MCU Advice Please - Tank Crew Mission Random Spawn Points

DD_Friar

DD_Friar

Salute

I am currently working on another element to add to our squads Tank Crew Dogfight Map. Currently it has 3 elements that people can play, Town Skirmish (teams start at either end of the town and go looking for each other with the added spice of a flag capture in the middle of town), Battlefield (teams start on open ground and head towards each other, Target Range (does what it says on the tin, Alied and Axis tanks can spawn in revetments side by side and blast away at targets set at 500m, 1000m, 1500m, 2000m, 2500m and 3000m).

I am looking to add a fourth, "Hunt The Tiger".

This scenario is that the map will place, up to 4 Tigers around the town in random locations (so that it can be played a few times before players work out the locations, at which point I will have to edit it to move them). Players will then have to try and find them in the town with out getting taken out (as a squad we play with no icons for tanks so they will be hidden).

Ideally I would like each Tiger to have a couple of places it could be found.

The hunt starts by someone on the Allied side killing a truck which is placed as a trigger. When the truck is killed (it has no other purpose but players may not want to do the hunt, so the truck goes un killed, the hunt is not started.)

When the truck is killed by a player an event is triggered that starts the Tigers spawning in their positions.

As a test I have got as far as the code below but am wondering how I go about setting the random positions for them. I assume it would be based on timers pulsing or not to spawn the Tiger(s) in.

In the code I have just 3 tanks side by side so I can see them spawning, eventually they would be distributed across the town waiting to be found.

The timers are set to a 60% random setting to add to the guessing game, it may be 1 Tiger out there (my floored logic at the moment means no Tigers could spawn), it may be 4 (as an aside, it would be good to tell the players how many Tigers have been spawned if anyone can advice on this as well, I looked at counters and an MCU for Data Update but did not find any user guide for them)

The spawners are set to have "Spawn On Me" so I can fix their position.

I have seen the the thread on random bomber routes which I suppose is a base for what I am trying to do? (If someone could nudge me in the direction of that post I would be grateful)

Is what I am trying to do achievable? Has anyone done anything similar?

Your advice and guidance would be very much appreciated.

40306564_HuntTheTiger.thumb.JPG.8e6376c3243a365dac33e84145e22bc0.JPG

super-truite

You have some random selection groups in the group sharing topic. I attach them in this post.
I did something similar in one of my mission: there was one tiger in town that would spawn and act differently each time the mission was played.
To do so, I used several time the random switch groups and created different tigers with their own set of waypoints in each branching.

randomswithch.zip

• Thanks 2

DD_Friar

Many thanks for this I will take a look and see if I can use your groups.

I did try looking in the groups (but obviously not hard enough!)

• 6 months later...
Kimmissar
On 1/5/2021 at 5:58 PM, super-truite said:

You have some random selection groups in the group sharing topic. I attach them in this post.
I did something similar in one of my mission: there was one tiger in town that would spawn and act differently each time the mission was played.
To do so, I used several time the random switch groups and created different tigers with their own set of waypoints in each branching.

randomswithch.zip 7.3 kB · 3 downloads

Thank you, this switch is just what I was looking for as well!

Gambit21

Friiar, it’s easy to build random generators with as many outputs as you require. 4 - 8 - 16 - 36...

I can send some logic later if you want.

• Upvote 1