Sign in to follow this  
Fokkxor

Pitch axis off center by default?

2014_5_28_18_10_30.jpg

this is when i let go of my stick, g940 stick and the dead man switch put it into position? i am not sure, my joystick is calibrated, on other games it is centered, only on BOS it looks like that?

at first i thought bad nose up of Bf109 is the plane, now i see it the plane and the stick. when i put stabilisator of bf 109 to maximum nose down(thing its 2) it still climbs quiet a bit in neutral stick position. not sure if its meant to be like that or is this effect is compounded by the off center pitch axis for me?

also all other fighters got strong nose up for me, without me trimming nose down quiet a bit. with trim it is managable. i think this is caused by why you see on the pic? anyone has a idea please?

since nobody had a idea i tried fix it myself. i think i have a break through. after reinstalling everything and its mom, i was at a loss, but then i turned to the dreaded profiler. damn i hate this pice of crap software.

as soon as i switched off the profile that axis is back to normal. now i have to re-map a lot of controls but at least i got that nose up tendency fixed. i dont care bout fixing the profiler fault, ill uninstall it asap i think, for now its permanently off.

• Upvote 1

Good find.

Without the Logitech profiler the G940 responses more direct to your input and the default nose up trimis by far not that much anymore.

it seems i fixed it, at least for planes that have trim, the trim manipulates the center position of the stick and does push its center up or down, on pitch axis(did not look up the others). that means you loose some movement on the axis you trimmed.

like its 0-100% where 50% is the middle position. now when you trim nose down 20% your stick moves up 20% on the pitch axis, means its center position is now at 70% of the total axis, no longer at 50%.

it works nice but has the side effect that the axis then has in fact a short end(30% of axis left for nose down) and 70% of the axis are now nose up.

however with stabilizers it works different. stabilizer does not manipulate the stick position on the axis, that may be correct but there is one problem, while the plane may fly level now the FFB still thinks there is a up tendency. that means the stick is centered now in the plane but the FFB is off center!

is this intentional or a bug? 

the result is that when you pull back on the stick FFB gets lighter instead of stronger for some moments till you are past the center of FFB and FFB starts to increase again. i cant explain it better then to say stick center position is not FFB center position on the 109, that will be cause of the stabilizers that do not move the center axis position, like trim would.

maybe i missunderstand something and all is working as planed, anyone here, if you fly 109 G2 with no wind and no interference from outside, and have stabilizer on position +2(maximum nose down), does the plane still climb for you or only for me?

Edited by Fokkxor

maybe i missunderstand something and all is working as planed, anyone here, if you fly 109 G2 with no wind and no interference from outside, and have stabilizer on position +2(maximum nose down), does the plane still climb for you or only for me?

I have the same thing ,and i fly whit hotas warthog

me to dont know how to fix it .

sorry to hear you got the same problem, but at least i am happy to know it not exactly my sticks fault.

i think the implementation of stabilizer is at fault, technicaly it works and does what it should, but the FFB doesnt get shifted the same way like on a plane with trim, it does shift a bit but it is still not centered.

i am still not sure if i just hunt after something that is supposed to be or if that is the FM or a bug. at least its not my stick, glad bout that.