Looking forward to the update and appreciate what you have done

Raptorattacker
5 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

WitW will receive one final update via @Raptorattacker for the P-38

I sent you the link on Feb 3rd mate.

Rap

:thank_you:

Blitzen

Looking forward to this final update but saddened that you won’t be adding the BoN for WotW. It would seem perfect for adding on to all the work you have already done...

JG_deserteagle540

The War in the West Mod is a very nice piece of work, but there is a lot of competition. For example the Kuban/Nort Africa Mod, the Synvander mission generator & Pwcg, etc, etc. This might explain the lack of interest in this Mod.

Personally I would love to see some modding on the QMB like we used to have in 1946.

[=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther

10,000 is a good amount of interest. 

I first got into modding because I didn't like what I saw in the game (total war series). If only one person downloaded, I would still share. This being said, a mod of this level requires a great deal of commitment. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
41Sqn_Riksen

@DetCord12B Could this pack here:

be available as an Addon or Expansion to the "War in the West"?

I created preview images and descriptions for the skins listed and configured them to be picked randomly by the AI.

352nd_Hoss

Hey Det, thanks for the hard work in getting this great Mod to this point.  In today's update they discussed the new Rail yards on the BoBp map.  Once it's released will there be an update to target these new juicy targets? 

Cheers

Hoss

DetCord12B
On 5/14/2021 at 3:46 PM, 41Sqn_Riksen said:

@DetCord12B Could this pack here:

be available as an Addon or Expansion to the "War in the West"?

I created preview images and descriptions for the skins listed and configured them to be picked randomly by the AI.

Replied to your PM.

On 5/14/2021 at 5:00 PM, 352nd_Hoss said:

Hey Det, thanks for the hard work in getting this great Mod to this point.  In today's update they discussed the new Rail yards on the BoBp map.  Once it's released will there be an update to target these new juicy targets? 

Cheers

Hoss

The devs are still updating the BoBp map as well as adding other features. I have no idea when this will receive an update as of now.

352nd_Hoss
2 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

Replied to your PM.

The devs are still updating the BoBp map as well as adding other features. I have no idea when this will receive an update as of now.

LOL, okay..........  if you are like me you won't be able to leave it alone once that update comes out. 

Thanks Det

• 2 weeks later...
Blitzen
Posted (edited)

Will the new( today ,)Tiffy be available any time soon as a career plane choice for War in the West?

Edited by Blitzen
Blitzen

The announcement for the newest update with the ( lovely) Typhoon,states they are currently available for careers in BoB and indeed the squadrons in which it serves in either time period, are shown on the Bodenplatte map,BUT I am not able to find any of them on the scroll down menu of choices on the right. I tried several times last night to volunteer to fly the Tiffy but I was unable to find the right path. Has anyone been successful?

I wonder if any of the new vehicles or weapons systems have been incorporated?

RedKestrel
Just now, Blitzen said:

The announcement for the newest update with the ( lovely) Typhoon,states they are currently available for careers in BoB and indeed the squadrons in which it serves in either time period, are shown on the Bodenplatte map,BUT I am not able to find any of them on the scroll down menu of choices on the right. I tried several times last night to volunteer to fly the Tiffy but I was unable to find the right path. Has anyone been successful?

Is this trying to start a new career or in your existing one?

5 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Also I just noted you say "War in the West". Is that the mod of the same name? Maybe that's causing issues with availability.

Blitzen

Its a new career or trying to be …and yes I did wonder if using h=the new War in the West modded campaign was the problem, but I have no idea why since it doesn’t appear to change the basic roadmap on the BoB campaign choice….but maybe?

busdriver
Posted (edited)

I have a career with 175 Sqn at Deurne in September 1944 going. Stock game, not WitW or PWCG.

Edited by busdriver
  • Confused 1
Blitzen
1 minute ago, busdriver said:

I have a career with 175 Sqn at Deurne in September 1944 going.

Bus driver ( great name BTW) did you get the campaign going in BoB or are you using the War in West modded campaign?Just curious- it may explain my problems…

busdriver

Sorry edited my reply, stock game.

RedKestrel
26 minutes ago, Blitzen said:

Its a new career or trying to be …and yes I did wonder if using h=the new War in the West modded campaign was the problem, but I have no idea why since it doesn’t appear to change the basic roadmap on the BoB campaign choice….but maybe?

If the mod is changing the Career in some way then it stands to reason that any time the devs update the career, the mod-maker would have to make updates in parallel. Otherwise the mod will break or simply not incorporate new things.

Is it possible to test in the stock game?

Blitzen
Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Situation solved …well …assessed: At this timetable”Tiffy” squadrons are not activated in War in the West.If I de-activate WitW I can start a career with any of the squadrons available, but if I re-activate WitW that campaign career will not work ( I get a pop-up saying the squadron is no longer operational & I need to choose another operational ( read as non-Typhoon) squadron.So at least for the time being if you want to fly the “Tiffy” in a campaign stay with BoB….sigh…maybe at some future date this will be changed…

Or wait for the whole Battle of Normandy package to be rolled out?

Edited by Blitzen
DetCord12B

As I've repeatedly stated numerous times here and elsewhere on these forums, WitW will not be updated until I'm comfortable I can deliver a more or less final patch once the airframe listing for BoN is more or less complete and implemented. Again, the devs are updating the platform (aircraft, campaigns, bug-fixes etc) on a near constant basis and I see no need to provide a patch when another update for WitW will be needed again in a week or so. I'm waiting for it to stabilize.

Or wait for the whole Battle of Normandy package to be rolled out?

@Blitzen

If you're waiting for a WitW BoN expansion it isn't going to happen, if that's what you meant. If not...carry on mate! 😃

On 6/3/2021 at 9:55 AM, busdriver said:

I have a career with 175 Sqn at Deurne in September 1944 going. Stock game, not WitW or PWCG.

Then why even interject? You're not using the mod and therefore any "help" and or like commentary is utterly nullified. This is akin to finding a random topic on the RTX 2080's T2S render issues on the web, registering and posting in a very specific thread about it, and stating that you have none of the issues listed whilst obvious that everyone else that said issues occur. Only to later reveal that you don't actually have an RTX 2080.