Sign in to follow this  
AcidBath

Text to speech available for missions within IL-2 BoS?

Posted (edited)

Seeing that there is definitely some sort of text to speech engine implemented in IL-2 BoS, as evident by when an AI AC calls for a landing at a base uniquely named by the mission's developer, I find it a bit disappointing that this capability doesn't seem to be available within the mission editor...oh well.  Of course, there are external means available to create such text to speech audio content, but seeing that BoS has this functionality built in, it would be nice not to have to deal with 3rd party tools.  Any thoughts or suggestions about this?  Thanks for reading.

Edited by AcidBath

There is no “text to speech” functionality.

Voice calls are simply triggered along with the appropriate text file.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the heads up.  Must of had a brain fart when I would have sworn I heard a damaged AI called audibly by name the fictitious airfield "Air Start" for a landing, which really threw me.  That landing would be been amusing to see happen, since that AF was at 4k m.  Like mentioned, 3rd party tools get the job I'm looking at done.

Don't bath in acid too often, you may start hearing voices 😄

I am using Panopreter. The Basic version is free. You can have two English voices, one male and one female.