my system couldn't handle the cockpit's complexity, misfiring the padlock function. But there's no stutter and the fps counter shows at least a reasonable 40.

Having started the topic, I found by accident that using the hat switch for views turns off the padlock.

In cockpit at beginning of mission, padlock works fine.

Once you use the hat switch to look around, you have lost padlock as seen from cockpit until restart

I have no idea why this happens.

just flew a mission in career mode and everything worked the way it's supposed to

accidentally used the hat switch to change view before padlocking on an enemy (habit) but everything still worked until end of mission

sorry can't be more helpful

I think it's not the hatswitch as such, but the two views, which are default I think: (1:  90 degrees) pilot looks right to wingtip and (2: 270 degrees), pilot looks left to wingtip, that may be the culprit.

I reset the HS to other, non-view functions, but have not yet been able to test in a Padlock server.

I'll know more in a day or two.

• Thanks 1

Thought i'd bump this as i'm also having some issues with the realism settings. I also find the padlock works inside the cockpit until I touch the hat switch, which is ok I now only use it to find an airfield to limp back to.  After fiddling about with the options though, the object markers or unlimited ammo won't reactivate with the check boxes.  Good training for dogfight servers maybe and quite immersive but i'm only a few hours in and need gunnery practice.

• 2 weeks later...

This is still an issue for me - intermittent failure of enemy padlock while in cockpit view - switch to external view and it'll padlock - can be fixed by restarting game.

Hope this is addressed - or even acknowledged as a problem - soon.

• 1CGS
On 3/4/2021 at 10:07 AM, DaveLang2907 said:

Hope this is addressed - or even acknowledged as a problem - soon.

I follow the topic, but I have not been able to reproduce the problem to this day, unfortunately, the problem remains unresolved.

It's intermittent, which is what makes it hard to troubleshoot.

I was using the hat switch on a Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog to control the "adjustable stabilizer axis" on the 109F2 and 109F4 when I was having the problem. I remapped the control and don't use the hat switch anymore and the problem seems to have gone away. I'll post again if it re-occurs. 

Again, when the problem was occurring, enemy padlock would work when outside the cockpit, but didn't work inside. Problem could be resolved by restarting game.

Edited by DaveLang2907

Have you got any other command repeating, a swich thrown active ie? You could check this by alttabbing out of the game and bring up notepad and see if you get some letter or umber repeated. That happens (with the Warthog if you forget to set the flapslever to neutral, usually means you cant end the game with Enter,) but it may be disrupting other caoomands.

• 4 weeks later...

@FlyingH In that case, the problem should appear in F2 outside view as well as in F1 cockpit view, but F8 padlock always works when in outside view.

There's something with the cockpit view.

I've been following this thread for a while hoping that someone would come up with a solution (or a cause for that matter).  I also have the padlock "glitch" and I could not even say how long I have had it.  I've tried everything I can think of to find a cause or a fix to no avail.  Padlock in the cockpit works fine for a while and then just stops.  Outside the cockpit it always works fine and has never failed in my experience.  Some missions it last longer than others and there just does not seem to be enough regularity to fully define the characteristics of the "glitch".  I've had a few times where the function returned and worked in the cockpit again after it had failed earlier.  I have not been able to recreate whatever caused it to return in the cockpit, it has happened very seldom and I have no idea what or if I did anything to make it return.

Anyway, I just wanted to add my voice to those who are experiencing the problem.  It seems to be pretty rare among forum members.