How to identify target when level bombing if destroyed buildings only render as undamaged buildings from a distance?

As the title says...

How do I identify target when level bombing if destroyed buildings only render as undamaged buildings from a distance?

It pretty much makes high level bombing in multiplayer pointless, and it is so frustrating when I spend so much time climbing, dialing in the proper speed, wind, and altitude, get the bombs dead on target, only to find out that it was already destroyed, but from 5km+ altitude, the buildings render as undamaged.  

This seems to be a serious flaw in this game.

• Upvote 3
7 hours ago, SCG_FeuerFliegen said:

As the title says...

How do I identify target when level bombing if destroyed buildings only render as undamaged buildings from a distance?

It pretty much makes high level bombing in multiplayer pointless, and it is so frustrating when I spend so much time climbing, dialing in the proper speed, wind, and altitude, get the bombs dead on target, only to find out that it was already destroyed, but from 5km+ altitude, the buildings render as undamaged.  

This seems to be a serious flaw in this game.

What you have is the exact reasoning that stemmed the use of Mosquitos and specially adapted Spit IXs (No. 16 Sqn) to do battle damage assessment for repeat attacks. Regardless of what the history channel tells you, carpet bombing alone didn't work - what made it work was reconnaissance. Thus, this isn't a flaw with the game. Besides,  I am 100% sure if you could render building damage from 5K in this game, you couldn't afford the PC to run it. Also, smoke and fire would mask the target in real life anyway so...

Now as far as the ME goes, you can use the Translator: Subtitle or Icon MCU or smoke and fire with an effects sustainer is your best bet.

Edited by JG7_X-Man
23 hours ago, JG7_X-Man said:

Besides,  I am 100% sure if you could render building damage from 5K in this game, you couldn't afford the PC to run it. 

It renders all the details of an undamaged building; why would a PC work harder to show the damaged version?  Especially since it's not detailed, unique damage; it's just like a different skin... if you can show one, why couldn't you show the other?

Maybe not 5k, but from 3k I can see the details of a clearly untouched building; but as I dive in, once I get to a certain point, the building instantly flips to a damaged skin.  it's not about just showing the details of something at that distance, just use the damaged building and if it's too far away to see it, then that's fine.  but just show the correct building.