DOF Reality P6 Professional Motion simulator platform

Hetzer-JG51

Haven't used it but I'm very interested in buying a H3 or P3. Read somewhere though that it was lagging a little bit in it's movement versus in game movement. Was a couple of years ago though so probably something that is fixed by now by tweaking the software.

Anyway, also looking forward to hear experiences with DOF Reality platforms. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Yes. I use a P6 with IL-2 and its amazing. I just wish 1C Company would add air speed telemetry support to their API so wind kits work with IL-2.

I don't have a video of IL-2 on the platform yet, but here is a video of the Spitfire LF Mk IX in DCS. There are a lot of other videos on my channel as well.

• 1 month later...
On 2/6/2021 at 9:00 AM, Roons said:

Yes. I use a P6 with IL-2 and its amazing. I just wish 1C Company would add air speed telemetry support to their API so wind kits work with IL-2.

I don't have a video of IL-2 on the platform yet, but here is a video of the Spitfire LF Mk IX in DCS. There are a lot of other videos on my channel as well.

Nice! 😃

Any difference quality-wise on the integrations between DCS and IL-2? 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Roons,

Trying to get the DOFREALITY H6 working with IL2, but the IL2 just does not seem to release any telemetry data on the great battles (I started with the battle of Bodenplatte; and despite opening the ports and simracingstudio seeing IL2 with telemetry - no movement (and no telemetry data on capture).

I edited the startup.cfg file in the main game folder. Is there anything I'm missing?

Thanks,

Laszlo

• 5 months later...
Montana_*VR*

The only YouTube video I saw with a DOF reality H6 and IL-2 is the one below (starts at 1:16 min). But in my opinion the movement seems to be very strange compared to the gameplay. There are a few posts here from users with an NLR v3 and despite it's just a 2dof motion rig, the movement seems smoother and more accurate than with the 6dof in my opinion.

@Roons If you use IL-2 on your platform in the mean time, it would be great if you could record a video which shows how the motion platforms behaves at take off, landing, dogfight, barrel role and so on. A user did this for the NLR v3 and I'm curious which motion platform is better for IL-2.

Edited by Montana_*VR*