[MOD] War in the West

7 hours ago, Semml said:

@DetCord12B Unfortunately no. Apparently no one else is having issues with this... Any ideas what I could try to do?

I used to mod Total War games and sometimes when you download, files can become corrupted. You may want to uninstall (delete the folder) and reinstall.  

Edited by [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther

I reinstalled everything and the mod is working now! 

@DetCord12B First of all, let me say thank you for this! As I got increasingly frustrated with multiplayer this is really what I need right now. So far I'm having great fun but there is one thing I'd like to bring to uo: I was really excited when I saw the screenshot with all the skins you created (and boy, do I love your work!). I was really hoping that custom skins would be implemented more extensively in the mod. 

What really ruins the immersion for me in this game that all AI have the same blank skin template which is super ahistorical to have so many aircraft without any insigna on them together - each one looking exactly the same as the other. That's what I like about IL2:1946 where AI squadrons at least have these insigna (even if it just "white 3", "white 4", etc.) according to a squadron. It feels really like I am shooting at and flying with AI copies when they are just blank.

Is this something you are concerned with or is this just me? You created really great looking skins but when I am flying the only plane with a fancy historical skin while all the other planes are blank why spend so much time creating these in the first place? I am interested in what you think about this. If this is something that could become a thing in the future or I should just abandon my hopes for flying with and fighting against properly historical looking aircraft in this simulator? I mean, I imagine creating skins like this is a huuuge amount of work but just having different decals would change a lot for me at least. 

EDIT: Sorry if I misunderstand something here. I'm not quite sure what the difference between custom livery and custom squadrons seems to be here.

EDIT 2: Even in the custom squadron VII. of JG27 the skins of my wingmen are the default ones. Same for the KG51...

Thank you once again and have a good day, sir!

Unbenannt.png

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt.JPG

Edited by Semml
I added stuff

Love this mod & it works fine but I made a major mistake in my urgency to install it : instead of using the JSGME as I know I should I installed it directly into the main game folder...an obvious mistake & one I’d like to correct. I’ve been thinking of a uninstall reinstall thru Steam after taking all Mods out that are on JSGME. Is this my only option or is there a better way to go?

Thanks!

( Just did the above& all is well)

download.png

Edited by Blitzen
add photo

Works great and nice additional airframes for the theater/paint schemes.

Started 2 careers in the earliest possible date, both german side (FW-190 with the new fighter wing and the other a random Bf-109G-4 wing). Played around 3 - 5 missions for each wing.

The problem is the Spit Mk.IXe.
Like a gazillion of them in each and every mission.
Not complaining about the numbers, but I didn't see any US planes apart from some RAF painted P-47D-28 as CAS with..a flight of Mk.IXe as top cover.

When I had random encounters, yeap it was again only Mk.IXs. 

It got old really quickly.

Is that a "feature" from vanilla or something that was/could be tweaked from this mod? 
Or that was historically accurate/random? 

Just now, Aeroporikos_Mht said:

Is that a "feature" from vanilla or something that was/could be tweaked from this mod? 

It is an unfortunate feature from vanilla. I have flown hundreds of missions in BoBP and have yet to encounter one single P-51 or P-38. The mission structure of the career missions has to be edited for that. If we can or cannot solve that within a mod has yet to be answered.

• Upvote 2
10 minutes ago, sevenless said:

It is an unfortunate feature from vanilla. I have flown hundreds of missions in BoBP and have yet to encounter one single P-51 or P-38. The mission structure of the career missions has to be edited for that. If we can or cannot solve that within a mod has yet to be answered.

Thanks for the answer.

That's very unfortunate. 

It gets very stale if you encounter the same planes all the time.
Like a glorified quick mission in repeat.

I do hope that the devs or the modders can change that.  

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, l_commando said:

Great work! Had my eye on this for a while. Enjoying it so far. Is it possible to incorporate the 485th FS skins from the "Lightning Strikes" campaign into this?

Does that campaign come with the standard BoBp game?

17 hours ago, FurphyForum said:

Det, you do know what happened with Tom, do you?.

No no I get why you released this as by your threads previously.

16 hours ago, [=PzG=]-FlyinPinkPanther said:

This, sadly, may be a tad difficult. 

Wow, I had no idea. I was just off post deployment and seldom check the GD forum section.

What a loss for the community.

16 hours ago, Siv5122 said:

Might have found a bug XD307960_20210108202539_1.thumb.png.a944d2c8b3ba8714a0d6890503ce2261.png

307960_20210108202714_1.png

If you're going to report a bug then you should provide the pertinent info associated with it. What squadron was it, game date, other mods used, etc.

13 hours ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Are these as stand in for the other A-20 variants that generally operated at this point and time or did these still have some active A-20Bs in their inventories? If so maybe we could convince the devs to implement them officially.

Mostly stand in as the RAF and USAAF had almost completely converted to the C and other models. However, A-20B's from the RAF participated in hundreds of sorties during Market Garden.

6 hours ago, Semml said:

@DetCord12B First of all, let me say thank you for this! As I got increasingly frustrated with multiplayer this is really what I need right now. So far I'm having great fun but there is one thing I'd like to bring to uo: I was really excited when I saw the screenshot with all the skins you created (and boy, do I love your work!). I was really hoping that custom skins would be implemented more extensively in the mod. 

What really ruins the immersion for me in this game that all AI have the same blank skin template which is super ahistorical to have so many aircraft without any insigna on them together - each one looking exactly the same as the other. That's what I like about IL2:1946 where AI squadrons at least have these insigna (even if it just "white 3", "white 4", etc.) according to a squadron. It feels really like I am shooting at and flying with AI copies when they are just blank.

Is this something you are concerned with or is this just me? You created really great looking skins but when I am flying the only plane with a fancy historical skin while all the other planes are blank why spend so much time creating these in the first place? I am interested in what you think about this. If this is something that could become a thing in the future or I should just abandon my hopes for flying with and fighting against properly historical looking aircraft in this simulator? I mean, I imagine creating skins like this is a huuuge amount of work but just having different decals would change a lot for me at least. 

EDIT: Sorry if I misunderstand something here. I'm not quite sure what the difference between custom livery and custom squadrons seems to be here.

EDIT 2: Even in the custom squadron VII. of JG27 the skins of my wingmen are the default ones. Same for the KG51...

The AI uses that format because the game doesn't support a numbering/marking system like Cliffs of Dover, which is a huge deal if you ask me. So, say for example I were to apply a JG 2 tail band and a white number 10 to the default K4 or D9 that the AI uses, then every AI controlled K4 and D9 would have a JG 2 tail band and white 10 on it. That's all you'd see. I think it's better to have them somewhat historically accurate than nothing at all. 

The large variety of liveries were created for you the player, playing a campaign in the role as the commander of that squadron. Doing so enables you to assign the liveries to the aircraft in the mission planning room.

Liveries are textures. Squadrons are custom created and are not available in the default campaign. The 646th, No. 88 Sqn., KG(J) 27 and the rest listed on the main page are not there by default.

Again, you have to start a campaign as the commander to assign liveries and loadouts to the aircraft in the planning room

5 hours ago, Blitzen said:

Love this mod & it works fine but I made a major mistake in my urgency to install it : instead of using the JSGME as I know I should I installed it directly into the main game folder...an obvious mistake & one I’d like to correct. I’ve been thinking of a uninstall reinstall thru Steam after taking all Mods out that are on JSGME. Is this my only option or is there a better way to go?

Thanks!

I had a similar issue ages ago in another game (SH4) when I tossed everything into the default directory. An option I tried that worked at that time was to install the mod again into the correct directory and enable it with JSGME and then immediately disable it. Doing so pulled the files I had manually installed out. Never know, could work?

17 hours ago, admiralackbar86 said:

Only had one issue so far.  My first mission in the Ju-88 had the target to bomb way off of the map, I didn't realize what would happen since I never have dealt with this and it gave me the big red "turn around" message, so I couldn't hit the target.

Also flew Spits with the Australian 453rd, only got ground cover missions, but had a blast as a ton of German fighters came in to give us a hard time. 

Really enjoying the mod so far. 

When did the issue with the KG 54 occur, date, mission, other mods used with WitW, etc.

The Spitfire and 453rd have nothing to do with this mod. That is not a squadron that was added and is just the campaign AI assigning missions based upon however they were scripted and likely the date, which I'm guessing is probably Market Garden.

Edited by DetCord12B
3 hours ago, Semml said:

Unbenannt.png

Unbenannt.JPG

Unbenannt.JPG

Hello,

For the moment the "skin" file in scg which is proposed in the mod does not allow this

I explain how to have a different plane for each pilot of your squadron in my attached discussion thread

Spoiler

Editing the skin file represents a lot of work, I did it on a personal basis

• Upvote 2
2 minutes ago, MarcoPegase44 said:

Hello,

For the moment the "skin" file in scg which is proposed in the mod does not allow this

I explain how to have a different plane for each pilot of your squadron in my attached discussion thread

Reveal hidden contents

Editing the skin file represents a lot of work, I did it on a personal basis

I started doing this as well initially and it was a massive undertaking. I put aside, potentially for later.

• Upvote 1
Posted (edited)
15 minutes ago, [TMLF]Rockmusic15599 said:

When I click start mission the game frozes and I have to force close it. Any ideas on what might be causing this?

Did you follow the install instructions in the link on the download page and as also described by @sevenless?

Edited by DetCord12B
5 minutes ago, DetCord12B said:

Did you follow the install instructions in the link on the download page and as also described by @sevenless?

Yes I did. In fact the other installed mods are working just fine. The mod itself is launching, the problem comes when once the campaign is created and I click on 'start mission' it frozes.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, -=PHX=-SuperEtendard said:

Are these as stand in for the other A-20 variants that generally operated at this point and time or did these still have some active A-20Bs in their inventories? If so maybe we could convince the devs to implement them officially.

That could be your problem as mods tend to conflict with each other. Disable all of your existing mods, start the game, exit the game, and enable War in the West only. Give that a go.

Edited by DetCord12B
2 minutes ago, [TMLF]Rockmusic15599 said:

Already did, same error

No idea what to tell ya. It's working fine for everyone else so issue must be on your end.

Are you using steam and if so, is Bodenplatte up to date and have you verified the integrity of the install?

1 minute ago, DetCord12B said:

No idea what to tell ya. It's working fine for everyone else so issue must be on your end.

Are you using steam and if so, is Bodenplatte up to date and have you verified the integrity of the install?

I'm using the downloaded launcher, that might be the problem. Thx for the help anyways.

Just now, [TMLF]Rockmusic15599 said:

Yup

Make sure the launcher isn't open.

1) Okay, so, disable all of your mods.

2) Open the IL-2 main directory.

3) You'll see bin, data, MODS, etc folders.

4) Delete the updates folder and run the launcher.

This forces the client to search for any missing content.

20 minutes ago, [TMLF]Rockmusic15599 said:

Already did, same error

Which squadron and which timeframe please? I try to check if that error occurs for me too.

26 minutes ago, sevenless said:

Which squadron and which timeframe please? I try to check if that error occurs for me too.

The No.88 A-20B squadron in Operation Market, the earlier you can fly.

image.thumb.png.8e08ed7623ec12210be97aa38bbb7e2b.png

Stuck on that screen.

Edited by [TMLF]Rockmusic15599
Posted (edited)

I'm going back to take a look as well.

No issues on my end. Advanced to the next chapter.

2021_1_9__20_49_9.thumb.jpg.3aad1072c93098f8b27ee3c9662eaab3.jpg

EDIT - Wait, like stuck on the screen and can't exit the pilot bio?

Edited by DetCord12B
3 minutes ago, [TMLF]Rockmusic15599 said:

Indeed, gonna try to reinstall the game and see if it does any difference

Hold up. I'm in the process of uploading to MEGA for a more reliable DL. I'll let you know when the link is available.

Could be data loss and corruption issues.

1 hour ago, [TMLF]Rockmusic15599 said:

The No.88 A-20B squadron in Operation Market, the earlier you can fly.

Hmm, strange. I started that career and it worked flawless for me.

image.thumb.png.31cb327eb2d4e518b1af1a62ef26ede6.png

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

If you're going to report a bug then you should provide the pertinent info associated with it. What squadron was it, game date, other mods used, etc.

It was Jg.27 on the 20th of September, 1944. No other mods used. 

3 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

When did the issue with the KG 54 occur, date, mission, other mods used with WitW, etc.

The Spitfire and 453rd have nothing to do with this mod. That is not a squadron that was added and is just the campaign AI assigning missions based upon however they were scripted and likely the date, which I'm guessing is probably Market Garden.

The KG 54 mission was December 8th, Enemy River crossing.  Only other mods I had activated at the time were; Pilot Notes for Cockpit base version, and BF109G6R6 For KubanV2.

Ju 88 Mission.PNG

• Thanks 1
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Siv5122 said:

So sorry, I meant Gruppe Kampfgeschwader 27 (I'm used to fighter squadrons lol)

Thanks. I'll take a look at the campaign configs and see if I made a mistake somewhere.

9 minutes ago, admiralackbar86 said:

The KG 54 mission was December 8th, Enemy River crossing.  Only other mods I had activated at the time were; Pilot Notes for Cockpit base version, and BF109G6R6 For KubanV2.

Ju 88 Mission.PNG

I don't see any potential mod conflicts in your setup. I'll check the configs and see if I can reproduce this.

Thanks for the reports, gents.

EDIT - @admiralackbar86 Let me know if you run into this issue again during your KG 54 campaign. This will tell me whether the mission is the issue or not.

Edited by DetCord12B
4 hours ago, DetCord12B said:

Does that campaign come with the standard BoBp game?

I just double checked. The campaign comes with the standard BOBP game but the official skin pack is a separate download found on the forum here.

Edited by l_commando
17 minutes ago, l_commando said:

I just double checked. The campaign comes with the standard BOBP game but the official skin pack is a separate download found on the forum here.

I'd have to get @Jaegermeister and @Jason_Williams permission to use official content not already present in the game.

7 minutes ago, randybutternubs said:

God damn Det... Absolutely brilliant man. 😲

Cheers mate. Happy flying.

1 minute ago, [TMLF]Rockmusic15599 said:

I'm downloading but the launcher takes forever to do so, I'll let you know when it's all set up.

If you're still having issues after all of the hoop jumping just shoot me a PM.